There are 158 users in the forums

How strongly do you judge 49er management when it comes to handling of problem players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How strongly do you judge 49er management when it comes to handling of problem players?

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/report-49ers-halt-negotiations-with-kaepernick-amid-police-investigation

WTF is going on with this sh&*^t, I thought this was dissolving and going away.....
18 mil a year for the guy leading the 30th ranked passing offense?
Originally posted by BobS:
http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/report-49ers-halt-negotiations-with-kaepernick-amid-police-investigation

WTF is going on with this sh&*^t, I thought this was dissolving and going away.....

Yeah you're right, time to sign back JT O'Sullivan, Tim Rattay, Shaun Hill maybe, those guys were much better in the playoffs.......

I mean yeah, there's TONS of QBs walking into the league in their first couple of years breaking playoff game records while posting winning road records.

Tune into the games some time...

Yeah you're right, time to sign back JT O'Sullivan, Tim Rattay, Shaun Hill maybe, those guys were much better in the playoffs.......

I mean yeah, there's TONS of QBs walking into the league in their first couple of years breaking playoff game records while posting winning road records.

Now are we ranking yards or points scored per game? Which really matters? BTW no QB is worth more than ten percent of payroll. Also our QB scored more points vs SEA than Peyton in SEA!! Yards or points. We were number 11 in points scored. Take your pick!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 19, 2014 at 6:25 AM ]
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
Humans make mistakes and you should always stay with one who are tumbling.
Hilarious that people cry for a franchise QB for years, then get one and cry because the franchise have to pay him......
So far they have done well by their players and have acted with thoughtful concern--first for the team and secondly for the players. They have brought in some "troubled" players who have turned around their lives--Boone being the best example. They have a couple of young guys who are troubled--Aldon Smith and Culliver. Are these guys murdering or raping? No, they have been drinking and doing stupid things while drinking...not sure Culliver needs to be drunk to do stupid things. These actions do not rise to a level of other teams who were in trouble--NE with an alleged murderer as a team leader.

Kaepernick was in a suite of rooms where a naked, drunk woman had to be taken to a hospital. Terrible timing, but without more facts this is just not a serious issue...yet. If it becomes a police matter or a recurring issue of bad judgement then there will be a huge decision for the team to make. I'm not going to judge the woman or Kaepernick/Patton until more is known. We may never know much more.

So what would some of you have them do? Cut any player who has a negative story written about them? They are young super stars with intense scrutiny lasered in on them...not many of us can relate to that. By not over reacting the 9ers are setting a mature and level headed standard that will help players and make it difficult for players to blame them in the future if they decide to take stronger action.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 19, 2014 at 8:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Now are we ranking yards or points scored per game? Which really matters? BTW no QB is worth more than ten percent of payroll. Also our QB scored more points vs SEA than Peyton in SEA!! Yards or points. We were number 11 in points scored. Take your pick!

Our defense and special teams scored a lot more than average. Also, the d and special teams set up a lot short drives. Also, we hired mr perfect, Phil Dawson, to compensate for mr hitormiss, our oc grim haroman.
A professional organization that employs adult men do not have a responsibility to make sure they don't get in trouble IMO. They pay these guys millions of dollars for a dream job that millions of people would give anything to have. I think the 49ers manage difficult situations well and support their players and that's all that can really be done. They can't police these guys 24/7
I will not vote due to lack of vote options.
Originally posted by Constantine:

Let me guess...only God can judge, right?

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Constantine:

Let me guess...only God can judge, right?

LOL
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Fire errrryone!
Hire errrrrybody!!

Defense + O Line +Running game.

We had 2 different QB's make the NFC Championship game and would have had 2 make the Super Bowl in the last 3 years if not for Kyle Williams fumbles. This thing is not QB driven. We are a good overall team. You could plug 15 QB's in to this and get the same results.
First off,idk wtf is so heinous about dogfighting??Rae Carruth type s**t is heinous.0 f**ks givin bout dog fighting.....I dont want a bunch a choir boys,where did all that high character s**t get us under Nolan and Sing??

To the point,i dont judge anyone.Im not in their shoes, i dont have all the facts and Im not privy to the info they have.All I can do is have an opinion from the outside looking in.What would I do if I were in their shoes??IDK.

Deep down,I want a winning team and I want to be entertained.I know man is falable,so I dont expect perfection from athletes or a FO.This higher standard because their pro's stuff is bs to me.Their still people when all is said n done.

So in short,I could give a f**k,just put a good product on the field,keep the bs to a minimum,n just win baby.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Apr 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM ]
  • jlo23
  • Veteran
Let me start off by saying i do not condone their behaviors. Just because players get arrested, doesn't mean the charges are going to stick...Kilgore was arrested while walking home drunk and charges were eventually droppd. Culliver was arrested for hit and run (misdemeanor) and possession of brass knuckles(misdemeanor/Felony), just depends. He will probably only get charged with only the misdemeanor section of hit and run (traffic collision). Aldon, if anything will probably get charged with disturbing the peace, although he was probably drunk. The incident involving Kap is a BIG NOTHING.

These guys should be fined, suspended, but not necessarily cut. I think the reason why management hasn't done anything is because they are waiting for the end result. Aldon may not be around much anyway this year, due to the fact that the NFL will probably suspend him. If we would have won the Superbowl last year or the year before, maybe management would have done something to these players.
Share 49ersWebzone