There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best 49ers RB of all-time? Incorporating the Worst Moment in 49ers History thread

Best 49ers RB of all-time? Incorporating the Worst Moment in 49ers History thread

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,120
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by crake49:
oops. Sorry, English. No more about bad memories.

No problem. I was going to rename the thread!

i share equal , if not more, responsibility . but it is fun conversing with people who remember the same things i do in regards to old school niner ball
Originally posted by English:
No problem. I was going to rename the thread!
In that case Craig best RB to fumble in NFCCG
Glenn Coffee
Amos Lawrence!!! (Always remembered for fumbling the first kickoff in the first Super Bowl game...)
Harry Sydney.
Originally posted by no2morrows:
Harry Sydney.

Are you nominating him under the best running back part of this thread or the worst moment in 49ers history part?

And either way I raise you one Dexter Carter.
We sure had some very good RB.

#1 - Frank the Tank

#2 - Roger Craig

#3 - Garrison Hearst

34 - Ricky Waters
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,335
Originally posted by 16to87:
Wendell Tyler, hated him when he was with the rams but loved him when he put on the red and gold But yeah Frank Gore all time best .
You really have to be an old school fan to remember him. Most NFL highlight films always show Tyler as a Ram not a 49er.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,335
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by no2morrows:
Harry Sydney.

Are you nominating him under the best running back part of this thread or the worst moment in 49ers history part?

And either way I raise you one Dexter Carter.
I never understood how you make a 1st round pick out of a 170 pound running back, that one baffles me to this day.
Originally posted by BobS:
You really have to be an old school fan to remember him. Most NFL highlight films always show Tyler as a Ram not a 49er.


Just firing up the ol' Throwback Machine



Best RB: Frank by a country mile, and he still has a bit of distance to add between himself and the pack. 2nd best RB...now THAT's a discussion.



Worst Moment: Leonard Marshall/Joe Montana '90 NFCCG. Likely preventing a 3-peat and prematurely ending an era. Still hurts.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by no2morrows:
Harry Sydney.

Are you nominating him under the best running back part of this thread or the worst moment in 49ers history part?

And either way I raise you one Dexter Carter.
I never understood how you make a 1st round pick out of a 170 pound running back, that one baffles me to this day.

Mystery to me as well!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by no2morrows:
Harry Sydney.

Are you nominating him under the best running back part of this thread or the worst moment in 49ers history part?

And either way I raise you one Dexter Carter.
I never understood how you make a 1st round pick out of a 170 pound running back, that one baffles me to this day.

Mystery to me as well!

You guys remember Eric Metcalf of the Browns? I want to say the 49ers wanted a player like that so that's why they got Carter. Also, Dave Meggett from the Giants. The 49ers were probably going for that scatback kind of player with return abilities.
Frank Gore needs 1,386 yards to move past John Riggins this season to be put on the brink of hitting top 15 rushing leaders of all time. Over or under?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

P.S- I might add... AND needs 2,346 yards to move past Jim Brown as 9th all time on the career rushing leaders list. If he does it in the next two seasons what a remarkable career he would have and would make him a for sure lock to HOF IMO.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Frank Gore needs 1,386 yards to move past John Riggins this season to be put on the brink of hitting top 15 rushing leaders of all time. Over or under?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

P.S- I might add... AND needs 2,346 yards to move past Jim Brown as 9th all time on the career rushing leaders list. If he does it in the next two seasons what a remarkable career he would have and would make him a for sure lock to HOF IMO.

A ring wouldn't hurt. A ring plus moving past Riggins probably locks him in.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,932
Originally posted by Garcia2Owens:
Excited to see if he emerges into a star, the potential is through the roof.