LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
In the telecast, the camera view starts off wide so we can see the two safeties (Bethea/Reid) in a 2 deep safety look. Ward was playing with a slight cushion on Welker in the slot.

The camera starts to zoom in and the safeties could no longer be seen. Once the ball was snapped, Ward back peddled to maintain the cushion (outside leverage) as Reid came downhill to play robber (zone in the middle of the field). With Ward knowing he has help (Reid) to the inside, any inside breaking route is for Reid to pickup. I've seen the 49ers play this coverage often and mainly on premier targets such as JGraham and in this case, Welker.

Peyton did a great job fitting that ball in there. Reid came close to knocking that pass down. Had Welker gone vertical or broke to the outside, at that point, Welker becomes Ward's man assignment and Ward is in great position to defend any vertical/outside route.

I saw the same thing.

It looked a bit like Reid was hesitant for some reason. I think he hesitated for a second (didn't want to lay out his own man?) and then when the pass was complete he was beating himself up.

If Reid had acted decisively he might have deflected or even intercepted the ball.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Jimmy Ward has shown me SQUAT! Dude is small,slow and got toasted by SLOW Wes Welker with over the top Eric Reid Help. Where did Balke find this dude. Can Balk stay out of the State of Illinois when using 49er 1st round picks?

feel free to hide under the bed until the season is over

This Poster by the name of Elephanthaley seems to like stirring people's s#it on here ive notice just about all his post are quite negative i wonder if this dude is really a Cawks fan, my eyes hurt every time i have to glance at his post.

It's hilarious. He was calling on Baalke to resign after Dial and Carradine didn't start in their rookie season. Seriously dude has a full on melt down over every player on the roster at some point. Such is life.

he also traded our first round pick for adrian peterson before the draft, dez bryant aswell. i dont think he is a hawks fan, i think he is a out of touch 49er fan who actually believes what he posts.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:46 AM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
In the telecast, the camera view starts off wide so we can see the two safeties (Bethea/Reid) in a 2 deep safety look. Ward was playing with a slight cushion on Welker in the slot.

The camera starts to zoom in and the safeties could no longer be seen. Once the ball was snapped, Ward back peddled to maintain the cushion (outside leverage) as Reid came downhill to play robber (zone in the middle of the field). With Ward knowing he has help (Reid) to the inside, any inside breaking route is for Reid to pickup. I've seen the 49ers play this coverage often and mainly on premier targets such as JGraham and in this case, Welker.

Peyton did a great job fitting that ball in there. Reid came close to knocking that pass down. Had Welker gone vertical or broke to the outside, at that point, Welker becomes Ward's man assignment and Ward is in great position to defend any vertical/outside route.

That's just crazy talk.... That totally conflicts with the opinion: Ward Sucks!!!!

You must be a witch..... BURN' EM
Originally posted by crabman82:
Jimmy Ward has shown me SQUAT! Dude is small,slow and got toasted by SLOW Wes Welker with over the top Eric Reid Help. Where did Balke find this dude. Can Balk stay out of the State of Illinois when using 49er 1st round picks?

This Poster by the name of Elephanthaley seems to like stirring people's s#it on here ive notice just about all his post are quite negative i wonder if this dude is really a Cawks fan, my eyes hurt every time i have to glance at his post.

It's hilarious. He was calling on Baalke to resign after Dial and Carradine didn't start in their rookie season. Seriously dude has a full on melt down over every player on the roster at some point. Such is life.

he also traded our first round pick for adrian peterson before the draft, dez bryant aswell. i dont think he is a hawks fan, i think he is a out of touch 49er fan who actually believes what he posts.

he plays too much madden is what it is.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I saw the same thing.

It looked a bit like Reid was hesitant for some reason. I think he hesitated for a second (didn't want to lay out his own man?) and then when the pass was complete he was beating himself up.

If Reid had acted decisively he might have deflected or even intercepted the ball.

This is what Kevin Lynch said in the defensive breakdown piece. That Reid was hesitant and could not decide if he should lay out Welker or play the ball. If he had played the ball he most likely would have picked it.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by crabman82:

he plays too much madden is what it is.

what ever the case is i question his authenticity just take a look when he opened his account, hmmm 2012??? sounds like a 12th man to me. Super Bowl + new poster = NOT A REAL DIE HARD!!!
How about that pick today? Ward looking good
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
How about that pick today? Ward looking good

It was really Lynch that made that play....Ward was in the right place at the right time for the gift INT.
Originally posted by kray28:
It was really Lynch that made that play....Ward was in the right place at the right time for the gift INT.

It was still a nice catch. Also there and on that almost fumble return for a TD he showed he has a real nose for the ball. A real playmaker. I like it
Ward looked great very athletic

Jimmie Ward Looked good today. I was impressed by his efforts today vs the BOLTS. Good Job Jimmie and keep it up.
Jimmie Ward Looked good today. I was impressed by his efforts today vs the BOLTS. Good Job Jimmie and keep it up.

Post lobotomy?
ballhawk!
He was consistent the entire day, the moment that Charrgers WR shoulder-blocked him in the 1st quarter (shoving Ward almost a couple meters back), that really ignited Jimmie the rest of the game, dude had to feel chumped getting trucked by such a small receiver, lots of fire.
Originally posted by outside4949:
ballhawk!

This. Exactly what we need
Share 49ersWebzone