There are 260 users in the forums

Lattimore's 2014 season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What's the over/under for rushing yards this season? They have to give him some carries to see if he can be the heir apparent to Gore. With Dixon gone and James on the block, I think it's around the 150 yard mark.
150 yards??? I think he will be closer to the 600 yard mark, but only if there isn't a huge drop off in rb pass protection when he is in. If he can be 75% of what Gore is when it comes to pass protection he will get the majority of touches this year. I expect Lattimore and Gore to share the lion's share of the carries while Hunter gets the remaining carries as the shifty, change of pace running back. If all goes well Lattimore will be the feature back by the end of the regular season and Gore will be able to save his body for our Super Bowl run. That is best case scenario.
Marcus Lattimore: 'I'm ready' to make impact for 49ers - http://t.co/E6gXNTRtRI http://t.co/Ye4e9ICvha
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

Sounds right to me. If he gets more than that, the team will be showing a definite move to implant Frank's replacement. Sorta reminds me of when Gore led the team in yards as a rookie. It was quite clear Barlow's days were numbered.
I don't see him getting lots of carries in the first 2-3 games. BUT each game he'll get more and more touches.

I'm thinking he'll have a few surprisingly BIG days and a few disappointing games.

In the end, 650 yards. PLUS 450 yard receiving.

The man is going to be a weapon and if we get a burner WR and Roman opens it up - the sky's the limit.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't see him getting lots of carries in the first 2-3 games. BUT each game he'll get more and more touches.

I'm thinking he'll have a few surprisingly BIG days and a few disappointing games.

The man is going to be a weapon and if we get a burner WR and Roman opens it up - the sky's the limit.

???

I don't see him being used as a receiver, if Hunter and James can't be utilized, why would Lattimore?
600 yards on 4.5 ypc. I think he will be used sparingly early in the season, will start at least 2 games from a Gore injury or rest, and will eventually take over during the last stretch of the season.
Originally posted by CWin4949:

???

I don't see him being used as a receiver, if Hunter and James can't be utilized, why would Lattimore?

Wishful thinking on my part.

I'm hoping we gat a burner WR and Roman gets creative and swings Lattimore our for some passes.
Originally posted by CWin4949:

???

Wishful thinking on my part.

I'm hoping we gat a burner WR and Roman gets creative and swings Lattimore our for some passes.

Hey I'm all for it, I've been saying this the past two years. Hopefully something changes and we see the swing out used in the offense.

• Disp
  • Veteran
I'd be surprised if he gets more than 300-400. Hunter has been solidly entrenched as the #2 for 3 seasons, and he's averaged barely more than 400. Barring injuries, Lattimore is going to be behind both Gore and Hunter. If they reduce Gore's load at all then I see Hunter picking those extra carries up.
Originally posted by Disp:
I'd be surprised if he gets more than 300-400. Hunter has been solidly entrenched as the #2 for 3 seasons, and he's averaged barely more than 400. Barring injuries, Lattimore is going to be behind both Gore and Hunter. If they reduce Gore's load at all then I see Hunter picking those extra carries up.

Different caliber of RB. If Lattimore is healthy, there's no comparison between him and Hunter. If Gore is indeed wearing down, then expect his carries to be scaled back as well. Lattimore certainly has the opportunity to be very successful.
It will depend on his pass blocking abilities. If he blocks well then he could see extensive time. If not he will see spot duty as a rookie. He might not even suit up for some games. If LMJ is still on the roster and returning kicks we would have him available in case of injury and might only suit up 2 other RB's for a game.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
In the Roman/Harbaugh predictable offense (nowadays everyone, including aliens from outer space know about it)...a predictable offense going on it's 4th season -- he'll get minus 1000 yards!!

If (gotta beg hard and pray hard for this wish/miracle)... A VERY BIG IF HERE... IF Roman/Harbaugh change and quit being stubborn, he can easily get over 350 yds. AND if Hunter or Gore were to miss some time, Lattimore should be able to reach "650" and some!

However, that's the biggest IF in the universe!!
I still can't believe this dude is gone. I keep waiting to hear that he changed his mind.
Share 49ersWebzone