LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

A very important trait our top 3 WRs share (Crabtree, Boldin, and Lloyd)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Lloyd has had decent speed.

Compared to Joe Staley....

Well, since we're talking about speed, guess you could say the same about Crabtree and Boldin then, huh?
Has anyone considered that the problem many receivers have when they come to this team is related to the fact that this team plays defenses like the Seahawks, Cards and Rams 6 times a year. A guy who has done well in New England and Denver might find it a little tougher to get off the line of scrimmage in this division.
Lloyd

If lloyd is still the #3 when the season starts somthing went terribly wrong with Patton, the draft, and veteran F/A cuts.

Well, since we're talking about speed, guess you could say the same about Crabtree and Boldin then, huh?

Actually, yes, absolutely. For some reason, what Boldin lacks in speed, he more than makes up in brutal strength, heart and desire to not be beat.

Crabtree on the other hand, while he does have some of the best hands in the past 20 years of the NFL, his heart can be questioned and though not the slowest WR, he's definitely no Willie Gault......

Actually, yes, absolutely. For some reason, what Boldin lacks in speed, he more than makes up in brutal strength, heart and desire to not be beat.

Crabtree on the other hand, while he does have some of the best hands in the past 20 years of the NFL, his heart can be questioned and though not the slowest WR, he's definitely no Willie Gault......

Still, we're talking about just speed. And speed only. Lloyd hasn't been a burner but he has HAD GOOD speed. So please shelve your bias before making a sarcastic comparison to Joe Staley. Lloyd has shown good speed a times.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Lloyd

If lloyd is still the #3 when the season starts somthing went terribly wrong with Patton, the draft, and veteran F/A cuts.

Amen Brutha
Lloyd

Or Lloyd had shown he is that improved and has not fallen off from his years as a Patriot and Bronco.

Still, we're talking about just speed. And speed only. Lloyd hasn't been a burner but he has HAD GOOD speed. So please shelve your bias before making a sarcastic comparison to Joe Staley. Lloyd has shown good speed a times.

Actual Sancho, the Staley comment was tongue in cheek, no need for puckered butt cheeks. I have no bias, I believe Lloyd still has some gas in the tank, we shall see. I know I'll be rooting for him, that being said I hope Patton breaks through, if not Patton I hope some how some way Brandin Cooks makes it to the 53 man roster and shines giving us a WR dimension that we haven't had in years.
[ Edited by CWin4949 on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM ]
This is the EXACT reason why I didn't care about the Llyod signing.
To have this slow, old, year removed WR come in and take time away from a developing WR who hopefully plans to be on our team for awhile is idiotic. Unless Patton gets injured, I don't see Llyod even beating our top 4 (assuming we draft a rookie who also beats out Lloyd)
Lloyd

Or Lloyd had shown he is that improved and has not fallen off from his years as a Patriot and Bronco.

Although i wish, it is unlikely he will return to that form. But it is just as likely that Baalke will draft a good WR or pick up a good one via F/A.

Lloyd

Yes. Have to look at things in a positive light. This team is trying to win right now. Patton and or a rookie can always take another year to develop, if we feel Lloyd is the better option for this year. He's only a year removed from a 900+ yard receiving season.

Actual Sancho, the Staley comment was tongue in cheek, no need for puckered butt cheeks. I have no bias, I believe Lloyd still has some gas in the tank, we shall see. I know I'll be rooting for him, that being said I hope Patton breaks through, if not Patton I hope some how some way Brandin Cooks makes it to the 53 man roster and shines giving us a WR dimension that we haven't had in years.

Oh, right. Forgive me as I had thought you were merely a typical newcomer poster with a blatant bias beyond any sort of reasonable doubt.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Yes. Have to look at things in a positive light. This team is trying to win right now. Patton and or a rookie can always take another year to develop, if we feel Lloyd is the better option for this year. He's only a year removed from a 900+ yard receiving season.

Looking at things in a positive light would be hoping that Patton has developed some chemistry with Kaep, not that Llyod is asked to step in because Patton can't perform.

Llyod is only a year removed, but when you are 33 that year isn't helping at all.
Not to mention Llyod ran a 4.63 40...... 11 years ago
Originally posted by Quest4six:
This is the EXACT reason why I didn't care about the Llyod signing.
To have this slow, old, year removed WR come in and take time away from a developing WR who hopefully plans to be on our team for awhile is idiotic. Unless Patton gets injured, I don't see Llyod even beating our top 4 (assuming we draft a rookie who also beats out Lloyd)

It just adds to the competition in training camp. He's not guaranteed anything. He won't be taking time away from a developing player. If Patton or a draft pick can't beat him out, they don't deserve to be on the field.

I just hope Lloyd isn't handed the job based on veteran status, a la Asomugha. He had no business winning the #3 job over Brock. Brock was the best corner on the team last year by a mile.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Looking at things in a positive light would be hoping that Patton has developed some chemistry with Kaep, not that Llyod is asked to step in because Patton can't perform.

Llyod is only a year removed, but when you are 33 that year isn't helping at all.
Not to mention Llyod ran a 4.63 40...... 11 years ago

Looking at things positively if Lloyd just so happens to beat out Patton after the fact. Not talking beforehand here. And Lloyd ran a 4.62 at the combine, but reportedly had the flu. Was timed in the 4.4s at Illinois and plays closer to that speed. He has a knack for getting behind defenders. Isn't a blazer, but has solid game speed.
Share 49ersWebzone