LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
If anyone listens to the better rivals podcast, they'd know that ward is one of their favorite players, dude just has a tough time staying healthy

This is why I hope Lynch moves on from him......well after he passes a physical.

He needs to be healthy before March 14th or his deal is GTD for the season, wonder if they can get him to redo his deal, lower the cap hit, he's making too much, $8.526M is a lot for a S, it sucks cause the number is CB money as he played CB in 2016 so that was what he got, had he played S in 2016 it would be closer to Reid's $5.676M from last year.

Yes i say ask him to restructure & compete for a spot or move from him. I'm good either way

Yeah. I hope he takes 2-3 mill cut and stays. I been making a case where in nickel he goes to safety and we out Tartt at LB until Foster comes back.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Yeah. I hope he takes 2-3 mill cut and stays. I been making a case where in nickel he goes to safety and we out Tartt at LB until Foster comes back.

Word it would be dope to see Ward Colbert and Tartt all on the field in Nickel (along with Williams, Witherspoon and whoever we pick up to start opposite Spoon)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This guy is not worth 8.5 million. Either tell him to take pay cut or he can kick rocks.
Before Foster got arrested AGAIN I was thinking maybe draft Derwin James at 8 and move Ward back to CB. I still think we should probably move Ward back to CB. I would def keep him around for another year unless we could get at least a third round pick for him which is not happening.
Originally posted by susweel:
This guy is not worth 8.5 million. Either tell him to take pay cut or he can kick rocks.

Word
Originally posted by susweel:

Yep. We must ask Ward for take pay cut if he refused it then we must release him because he is not great defense.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Move Ward back to CB and keep him there!

Nope. We don't need him. He was injured and move to SS then move to CB again over again. Forget about him. He was not impressed defense. Let him to go.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

Nope. We don't need him. He was injured and move to SS then move to CB again over again. Forget about him. He was not impressed defense. Let him to go.

the thought of ward and kilgore back on this team terrifies me
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I want everyone to read the 1st 5 pages of this thread.
[ Edited by FL9er on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:12 PM ]
Man, 8.5 mil could get us a really nice player that can stay on the field.

Like Ward. But it's a bummer.

He can't stay healthy, so I'm hoping they get him to take a pay cut or broom him and pay someone that can be relied on.
Ward can tackle and cover well. Thing is, he is simply built a certain way and plays a certain way that his injury risk is always going to be high.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Man, 8.5 mil could get us a really nice player that can stay on the field.

Like Ward. But it's a bummer.

I say cut and see if you can come to terms after.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

the thought of ward and kilgore back on this team terrifies me

by terrifies do you mean nauseate?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Ward can tackle and cover well. Thing is, he is simply built a certain way and plays a certain way that his injury risk is always going to be high.

Ward gets beat deep in single coverage quite a bit.
Share 49ersWebzone