LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

Lattimore's 2014 season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I still can't believe this dude is gone. I keep waiting to hear that he changed his mind.

For real, sucks that it ended the way it did. I remember how pumped the zone was when we took him, then we waited, knowing he'd miss the 2013 season we were hoping he'd be ready for the start this year. Then he went on PUP, then when he started practicing I was sooo excited to see him, part because he had such great potential, part because it would be such an awesome story. Then it ends after just 2 practices.

Unfortunately ON, he's not gonna change his mind, I'm sure he's already put in the claim for that insurance money and is thinking about what's next for his life. We'll never see Marcus Lattimore take a snap as a 49er, that's hard to swallow.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Forget about it, let's move on and draft another RB beast next year. Err, and no more injured picks may I add !!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Forget about it, let's move on and draft another RB beast next year. Err, and no more injured picks may I add !!

Yeah really bummed about that. I was confident science could rebuild him. Unfortunately it was not to be. Hyde is a good substitute, and thank god Gore is still productive. I'm pretty sure we will draft another RB next year now.
at least he didn't pull a Glenn Coffee
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Nov 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yeah really bummed about that. I was confident science could rebuild him. Unfortunately it was not to be. Hyde is a good substitute, and thank god Gore is still productive. I'm pretty sure we will draft another RB next year now.

Yeah, how big was THIS pickup! Borland? M.Martin? Wow...w/o these guys, we'd be screwed!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
still mad at the wasted 4th rounder

dont forget about Hunter!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, how big was THIS pickup! Borland? M.Martin? Wow...w/o these guys, we'd be screwed!

That other RB we picked up in free agency and cut and was signed by the browns looked good too. I wish we could have kept him but we didn't know Lattimore could not recover. It was a good draft by Baalke, and this next draft, if he wanted to trade down and try to amass draft picks like the '86 draft where we didn't have a number 1 pick, I'm OK with that. I think he can make it pay off (specially if we win the Superbowl) We will be losing a ton of good players to free agency in that case and will need the draft picks to replace them.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

dont forget about Hunter!!

yeah, but Kyle, Manningham, and Lattimore show you how nothing is guaranteed. I like Hunter, but I'd be looking for slasher like Lattimore/Gore in the draft next year. With Hunter re-injuring his knee, and Lattimore failing to come back, I think Gore will get a 1 year contract for next year while the front office tries to find another Gore in next years draft to compliment Hyde.
Share 49ersWebzone