There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Season Opener: 49ers V Cowboys

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Thanks for the info. Given the fact that Monte Kiffin started 2013 as their D coordinator, hiring his disciple Marinelli seems like a lateral move to me. They really seemed convinced that the Tampa 2 is the way to go, and Marinelli will do a better job. We'll see. I think the problem had more to do with the talent not fitting the scheme. They need a few good drafts before that defense will be any good.

Agreed. It's completely lateral. It just doesn't bring hope to a defense that knows it sucked ass last season. I look at what Rob Ryan did in NO and it supports changing things up when it's so horrible. NO was record breaking horrible and turned it around with a scheme change. Do it just to revitalize a defensive roster's mindset and to fit the key players to the scheme. Stupid cowpies.

edited: I meant Rob Ryan, not Rex
[ Edited by thl408 on Jul 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Agreed. It's completely lateral. It just doesn't bring hope to a defense that knows it sucked ass last season. I look at what Rex Ryan did in NO and it supports changing things up when it's so horrible. NO was record breaking horrible and turned it around with a scheme change. Do it just to revitalize a defensive roster's mindset and to fit the key players to the scheme. Stupid cowpies.

Yup. When the defense is that bad, you have to make sweeping changes, like the Saints did. Jerry gonna Jerry.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The goat was the player who gave up the long pass to that no name WR that put the cowboys at the 1 yard line in OT. Can't remember who it was I think it was Madieu Williams

It Was whitner, he bit hard on that Romo pump fake.
[ Edited by 49ersOnMINE on Jul 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM ]
Giedi, of course I am not saying that Dallas is more talented than we are...that is a joke. Their F.O. are a bunch of tools, thanks to KIng Tool, himself, big Jer, who has independently kept Dallas from returning to the big stage by meddling where he is hopelessly outclassed. His advisors are all yes men, so everybody tells him, "great job, big Jer". Taking a Center which they so badly needed LAST yr was as stroke of genius...except for the fact he was their #1 pick but was rated lower 3rd rd pick by every other NFL team. Nonetheless, they do have a pinpoint QB , who with Dez Bryant can lite up a D Backfield. Not saying we don't have talent, just saying that playing a hotshot Qb with a great WR will pit our very talented youngsters and vets in the DB against top tier competition. And they potentially could lite up a D Backfield that hasn't had a chance to meld yet.

Do I think we win? Yes. But could Romo come in and put up 6 TDs against our still to get acquainted DBs? Yes. On paper we are twice or thrice the team and coach and F.O. that Dallas has. It is just that 1st game of the season their strength is going against our DBs, weakest link in the chain, merely based on the fact that all DBs have to be on the same page...and they may need a few more games to all work in synchrony. Hey, maybe Reid, Ward, Brock, Cully/name your pick... put it all together in TC and PS. But it would be understandable if they are a work in progress for a few games. Starting off against a Qb like Romo will give them a test from the first snap. I think they will be ready...but realize that may be a lot to ask for when each of those 4 guys HAS to know what the other 3 are doing every play. Not as easy as it sounds. I am just sounding a note of caution, and am very certain Coach H is all too aware of this and will do his best to make our guys up to the task.
First preseason game is only two weeks from Thursday and then the regular season opener will be here before you know it when we make the cowgirls cry.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I heard a large pizza goes for around $80 in that stadium (is that true)... is it being delivered straight out of Italy?!!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
HAO MUCH!~

Got 200 level endzone seats with the tailgate party for $395.
On paper they're a soft D.

IMO, our challenge is to score TD's and not FG.

FG let's the other team hang around and get lucky.

Romo is a guy who can make some big plays. I think our front 7 will pressure him into turnovers.

But in the end we need to score TD's and fix out Red Zone and not giv e them [or anyone] breathing room.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Romo is a guy who can make some big plays. I think our front 7 will pressure him into turnovers.

But in the end we need to score TD's and fix out Red Zone and not giv e them [or anyone] breathing room.

This, no doubt!!

We should be able to waste them by at least 2 TDs. However, if Roman (riding coattails of our kicker) tries to make Dawson the MVP in 49ers history, then anything can happen up there
Go Niners..."Beat them Cowboys" into trail dust and cow pie's....
Originally posted by LVJay:

This, no doubt!!

We should be able to waste them by at least 2 TDs. However, if Roman (riding coattails of our kicker) tries to make Dawson the MVP in 49ers history, then anything can happen up there

Agree.

Roman's play calling ability is my #1 concern!
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM ]
I think the cowgirls DC just took a small dump in his pants on learning that VD has returned.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Agree.

If he improves a lot, the whole offense goes from pretty scary to nearly unbeatable (IMHO)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I think the cowgirls DC just took a small dump in his pants on learning that VD has returned.

LOL yeah he prolly did
Originally posted by LVJay:
Agree.

If he improves a lot, the whole offense goes from pretty scary to nearly unbeatable (IMHO)

I'm hopefully optimistic.

We'll see pretty soon.