There are 177 users in the forums

2014 Season Opener: 49ers V Cowboys

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Under-estimate nobody - this the NFL and the Cowboys will be a tough game.

IMO, Crabs will have a breakout game - he should be health and he'll want to upstage Dez. Maybe he'll also want to increase his value to the Cowboys as a FA?

I'm really hoping both Fangio and Roman unleash some attacking schemes.

49ers 34 Dallas 21

Yes, we can give that game away easily with boneheaded mistakes and predictable play calling... something we have been efficient at in the past.

Still, when it comes to having the horses, we got them out numbered. I won't argue with that score
DAL has NO DEFENSE!!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Under-estimate nobody - this the NFL and the Cowboys will be a tough game.

IMO, Crabs will have a breakout game - he should be health and he'll want to upstage Dez. Maybe he'll also want to increase his value to the Cowboys as a FA?

I'm really hoping both Fangio and Roman unleash some attacking schemes.

49ers 34 Dallas 21

Yes, we can give that game away easily with boneheaded mistakes and predictable play calling... something we have been efficient at in the past.

Still, when it comes to having the horses, we got them out numbered. I won't argue with that score

Don't worry, Tony Romo would give it right back to us.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Don't worry, Tony Romo would give it right back to us.

I always suspected him of being a 49er supporter.....
It's true our secondary will probably get burned a couple times by Romo at some point but Dallas D has never gone against Kap in person so they can have fun with that.
I can't think of a better team to thrash the crap out of as a warm up to the season than the defenseless Cowboys.

Get the new guys a nice game to get acclimated and then set the tone for the season.
I don't know, Romo plays pretty good against us for some reason. Last time he came to the stick, he pretty much had the game of his life. We punctured his lung and he still came back to seal the victory. I know on paper we are the better team, but we just cant look at it as an automatic win. I know we will be better prepared for Romo's scrambling/extending of plays because we practice against one of the best running QBs in the game. Last time we played the GIRLS, Alex was our QB, and he wasnt necessarily a scrambling QB, unless it was to the right sideline to throw one away. So I doubt he was testing our defense in practice as far as being an evasive target/slippery scrambler such as Romo. But anyways please win NINERS! I made a bet with my Brother in Law who is a huge Cowgirls fan, whoevers team wins, we have to sport the opposing teams Jersey every Sunday for the rest of the regular season.
Here's a good USA today breakdown of the whole team.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2014/06/25/dallas-tony-romo-jerry-jones/11353817/
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the last time we beat the Cowboys?
2002, so we haven't beat them in 12 years, OUCH!
[ Edited by prime21 on Jul 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM ]

• lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prime21:
2002, so we haven't beat them in 12 years, OUCH!

that will change this year.
I'm curious to how our Defense will do against Romo, but with our improved offense and Dallas having a crap defense, I think we can score at least 31 points.
Here is what they are saying on the cowboys forum;

dandy don 52, on 28 Jun 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:
It's just speculation kevo !lol I didnt see it in a crystal ball.
SF is the 2nd best team in the league my opinion and it is that start that I think will start a chain of events.
The cowboys have the toughest starting schedule they have had in a long time.
the first 6 games are all going to be tougher opponents than they faced last year.
Last year Dallas struggled to beat teams like minnesota at home and wash on the road, both were bad teams.
Now they are going to get one good team after another.
And if you read thru the thread you would see I have said they could go 1-3 2-2 3-1 or even 4-0, but which is more likely??
0-4 is unlikely too , which I found out after looking back to 2003, 2-2 is the most likely.
but me saying 2-2 isnt a very bold statement, so I went out on a limb and said 0-4.
To say you know how tough our opponents are going to be in the NFL is crazy IMO. Maybe in the NBA there's more potential to gauge things like that but we could breeze through SF, it happens. Just wait and see what each team puts on the field in training camp at least before you determine who is winning and losing what games. You could say something like "I think these games here will be tough if the teams are similar to what they were last year, we may not win a game in the first quarter of the season", and that would be a little more reasonable. They could be 4-0, or 0-4, but realistically IF they are similar to last year they will be 2-2 and hoping they don't get injured and the defense rallies from losing Sean Lee and stays... or gets cohesive.

Regardless of what teams we are facing we are an offense who was extremely productive in turning drives into 7 points last year and "on paper" we have improved over what we were putting on the field offensively this year.

What's going to happen on defense is a crapshoot IMO there is POTENTIAL there for a good defense but it's a good defense that is relying on a great many IFs. Ifs are all we have right now though, so it is what it is and it's better than no ifs and no potential.
[ Edited by jeepzilla on Jul 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
I expect to beat every team on our schedule this year, I think we have the most talented team since 1994. However, playing on the road against a high powered passing offense is probably the worst way to start our season.

1) Aldon might not be there.
2) Our secondary might be a little raw.

That being said, our depth is insane, and we have tons more firepower on offense than we had last season.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I expect to beat every team on our schedule this year, I think we have the most talented team since 1994. However, playing on the road against a high powered passing offense is probably the worst way to start our season.

1) Aldon might not be there.
2) Our secondary might be a little raw.

That being said, our depth is insane, and we have tons more firepower on offense than we had last season.

We went against packers wk 1 last season.
Share 49ersWebzone