There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Season Opener: 49ers V Cowboys

Dallas D went from 32nd last yr to ....well maybe a bit better this yr. If we happen to get up , say by 2 TDs, I would love to see Okoye put in to bulrush Romo. That would make for interesting theater, and Okoye may be equally matched by Dal D. IO hope Coach does that.
Also would like to see kap throw for 4 , one each to Anquan, crabs, Stevie, and Vernon. A running TD for frank with lead block by Miller, and Miller gets the 6th TD on a bailout pass in the backfield. We win, but that would make it a perfect start for the yr.

Almost forgot. Ward plays nose up on Dez and intercepts one, knocks one up in air and Bethea gets his INT. My thots for a perfect game. OH, and kap goes 17 for 25, 68% completion percentage.
I was watching a Jason Garrett NFLN interview and he basically said, "It's a rebuilding year." So yes, even he's lowering expectations. Our expectations are different. If we fail to beat this team by more than two touchdowns, they'll probably be a mini meltdown on these boards.

We have to dominate. Blaine Gabbert better be mopping up in the fourth quarter.
We're capable of getting a BIG comfortable lead BUTTTTT will JH let the team do that?

In the past he seems to have a tendency to play ball control and try to run the clock down w/long drives.

Then, the other team somehow seems to get back into it and it comes down to a FG to win it.

I'm so hoping that crap of running the clock down doesn't happen until we're 3-4 scores ahead.

Guys like Lemonier, Looney, Gabbert can make huge strides w/more game experience. They'll rarely get it if JH keeps games close.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I was watching a Jason Garrett NFLN interview and he basically said, "It's a rebuilding year." So yes, even he's lowering expectations. Our expectations are different. If we fail to beat this team by more than two touchdowns, they'll probably be a mini meltdown on these boards.

We have to dominate. Blaine Gabbert better be mopping up in the fourth quarter.

Winning is winning. By 1 point or 28. Sometimes the final score is not indicative of how the game was played.

We should win though.
We need to lower the expectations. Everyone knows Week 1 is a huge clusterf**k, anything can happen!
Originally posted by verb1der:
We need to lower the expectations. Everyone knows Week 1 is a huge clusterf**k, anything can happen!

At this point, my expectation is 19-0.
R.I.P. TONY ROMO
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
R.I.P. TONY ROMO

Yeah, Wally, good as Coach is, he sure is missing a bet in getting way up and then letting reserves, some of whom could actually start(Brock anyone), get some playing time. Coach Walsh always did that, thus knowing what he had on the bench. Not JH. Like noted above, he just plays long killing drives. Man I wish he would change that tactic in the future.
Cowboys rookie DE Demarcus Lawrence (34th pick) probably broke his foot. Even as a rookie they were likely giving him significant playing time right away so their already deficient defense will be even more vulnerable in season opener. We should be up 3 scores by the 4th qtr and our defense can just exploit the predictable Romo hurry-up mode and pick off a few.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Cowboys rookie DE Demarcus Lawrence (34th pick) probably broke his foot. Even as a rookie they were likely giving him significant playing time right away so their already deficient defense will be even more vulnerable in season opener. We should be up 3 scores by the 4th qtr and our defense can just exploit the predictable Romo hurry-up mode and pick off a few.

No pass rush plus CBs that don't know how to play zone.

49er offense VS the cowpie's defense.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yeah, Wally, good as Coach is, he sure is missing a bet in getting way up and then letting reserves, some of whom could actually start(Brock anyone), get some playing time. Coach Walsh always did that, thus knowing what he had on the bench. Not JH. Like noted above, he just plays long killing drives. Man I wish he would change that tactic in the future.

Thanks pasodoc9er!

Also, IMO, the more we can run up a score will give starters time to rest and avoid an injury when they don't have to be on the field.
And there is another great reason to give the guys on the bench a some playing time, Wally.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM ]
We are definitely in their heads... every cowboy interview on NFLN has mentioned being ready for the niners... its their championship. Should be a good game if they are as prepared as they think they are.
Dallas vs San Francisco exclusive deal package for tickets meet and greet player's . Both cowboy's and 49ers the day before game. And will have old 49ers at tailgate party. Contact@winnerscircle_dfw.com