There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

1st Round, 30th Pick SF 49ers selects Jimmie Ward, SS, Northern Illinois

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Aint gonna lie, I was pissed at first. The more I see of this guy the better I feel about this.

Yeah me too

The Eric Reid syndrome.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by jreff22:
How long is Batheas (sp) contract for?

Like this pick so far!

Doesn't matter. Ward can play CB.

Yea he will play CB I believe Culliver played Safety in college. Classic baalke move the more I see this kid the more I like he fits our system
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Why not Robey or Kone Ealy?

roby will be a bust. Ealy would've been interesting
Best one. tomorrow gonna be draft heavy. Might get two wr!

#t=84
  • Crown
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,299
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
This was a reach. He probably would have been available in the 2nd.

Probably doesn't work in real life.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Aint gonna lie, I was pissed at first. The more I see of this guy the better I feel about this.

Yeah me too

The Eric Reid syndrome.

I liked the Reid pick. But like these guys I was mad for a minute. I have less feels now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1786605/jimmie-ward


2 of 4 CBS mock drafts had him as a Top 20 pick, 1 more had him at #30. People need to stop calling him a reach, just because you don't know the name doesn't mean the people whose jobs are on the line are equally clueless.

Posts like this are why I love reading your thoughts on here, Phoenix.
The guy tackles pretty smart. Doesn't seem like he cares about taking out someones knees. No Dashon Goldson.
I didn't hear a single person on TV even call this guy a reach, I don't understand where that's coming from?
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,015
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
For those questioning this move, the 49ers just knocked out two needs in one player.


Slot corner? Check.


Backup safety to develop and groom to replace Bethea? Check.




It was a good move to acquire a quality, versatile defensive back with a mean streak, I wouldn't consider it a reach either, what Philly did was a lot more of a reach IMO.

This.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1786605/jimmie-ward


2 of 4 CBS mock drafts had him as a Top 20 pick, 1 more had him at #30. People need to stop calling him a reach, just because you don't know the name doesn't mean the people whose jobs are on the line are equally clueless.

Posts like this are why I love reading your thoughts on here, Phoenix.


seriously! I was calling for his name before the pick was made because I couldn't believe he was still available. Built like a CB and hits like a safety! whats not to love. only knock on him was he is from a small school but NIU has been coming lately
Some excerpts from Jimmie Ward's Scouts Inc. profile.



Cover Skills-2-Quick, balanced athlete with good body control, but has a touch of stiffness in hips and has good  but not elite  top-end playing speed. Bit high in pedal but shows solid burst out of pedal, and also closes quickly in short area. Offers versatility with extensive experience working both in slot (man and zone) and at high-point (as man-free centerfielder). Good in press coverage. Physical. Can improve technique, but usually good job making contact and re-routing.

Ball Skills-2-Good overall ball skills. Can pluck away from frame. Strong hand-eye coordination. Quick to adjust and has good body control. Has been late locating over shoulder on occasion. Production matches skill set: 11 career INTs and dangerous with ball in hands (see: INT return vs. EIU 2013).

Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
This was a reach. He probably would have been available in the 2nd.

People thought Aldon and Eric Reid were reaches too. Baalke does not miss on defense.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I didn't hear a single person on TV even call this guy a reach, I don't understand where that's coming from?

cause he isn't what most guys wanted.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I didn't hear a single person on TV even call this guy a reach, I don't understand where that's coming from?

cause he isn't what most guys wanted.

Not a reach lol.