LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

RB Carlos Hyde Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
divide that by 4 and you'll be on point. he'll be on IR by week 5.

You know I don't live in reality...just the "projection world."

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This. If he stays healthy, he is the perfect back for Chip's system. He is what Chip thought he was getting in Demarco Murray. Which is a decisive north/south runner. With that said though, I also blame alot of Murray's struggles on the eagles bad guard play btw.

From what I've read that indecisiveness was a big reason why Chip got rid of McCoy. Seemed like in McCoy's second season with Chip, he reverted back to bad habits. Which was too much dancing at the line.

Chip wants somebody for his inside zone that takes the handoff and hits the hole quickly. Hyde also has that short area quickness to be effective in Chip's outside zone/sweep, especially with Modkins helping to devise some of that. He was great at devising that outside running game in Buffalo.
murrays failures are on chip, he misidentified murrays strengths which are not running out of the shotgun. you need a rb with a quick explosive first step and who can turn the corner to excel in his chips system. murray needs to have his should square to the line of scrimmage to excel like he did in dallas
Originally posted by FaTaL:
murrays failures are on chip, he misidentified murrays strengths which are not running out of the shotgun. you need a rb with a quick explosive first step and who can turn the corner to excel in his chips system. murray needs to have his should square to the line of scrimmage to excel like he did in dallas

Your right, definitely not disagreeing with you. Thats why I wanted to point out a good deal of fault on Phillies guard play as well. Chip's system is built around a decisive runner that hits that hole quickly in his inside zone, and does need a back with good acceleration. It may be telling that Murray was coming off a season that was probably very trying on his body as well.

In any hand, I wasn't trying to compare and contrast Murray to Hyde specifically. Murray's 2015 season is all hindsight now. I just wanted to point out that Hyde fits the mold for what Chip was looking for when he signed Murray, which is why I said Hyde is what Chip thought he was getting in Murray, which plays right into your post.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jun 13, 2016 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by thl408:
I think Hyde is a top5 RB talent in the league if he can stay healthy. He has a lot: vision, short area elusiveness, tough to tackle, ball security. Just no homerun speed, but rarely do RBs get to display that. If he just gets average run blocking, he'll breakout on the national scene.

This. If he stays healthy, he is the perfect back for Chip's system. He is what Chip thought he was getting in Demarco Murray. Which is a decisive north/south runner. With that said though, I also blame alot of Murray's struggles on the eagles bad guard play btw.

From what I've read that indecisiveness was a big reason why Chip got rid of McCoy. Seemed like in McCoy's second season with Chip, he reverted back to bad habits. Which was too much dancing at the line.

Chip wants somebody for his inside zone that takes the handoff and hits the hole quickly. Hyde also has that short area quickness to be effective in Chip's outside zone/sweep, especially with Modkins helping to devise some of that. He was great at devising that outside running game in Buffalo.

THIS....that's exactly why we took Garnett in the first
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
My prediction for hyde this year
1,300 rush yards
10 td
35 rec
2 rec td

Maybe 50 rec
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Hopefully he won't have to make crazy cutbacks like this too much this year.

Perhaps this year, when a running play is called to the right side, Garnett, Brown and McDonald will be opening up some massive holes.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 19, 2016 at 8:16 AM ]

Ah, that moment when we were fooled and thought it wouldn't be that bad last season.

Besides this play, I don't remember Carlos Hyde making many grest plays in his career so far......... I don't understand all the hype.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Besides this play, I don't remember Carlos Hyde making many grest plays in his career so far......... I don't understand all the hype.

It's because he had one of the highest yards after contact stats in the league last year iirc. Our oline was that bad that they constantly let defenders into the backfiled, however Hyde still managed to make things happen after they did.

He's been injured a lot but is dynamic
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

He's been injured a lot but is dynamic

I know I'm not the only one that gets pretty excited to see a QB running down the field ready to throw a block.
Carlos needs to tske care of his body. He took alot of unnecessary punishment last year. Finishing runs violently for no reason. He should call Gore up and get some tips for longevity

GTFO
  • thl408
His first NFL carry - inside zone (zone read). This is going to happen a lot this season.
Share 49ersWebzone