There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why does Baalke seem get a free pass from serious criticism?

There's more to GM'ing than drafting and the OP doesn't even mention it when critiquing Baalke. Incomplete analysis to fit one's own purpose.
Didn't Baalke start as GM in 2011? Harbaugh's first season I'm pretty sure.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 874
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for SaksV.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm am the life of the party always......

Maybe an After-Life party...
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 874
Originally posted by thl408:
There's more to GM'ing than drafting and the OP doesn't even mention it when critiquing Baalke. Incomplete analysis to fit one's own purpose.

This
Originally posted by GEEK:
You are missing an objective opinion.

2010 was a great draft. Bowman may be a future hall of famer because he's playing better than Patrick Willis. Davis and Iupati are top 10 players at the respective positions. And Anthony Dixon was a great role player for us. He wiffed on Mays, but that was a Singletary pick.

Davis and Iupati were Sing "picks" if I remember correctly. He wanted beef up front and got it in one draft.



**Side note**
He was drafting with McDrunks board that year also. The following year was all Trent.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 21, 2014 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
*Kap

Arguing the merits of Kap's play is one thing. But Harbaugh wanted Kap and Baalke wanted Dalton.


thought it was the other way around

Oregon is correct. Trent wanted Dalton.
Originally posted by thl408:
There's more to GM'ing than drafting and the OP doesn't even mention it when critiquing Baalke. Incomplete analysis to fit one's own purpose.

This too. BRB Skuta, Dorsey, Whitner, Boldin....etc...........Baalke sucks.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,625
Originally posted by jreff22:
Davis and Iupati were Sing "picks" if I remember correctly. He wanted beef up front and got it in one draft.

We really do not know who was whose pick.

Baalke was in charge of the 2010 draft.

I would guess that Baalke gets credit and blame for the draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,625
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
*Kap

Arguing the merits of Kap's play is one thing. But Harbaugh wanted Kap and Baalke wanted Dalton.


thought it was the other way around

Oregon is correct. Trent wanted Dalton.

Where is this information, if this can be considered information, coming from?

Anyone have legitimate sources?
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
*Kap

Arguing the merits of Kap's play is one thing. But Harbaugh wanted Kap and Baalke wanted Dalton.


thought it was the other way around

Oregon is correct. Trent wanted Dalton.

Where is this information, if this can be considered information, coming from?

Anyone have legitimate sources?

we all know jim wanted kap, please link us to the sources where trent wanted dalton
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
*Kap

Arguing the merits of Kap's play is one thing. But Harbaugh wanted Kap and Baalke wanted Dalton.


thought it was the other way around

Oregon is correct. Trent wanted Dalton.

Where is this information, if this can be considered information, coming from?

Anyone have legitimate sources?
"Jim fought for drafting Kaepernick,'' Dilfer said. "They could have had [Andy] Dalton [who went 35th to Cincinnati, one spot ahead of where the 49ers traded up to]. Everybody wanted Dalton except him. [49ers general manager Trent] Baalke threw him a bone because it was his first year. Kaepernick was his guy. He went and worked him out, he thought he found him, and he swears to this day the only reason Kaepernick went that high was because of the momentum generated because of him. That's his guy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/27/colin-kaepernick-49ers-super-bowl/index.html#ixzz2zZsvyOQq
Baalke seems to get a free pass from serious criticism because 49er fans in general and webzoners in particular are highly reluctant to criticize.

Oh wait . . .
Originally posted by jreff22:
"Jim fought for drafting Kaepernick,'' Dilfer said. "They could have had [Andy] Dalton [who went 35th to Cincinnati, one spot ahead of where the 49ers traded up to]. Everybody wanted Dalton except him. [49ers general manager Trent] Baalke threw him a bone because it was his first year. Kaepernick was his guy. He went and worked him out, he thought he found him, and he swears to this day the only reason Kaepernick went that high was because of the momentum generated because of him. That's his guy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/11/27/colin-kaepernick-49ers-super-bowl/index.html#ixzz2zZsvyOQq

so according to trent dilfer
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,900
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Davis and Iupati were Sing "picks" if I remember correctly. He wanted beef up front and got it in one draft.

We really do not know who was whose pick.

Baalke was in charge of the 2010 draft.

I would guess that Baalke gets credit and blame for the draft.

I think its pretty well known those were Singletary picks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,156
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't know. Aldon Smith is a disaster and that is regarded as one of his best picks. 2012 was completely lost. Kaep is a running QB with no pocket presense. A great athlete who is tall, big and strong and super fast legs. But he can't make a read to save his life. He has no idea what he is seeing out there. Upside yeah. Rare athletic skills sure. But he is a tad bit overrated on the WZ IMO. There are probably 15 QB's who can get just as far as him in the NFL. This thing is driven by defense, O line, running game. Alex Smith on his same team at the time proved it. He got the NFC Championship. He would have gotten to the Super Bowl if Kyle Williams didn't fumble twice. This ship is not QB driven.

You must be a delight at parties

I'm am the life of the party always......
SD goes to parties to make sure everyone has a bad time