There are 228 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I think, he look like a thin? He need gain his weight and need get some muscle.

Fast are supposed to be corner slots. The likes of Austin Tavon will Jimmy covers. Do you even football?

I'm 79% sure that Buzz is a troll account made by another poster just reading his post. Especially about Bradford lol.

Yeah, they don't even get football in Mepos.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Jimmy Ward has shown me SQUAT! Dude is small,slow and got toasted by SLOW Wes Welker with over the top Eric Reid Help. Where did Balke find this dude. Can Balk stay out of the State of Illinois when using 49er 1st round picks?

Wow!! I guess you voted for obama too! Genius
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Jimmy Ward has shown me SQUAT! Dude is small,slow and got toasted by SLOW Wes Welker with over the top Eric Reid Help. Where did Balke find this dude. Can Balk stay out of the State of Illinois when using 49er 1st round picks?

feel free to hide under the bed until the season is over
Originally posted by wailers15:

Take that crap to WorldNetDaily. This is a sports thing.
Originally posted by wailers15:

Gt*oh, u must be one of those haters that would rather have someone like bush as president still, *oh

welker and his slow white ass always beats people. Its not the end of the world.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

welker and his slow white ass always beats people. Its not the end of the world.

Every team loses Welker on the illegal pick plays .... errr ... crossing routes that Denver features.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

exactly. plus factor in that Ward is still learning a very tough new position with the slot and while he gave up the catch, he was right on Welker. Manning threaded that ball between Ward and Reid. Other than that he played a ton of snaps and gave up squat (i think 2 catches for a combined 5 yds) I'm not worried at all about Ward. he has playmaker written all over him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Originally posted by cciowa:

This Poster by the name of Elephanthaley seems to like stirring people's s#it on here ive notice just about all his post are quite negative i wonder if this dude is really a Cawks fan, my eyes hurt every time i have to glance at his post.

• thl408
The catch to Welker was Reid's "fault". Ward played his assignment, which was play with outside, over the top leverage to take away any vertical/outside breaking route by Welker. Reid lined up in a 2 deep look, then came down to play robber post-snap to take away anything over the middle. Reid was mad at himself for missing that by a few inches. Ward was doing what he was supposed to do there.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by cciowa:

This Poster by the name of Elephanthaley seems to like stirring people's s#it on here ive notice just about all his post are quite negative i wonder if this dude is really a Cawks fan, my eyes hurt every time i have to glance at his post.

It's hilarious. He was calling on Baalke to resign after Dial and Carradine didn't start in their rookie season. Seriously dude has a full on melt down over every player on the roster at some point. Such is life.
Originally posted by thl408:
The catch to Welker was Reid's "fault". Ward played his assignment, which was play with outside, over the top leverage to take away any vertical/outside breaking route by Welker. Reid lined up in a 2 deep look, then came down to play robber post-snap to take away anything over the middle. Reid was mad at himself for missing that by a few inches. Ward was doing what he was supposed to do there.

Nice observation. That probably was a robber defense.

But you have to realize, some people see the game as a Madden cartoon vs another Madden cartoon. Ward's cartoon didn't do the little deflection animation, therefore his pass defense rating can't be very high.
Originally posted by thl408:

Maybe I'm not recalling the play correctly but I thought Wards coverafe cut underneath Welkers in route. I mean that coverage wouldn't because Reids was in the cross/in/dig route over the middle but Wards coverage put him underneath the route for the deflection but it looked like he just got out played by a savvy vet,
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 20, 2014 at 1:47 AM ]
  • thl408
In the telecast, the camera view starts off wide so we can see the two safeties (Bethea/Reid) in a 2 deep safety look. Ward was playing with a slight cushion on Welker in the slot.

The camera starts to zoom in and the safeties could no longer be seen. Once the ball was snapped, Ward back peddled to maintain the cushion (outside leverage) as Reid came downhill to play robber (zone in the middle of the field). With Ward knowing he has help (Reid) to the inside, any inside breaking route is for Reid to pickup. I've seen the 49ers play this coverage often and mainly on premier targets such as JGraham and in this case, Welker.

Peyton did a great job fitting that ball in there. Reid came close to knocking that pass down. Had Welker gone vertical or broke to the outside, at that point, Welker becomes Ward's man assignment and Ward is in great position to defend any vertical/outside route.
Share 49ersWebzone