Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Ahhhh! Jimmy "Glass" at it again. He and Bruce Ellington should be roommates

Forgot all about Bruce Ellington
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ward, the guy the 49ers picked prior to the Raiders picking Carr.

Why would the 49ers take Carr after the 2013 season?

Why do the Patriots draft QBs in the 2nd and third round repeatedly?
The 49ers gave Kaepernick a deal that they could opt out of because they were hedging their financial bets but they had no plan B for on the field.

We had a back plan in gabbert.
Originally posted by Tman:
So how many IR players do we have this year?

(14+) Through 2016:
Vance McDonald & Blake Bell, Bruce Ellington & Quinton Patton, Daniel Kilgore, Arik Armstead, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Navarro Bowman, Shayne Skov & Nick Bellore, Jimmie Ward, Chris Davis, Will Redmond & Eric Reid (Off-season: Ian Williams, Bruce Miller, Thad Lewis, Jered Bell & Eric Rogers).

I would not be surprised to see Joe Staley, Glenn Dorsey & Torrey Smith added this week to I.R. as well (smart move).
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Tman:
So how many IR players do we have this year?

(14+) Through 2016:
Vance McDonald & Blake Bell, Bruce Ellington & Quinton Patton, Daniel Kilgore, Arik Armstead, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Navarro Bowman, Shayne Skov & Nick Bellore, Jimmie Ward, Chris Davis, Will Redmond & Eric Reid (Off-season: Ian Williams, Bruce Miller, Thad Lewis, Jered Bell & Eric Rogers).

I would not be surprised to see Joe Staley, Glenn Dorsey & Torrey Smith added this week to I.R. as well (smart move).

Very smart. Evaluate the bubble guys that you wanna see if can ball in games or have made enough progress before replacing in FA/draft.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Dec 20, 2016 at 2:45 PM ]

The 49ers gave Kaepernick a deal that they could opt out of because they were hedging their financial bets but they had no plan B for on the field.
Sorry? Mallett was picked YEARS AGO at the end of round 3. Years later they drafted another QB because their QB is aging. There is absolutely no comparison to our situation in 2013. I don't know any team that picks a backup for a future franchise QB.
Guy ducks at coverage. He and Reid can gtfo.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ltrain:
He's made of glass just like most of Baalke's other picks (those still left on the team anyway). Better lock him up to an extension!

Its not like he was often injured in college, oh wait.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jimmie-ward?id=2543741
So much about often injured. Still wondering that you are taken seriously...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by communist:
He's made of glass just like most of Baalke's other picks (those still left on the team anyway). Better lock him up to an extension!

Lol might wonna learn to read.

PICK ANALYSIS:
"He's a true free safety. The concern is frame (5-foot-11, 193 pounds) and durability is an issue. He can play strong safety, but I worry about his frame over a 16-game season. This is a kid who's a natural center fielder, but he'll move up to make a play (against the run)." -- Mike Mayock

Did not work out at the combine because of a foot injury (medical exclusion).
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 20, 2016 at 3:00 PM ]

PICK ANALYSIS:
"He's a true free safety. The concern is frame (5-foot-11, 193 pounds) and durability is an issue. He can play strong safety, but I worry about his frame over a 16-game season. This is a kid who's a natural center fielder, but he'll move up to make a play (against the run)." -- Mike Mayock
Where does the report say that he was often injured. And I am not talking about an opinion but facts.

Sorry? Mallett was picked YEARS AGO at the end of round 3. Years later they drafted another QB because their QB is aging. There is absolutely no comparison to our situation in 2013. I don't know any team that picks a backup for a future franchise QB.

What question do you have? Like I said. The Patriots have drafted three qbs in the first three rounds since 2008, the 49ees have drafted only three qbs in the first three rounds in the past 20 years.
Not drafting qbs put the 49ers where they are now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

PICK ANALYSIS:
Where does the report say that he was often injured. And I am not talking about an opinion but facts.

Missed the UMass game with sprained A/C joint in his right shoulder and also has the bum foot.
What question do you have? Like I said. The Patriots have drafted three qbs in the first three rounds since 2008, the 49ees have drafted only three qbs in the first three rounds in the past 20 years.
Are you trying to change up the topic? The topic was that you b***hed about Baalke for not drafting Carr in 2013 and not "who picked how many QBs in the past".
It was absolutely reasonable NOT to draft a QB at the end of round 1.
Now, your argument is based on numbers rather than on arguments.

The Patriots drafted three QBs since 2011 and four since 2008. The Niners were not in need to draft backup QBs every three years.
Either team has picked just one QB in round 2 during this period of time.
Missed the UMass game with sprained A/C joint in his right shoulder and also has the bum foot.
This is certainly not labeled "often injured".
Are you trying to change up the topic? The topic was that you b***hed about Baalke for not drafting Carr in 2013 and not "who picked how many QBs in the past".
It was absolutely reasonable NOT to draft a QB at the end of round 1.
Now, your argument is based on numbers rather than on arguments.

The Patriots drafted three QBs since 2011 and four since 2008. The Niners were not in need to draft backup QBs every three years.
Either team has picked just one QB in round 2 during this period of time.

I am not changing the topic. The tooic is how thw 49ers pass on qbs to draft mediocre dbs over and over again.
For two years now the 49ers have needed a qb, if they had drafted one in tge top three rounds they might not need one desperately. The 49ers don't even have a good backup who can win two games in a row.
Sonce 2008, the 49ers have drafted three QBs in the firs t three rounds while having a great starter. The 49ers have drafted one in that time and look at where they are because of that shortsightedness.
Share 49ersWebzone