LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

2014 Season Opener: 49ers V Cowboys

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hope we win 53-0 but consider the following:

Which of our corners will keep Dez Bryant from scoring multiple Tds against us? Also, were gonna be without Bowman and Aldon Smith (most likely). We also have a new free safety and several new defensive backs including some rookies.

It could be a shoot out.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I've hears several reports suggesting Tony Romo's ailing back has prevented him from putting his full power into the long throws.

I wonder if this is a 'nothing' story or if he'll be only partially healthy come week 1. They're in big trouble is Weeden is playing QB!

I think Romo is close to done, seriously. This guy has had injuries upon injuries, and a bad back can be a career ender.
Nah, big Jer just gave him essentially $120 mil...room will play forever. Also it is blatantly obvious why the Cowboys have won one playoff game, ONE, since 1995. And they haven't broken 8-8 since...cripes, I can't even remember when. Worse news? Jason Garrett finally took the podium and said this was a rebuilding yr. Ouch.
I'm excited for this season, as always. It doens't matter where we are projected...just to see the guys take the field and cheer for them is more than enough for me and my gal, but for some reason i'm a bit nervous for this season. I read that article that was just posted about us taking a step back this year, and with the little injuries we've had...i know other teams have had some as well...i wonder how many dings our defense can take before it's just no longer a threat...

I hope our D-line can get some push, and hopefully someone steps up while aldon and bowman are out...

we'll see. it's still going to be awesome watching them.
Bolts lit them up....we gonn' demolish them
Romo is going to drink a nice tall glass of Lemonier.
Is our coaching staff game planning this early for Dallas or not?
K I'm going to this thing! Who else is going?
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Aug 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by nflguy49:

Which of our corners will keep Dez Bryant from scoring multiple Tds against us? Also, were gonna be without Bowman and Aldon Smith (most likely). We also have a new free safety and several new defensive backs including some rookies.

It could be a shoot out.

We don't have a new FS, his name is Eric Reid and he'll do just fine. The only rookie "starter" DB will likely be Jimmie Ward at Nickelback and that's a part-time starting position depending on the opposing offense.

It could be a shoot out.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it's a high scoring game. But we'll still win.

Originally posted by ninerjok:

It could be a shoot out.

We don't have a new FS, his name is Eric Reid and he'll do just fine. The only rookie "starter" DB will likely be Jimmie Ward at Nickelback and that's a part-time starting position depending on the opposing offense.

The start of a 3 safety set
We've owned the s**t out of the Packers, who owned us for a longer period of time, have a better offense and a better defense.

If we play aggressive AND smart, then it will be a victory.

I do give the Cowboys a lot of props for that game against Denver though. We can't take them lightly at all.

It could be a shoot out.

Not too worried. Last year we went a few weeks without Aldon and Willis, and still played very good defense. Skuta and Lemonier showed last year they can rotate in and be effective at OLB. Willis is still the best ILB in the game imo. He will keep things from falling apart in the middle.

We have a new strong safety, but he's a grizzled vet. Bethea knows what he's doing. Not worried about him.

Brock and Culliver as full-time starters is a question mark, but there is reason for optimism. Brock was without question our best cover corner last year. Culliver was our best cover corner in 2012 (sans SB, of course). If these dudes play up to their ability, we've upgraded our CB coverage ability imo.

I've also got a great feeling about Ward playing the slot. He's going to be dynamic.

It could be a shoot out.

any given sunday

with that said, i still like our chances. not worried.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Yeah, we'll win. it will be close... why? Well, because when we're up by a couple of TDs, Harbs / Roman will let go of the gas and allow them to catch up... it's what they do
Share 49ersWebzone