LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

What does Zone think? All options on the table. (CK, Aldon, James, Culliver, etc)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want to hear what others are thinking on our current situation. I am a die hard fan and remember quite vividly the dark decade that we experienced post Steve M. However, I am VERY concerned about our current window shutting abruptly as we hit Cap limits as well as injury and criminal issues with current starters. I am also very aware of what our QB situation looked like before we rehabilitated A Smith and ultimately inserted CK as the started.

That being said I am not so impressed with CK that I am willing to pay him in excess of the 18M/Yr that he is currently scoffing at. If we pay him anything over 18M/Yr he would be above all but 4 QB in the league. I don't think he has proven to posses the complete toolset to demand/deserve that type of stature. I am torn on him because he does seem to "just" win but it is not always by delivering a stellar QB experience (Passing %/#'s). This type of financial commitment will likely render us in the same boat as the Ravens post Flacco contract. (Cutting great players due to payroll)

Given the above, the current issues with Aldon, Culliver, desire to trade LMJ, long recovery for Bowman, pending FA of Iupati, Crabtree and the dearth or draft picks we have this year; I am wondering if we are best served in the long run to accelerate a min-rebuilding program this year?

This would/could basically include:
  • Finding a trade partner for CK (Browns? 1st, 2nd and next years 1st or 2nd?) - Can we get that for him?
  • Drafting 2 QB's this year 1/3-4 round (Manziel/Murray/Garrapollo?) or waiting until next year and using pick
  • Trading Aldon (Any value)?
  • LMJ - probably have to cut
  • Trade/cut Culliver (Any value? Leverage additional CK pick to draft CB)
  • Use additional pick next year for WR to replace Crab as FA

Normally I would say absolutely not to CK trade, but JH is NOT MS. I have faith that he can develop talent and be successful.

Am I being crazy? Should we just leave CK and franchise him in 2016 to save time? Are there other options?

What does the zone think? (This is to open dialogue on options, I don't want it to turn into a bash CK/I still miss A Smith thread!!)
Are you serious? Trade our best two players and start a rebuild? No, I don't think you are serious.
I AM actually serious. CK I get it, best QB we have had in awhile but his demands are high and doesn't seem to care about the effect his salary demands will have on the team around him. I am not at all worried about his Miami "heat", I think it's bogus. Due to the fact he is so good he has tremendous value on the market. Unfortunately I am serious Aldon, love the guy on the field but don't see anyway to keep him without looking like a classless organization? (See Charles Haley)
Originally posted by rolinfam5:
I AM actually serious. CK I get it, best QB we have had in awhile but his demands are high and doesn't seem to care about the effect his salary demands will have on the team around him. I am not at all worried about his Miami "heat", I think it's bogus. Due to the fact he is so good he has tremendous value on the market. Unfortunately I am serious Aldon, love the guy on the field but don't see anyway to keep him without looking like a classless organization? (See Charles Haley)

So, regarding Smith, we let him go and watch approximately 30 teams fight to get him. Yup, Charles Haley all right.

Regarding Kaepernick, are you familiar with how long it takes to bring most qb's from college level to NFL level? Kaepernick is probably still a year off hitting it. And you want to trade him and start again?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
are there not multiple threads to deal with these multiple issues and incidents? kind of sad there are.. i also stopped reading at the infamous phrase that has been around for over two years "the window is shut" good god,, i have to give english credit for trying to respond to this post as i just do not have the energy today for it and you do not f**king rebuild unless you have two or three or four s**tty years in a row,, and who the hell would you bring in to replace ck if you choose not to sign him( yes i know you said draft two rookies but the question remains) and why the hell am i even wasting my time here. in short you answered your own question,, yes you are crazy
Share 49ersWebzone