There are 251 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Terrible. Absolutely terrible. He needs to ride the pine. But then again, with Brock out, what can we do?
He really shouldn't be put in this position. Our secondary is in big, big trouble.
Originally posted by SFrush:
We're rushing this kid. He's not ready to cover the slot.

This... and Fangio aint helpin him any.

Cook and Cully on the outside with Cox in the slot should be mandatory, but who knows what this staff is thinking anymore.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Looks like AJ Jenkins on defense out there.

Pretty much.
He is out matched. If he was playing against smaller receivers he may do better.But teams have just put their bigger receivers in the slot and now he is a target.
Have to keep in mind the foot injury held him out of mini camp and OTA's so he was playing catch up in training camp.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
once brock comes back, cox will move to the slot. this dude just isn't ready.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Have to keep in mind the foot injury held him out of mini camp and OTA's so he was playing catch up in training camp.
Really hope so because he looks like s**t

You either got it or you don't....yeah it's still early, but dude needs to show that he's better than what we've seen so far....
Sucks so far, my wtf is baalke doing scream on draft day is living up.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Should have kept Darryl Morris. That was the one release I didn't understand.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Sucks so far, my wtf is baalke doing scream on draft day is living up.

Still early but if Ward looks like this by the end of the season, Im going to be very worried. He just looks lost in coverage right now.
Originally posted by LB49ers:
He is out matched. If he was playing against smaller receivers he may do better.But teams have just put their bigger receivers in the slot and now he is a target.

He is outmatch even on smaller receiver did you see Browns touchdown just ran past by him.
Brown was smaller receiver but he got burn they are both rookie. Just like the other poster mentioned either you got it or you don't. What makes Reid great on his rookie year is after he makes mistakes he learn from this guy doesn't seem to have it. He is our worst corner so far they should take him out of nickel before his confidence take sa full dive and cost the team even more.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Should have kept Darryl Morris. That was the one release I didn't understand.

Let's trade Ward to the Texans to get him back.
Him & culliver look like safeties & not corners. They cant cover and locate the ball whatsoever
Share 49ersWebzone