LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
My understanding is that he ran his 4.48 with a foot injury? So guessing low 4.4 is his real speed if it matters.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by jreff22:
How long is Batheas (sp) contract for?

Like this pick so far!

3Yrs

Actually 4 yr deal, but structured as 1yr deals.

And love this pick.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by frankie:

Like this pick so far!

3Yrs

Actually 4 yr deal, but structured as 1yr deals.

And love this pick.

Me too, the more I think about it. He can play the slot for a year or two and take over at S after Bethea is gone.

If he does well playing CB, there's no way he goes back to SS.

Jimmie Ward was a 'Niner' before he was drafted a Niner!
[ Edited by cris_sonic on May 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM ]
Why not Robey or Kone Ealy?
Harbaugh said he won't be ready until training camp because he had foot surgery in March
He can play the ball and the can tackle... EXACTLY what we need out of a nickle back. Verrett nor Roby can tackle, and both are too aggressive at times. Perfect value pick imo.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yeah, I think this guy could have been had at #60.

Why not take big name corner from ohio state, then if we really wanted ward we could bundle a couple of picks or next years, and move up in the 2nd to get him.

I think we got screwed when dennard and Verret went back to back.

I like some hits I see but I am not sure that game will translate to the NFL.

Because the 49ers think Ward is better than the big name corner from Ohio State, simple as that.

You're pure potato if you think Ward would have been there around #60. Most had him as an early 2nd rounder, in 3 of 4 of CBS's mock drafts they had him as a 1st rounder, stop trying to pretend you're smarter than the people who get paid to do this.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Harbaugh said he won't be ready until training camp because he had foot surgery in March

Which makes his work out that much more impressive.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because the 49ers think Ward is better than the big name corner from Ohio State, simple as that.

You're pure potato if you think Ward would have been there around #60. Most had him as an early 2nd rounder, in 3 of 4 of CBS's mock drafts they had him as a 1st rounder, stop trying to pretend you're smarter than the people who get paid to do this.

So he'll play Nickel corner? Certainly not safety this year.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Aint gonna lie, I was pissed at first. The more I see of this guy the better I feel about this.

Yeah me too

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1786605/jimmie-ward

2 of 4 CBS mock drafts had him as a Top 20 pick, 1 more had him at #30. People need to stop calling him a reach, just because you don't know the name doesn't mean the people whose jobs are on the line are equally clueless.
Originally posted by Clarity:
Haha me too! He has the same room and TV as before. I think this is JD in Sacramento.

I've watched him on YouTube before. He's a dire hard fan like me who just wants us to win.

My reaction was the same. I'm like "Uh...so we play him at corner?" What's the point of this pick with Bethea and Reid?

Yeah seems like a good dude
Originally posted by Clarity:
So he'll play Nickel corner? Certainly not safety this year.

Yes. Slot corner and then be groomed as a safety.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Aint gonna lie, I was pissed at first. The more I see of this guy the better I feel about this.

Yeah me too

The Eric Reid syndrome.
Originally posted by Empire49:

Like this pick so far!

Doesn't matter. Ward can play CB.

Yea he will play CB I believe Culliver played Safety in college. Classic baalke move the more I see this kid the more I like he fits our system
Share 49ersWebzone