There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Season Opener: 49ers V Cowboys

Currently, Vegas has the Niners as 4 to 4.5 point favorites and thinks it's going to be a high-scoring game. The over-under is at about 48 (!). That 48 may be pretty close, but IMO, not because Dallas is going to score a lot of points. The Niners dropped 34 points on the Packers to start last season and the Packers had a much better defense than the Cowboys have.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,189
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree.

Roman's play calling ability is my #1 concern!

If he improves a lot, the whole offense goes from pretty scary to nearly unbeatable (IMHO)

I'm hopefully optimistic.

We'll see pretty soon.

It's all we can do for now.....
Crake, my guess was 54, just based on the two Qbs. Each has all pro receivers, and hardest thing to get right early on is in D backfield if you have new guys. Just a thot... but I don't expect to see anything but points scored out there. If, IF, our DBs are in mid season form, it would be an incredible shot in the arm for us to put up 40 of those...but that is not my prediction. I think it ends up being a close game with lots of mistakes to go around. But we win.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Crake, my guess was 54, just based on the two Qbs. Each has all pro receivers, and hardest thing to get right early on is in D backfield if you have new guys. Just a thot... but I don't expect to see anything but points scored out there. If, IF, our DBs are in mid season form, it would be an incredible shot in the arm for us to put up 40 of those...but that is not my prediction. I think it ends up being a close game with lots of mistakes to go around. But we win.

Hey, all I want is a win. I just think their defense is in even worse shape than it was last year and last year it was #32. They've got injured players on the d-line and they've lost a couple of their best pass rushers. And, when I look at their offense last year and the defenses they played, I can't help but think they're actually over-rated. Something like 12 of the defenses they played against were #25 or lower in the league. The only good defense they played was the Saints and they scored 17 on them. I'm sure there is a good dose of wishful thinking here, but when I look at the Niners first four games this year, I see three patsy defenses out of the four - this might give Kaepernick and the Niner offense a good running start.
And that...would be a REALLY good thing. Just as long as we don't overlook them, we should be fine.
No way they overlook a week 1 opponent.
It happened against GB last yr. It happens.

Thanks for the correction.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 25, 2014 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It happened in GB last yr. It happens.

Not to quote a veteran poster but we play in San Francisco last year.. but I know what your getting at.. Dallas Cowpatties don't have the same offensive weapons that GB had last year. Best Dallas can hope for is we don't humiliate them opening weekend. Although anytime Dallas loses big is great to see...
[ Edited by 49erFF4evr on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFF4evr:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It happened in GB last yr. It happens.

Not to quote a veteran poster but we play in San Francisco last year.. but I know what your getting at.. Dallas Cowpatties don't have the same offensive weapons that GB had last year. Best Dallas can hope for is we don't humiliate them opening weekend. Although anytime Dallas loses big is great to see...

I think Dallas has outstanding offensive personnel. QB OL TE RB Dez Bryant are pretty good but that defense is absolute poo poo. DAL can't score points if Romo is sitting by the Gatorade cooler. Niners should get this game because DAL has absolutely NO game film on our new look 3WR offense with Stevie Johnson in tow. We are gonna walk the field on that defense. And if Aldon Smith plays Romo about to get served
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 25, 2014 at 6:25 AM ]
I hope, I would love to buy a ticket at Cowboys vs 49ers in September 7th. My friends will join with me. They are support a Cowboys but I am a 49ers fans.. Go 49ers!
Anyone have an extra ticket they can spare? I'm willing to pay, but the prices on SH, TM, and NFL TE, or out of control. $250 for nose bleed seats???!!!
I just don't see any of the NFCE teams giving most of the NFCW teams any trouble. For that matter I don't see any of the teams outside of the NFCW giving the Niners trouble, Maybe NOLA and that Candy Ass Brees crying his way for first downs, but I am talking maybe Hagattle on the road, MAYBE Arizona for one game and outside of the possible Saints penalty fest nothing else as the Niners skate through for a 13-3 record.

Dallas? They don't stand a chance, not against this team. Forget the high scoring total, run the crap out of the ball and keep Lamo on the sidelines. They can't score if they don't have the ball and that defense is ripe for being wore down.



I see a better team out running and defending. All indications are Romo will be very good against us, most likely out-passing Kaep. He's played well against out defense before and he's notoriously good in early season games.

Vance MacDonald will play a large role, similar to how Bruce Miller was used last year. Different position, more big play ability, and he's not a liability in pass protection out run blocking. All as a consequence of Vernon Davis' hold out

Primarily we'll see inside running attack with play action passing, a little more shotgun. Probably won't see much QB rushing.

One of the receiving threats (Crab, Boldin, SJ, Vernon) will have a big day, as will our rush attack.

The defense has more to prove in this one. As does the ST: it appears ST is now weakest facet of our team.

We should accumulate a rushing yardage playing from an early lead. Romo will throw a few TDs, and he'll also throw an INT or two. Kaep is significantly better at turnover percentage. And out defense matches or surpasses DB and front 7, respectively).

The game won't be pretty but it will be enough to win.

1-0 going home
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I see a better team out running and defending. All indications are Romo will be very good against us, most likely out-passing Kaep. He's played well against out defense before and he's notoriously good in early season games.

Vance MacDonald will play a large role, similar to how Bruce Miller was used last year. Different position, more big play ability, and he's not a liability in pass protection out run blocking. All as a consequence of Vernon Davis' hold out

Primarily we'll see inside running attack with play action passing, a little more shotgun. Probably won't see much QB rushing.

One of the receiving threats (Crab, Boldin, SJ, Vernon) will have a big day, as will our rush attack.

The defense has more to prove in this one. As does the ST: it appears ST is now weakest facet of our team.

We should accumulate a rushing yardage playing from an early lead. Romo will throw a few TDs, and he'll also throw an INT or two. Kaep is significantly better at turnover percentage. And out defense matches or surpasses DB and front 7, respectively).

The game won't be pretty but it will be enough to win.

1-0 going home

DAL defense is in trouble and Romo better hope Aldon Smith doesn't play!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 29, 2014 at 6:30 AM ]