LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Despite the drama, 49ers will be just fine in 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
All sounds good on paper but I'm not 100% in on Kaep yet. Even though he is most likely innocent, he can't put himself in these situations as the face of this franchise. You don't see this from Rodgers, Manning, Brady, or Brees do you? I'm so glad we haven't signed him to an extension yet so this makes him earn it more. He is still learning and getting better and needs to "get over the hump" with his vision and progressions of throwing the ball.

I honestly believe this is a make of break year for Jim in terms of getting his guys back on track and focused from all the off field issues. If we don't make the playoffs and end on bad notes, I'm not so sure we extend him until after next season. It's so hard to repeat the success he's had from Years 1-3 and he will be given a benefit of the doubt but this fan base demands a SB NOW, and I hope we aren't the Bills/Eagles to always get so close, but never win with this core group of guys, mainly Frank/Justin/Patrick.

Here's to a good and healthy season!!!!
make or break is such a tired catch phrase. are you telling me that if we fail to make the playoffs or lose in the first round we will cut JH loose? I do not believe that. after three great years you do not fire someone cuz they had a bad year. we do not even know what factors make up this alleged bad year we are talking about. i do not think the entire fan base is how you paint them. sure a super bowl would be nice but nowadays with the way players change teams, a winning team, always being in the hunt for a divisional crown and making deep runs in the playoffs is about the best you can ask for. this is not the niner thinking of 30 years ago where every year was super bowl or bust. that is unrealistic thinking in this day and age in my opinion. with the way this team is built there will be another group down the road to replace the ones you mentioned and will continue to have success. make or break, the window is closing,, its all silly. after the first year, people said we were a one season wonder. ok after the second year they said teams always suck the next year after making it to the super bowl. ok as you can see we just continue to do well despite what some people "think" is going to happen to us and I foresee that to continue this coming year

I'm not saying that Jim will be gone we don't make the playoffs this year. I'm saying that he needs to get his players under more control because that's a part of his job. Now, that's easier said than done because he can't control what they do off the field, but at the same time, he does have major influence over them in their lives. All I was referring to was that I think ownership may take a harder look to see if Jim is the long, long term answer for this franchise, including Kaep. I saw a headline a little while back that was something like "Is Jim losing the locker room?" I definitely think there are internal issues that have not yet been brought to the surface and that's why I don't think it's automatic that we extend Jim yet. Too many factors and unknowns right now for this organization going into the 2014 season.

No way do I feel we "suck" or will "suck" this year. I saw this coming early in 2011 that Jim is a special coach and the talent was there. The players just needed different motivation and coaching to put it all together.

I'm a numbers guy and by the odds, it's going to be VERY tough to get back to that NFC Title game in 2014. If anyone can do it, it's us!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Apr 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Beezy33:
I'm not saying that Jim will be gone we don't make the playoffs this year. I'm saying that he needs to get his players under more control because that's a part of his job. Now, that's easier said than done because he can't control what they do off the field, but at the same time, he does have major influence over them in their lives. All I was referring to was that I think ownership may take a harder look to see if Jim is the long, long term answer for this franchise, including Kaep. I saw a headline a little while back that was something like "Is Jim losing the locker room?" I definitely think there are internal issues that have not yet been brought to the surface and that's why I don't think it's automatic that we extend Jim yet. Too many factors and unknowns right now for this organization going into the 2014 season.

No way do I feel we "suck" or will "suck" this year. I saw this coming early in 2011 that Jim is a special coach and the talent was there. The players just needed different motivation and coaching to put it all together.

I'm a numbers guy and by the odds, it's going to be VERY tough to get back to that NFC Title game in 2014. If anyone can do it, it's us!

seeing as the next nfc title game is in 2015, i'm not really concerned with whether they make it back there in 2014
Originally posted by crabman82:
seeing as the next nfc title game is in 2015, i'm not really concerned with whether they make it back there in 2014

You got meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
The problem with Aldon goes beyond this stupid latest arrest. By itself it is not as big a deal as it seems. The problem is with all the stuff in his resume of screw ups he still hasn't learned yet that it's time to start behaving like you have a functioning brain. If all the arrests, rehab and missing all those games last year were not a wake up call what the hell will ever be? What is it going to take?

He is starting to look like a lost cause. I hope not but I wouldn't bet on it.

Aldon = LT... Super talented and total nut jobs
it also may be fueled by his battle with alcohol. he could be headed back to rehab along with everything else. i think the niners are preparing like he will not be here to start the season and maybe are acting like he will not be here in 2015. that is a smart way to go. unlike previous regimes, I think this regime has a back up plan to aldon already in place. it will probably involve the draft this year and of course the guys we already have like the lemon man. I know how important he is and how big of a deal this is but i really do not get worked up over it because we can not control it and actually i think it has gotten to a point where the niners can not control it. that is all on aldon and the decisions he makes,, not the fault of airport security, agents, the cops, the moonies, president bush etc etc. life is matter of choices boys and aldon makes the wrong choices and I think the niners are saying uncle. the niners are in a no win, they will get ripped for keeping him this year, and if they get rid of him next year, whoever gets him will get high words of praise for giving him a second chance

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers go DL or pass rusher with our 1st pick. Hopefully Lemonier can make big strides this year as well. It disgusts me to see people who are given so much (in his case god given talent) and have the golden ring handed to them on a silver platter and just piss it away. When so many others have to struggle to get by he has it all and has no appreciation for it.
I am starting to get the feeling that I had in the early 80s. That feeling of knowing that we will be pleased on Sunday nearly every week. That come playoff time, the Niners will be a threat whether they are home or away.

Nothing has happened in the offseason leading me to believe that the Niners are going to regress. I see a potential opportunity of young players to get their chance and stepping up their game. That will solidify the success the team has enjoyed in making it to the NFCC the last 3 years.

I see the Hags, Packers and Saints as the Cowboys, Skins and Bears of the 80s. Get by them and number 6 is a formality. It is that simple and as long as the Niners keep the pressure on and play tough football they will eventually break through again. They didn't go to the Super Bowl every year in the 80s, but they were always in the m8x and a threat. Today's team reminds me of that time and winning trumps all drama. I don�€™t see number 6, in the next 5 years I see 6 and 7. Leaving no doubt about who the strongest franchise is, but number 6 makes all the drama of the offseason disappear.
[ Edited by Rathmanator on Apr 19, 2014 at 12:07 AM ]
I love threads like this.

Don't worry son, the wheels aren't coming off. They didn't yesterday, therefor they won't today.

Please Mr OP, may I have another helping of optimism?

I agree. We will be fine. As long as our offense moves from #30 in the league to about #15. Is that asking for the world?

No. it is not. Then I think we will be favored to get to the NFCC.

Otherwise who knows. We came within one game of not making the playoffs, too.

But hey, we will be fine we will be fine we will be fine we will be fine we will be fine we will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be fine....

Just keep saying that.

[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Apr 19, 2014 at 3:29 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I love threads like this.

Don't worry son, the wheels aren't coming off. They didn't yesterday, therefor they won't today.

Please Mr OP, may I have another helping of optimism?

I agree. We will be fine. As long as our offense moves from #30 in the league to about #15. Is that asking for the world?

No. it is not. Then I think we will be favored to get to the NFCC.

Otherwise who knows. We came within one game of not making the playoffs, too.

But hey, we will be fine we will be fine we will be fine we will be fine we will be fine we will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be finewe will be fine....

Just keep saying that.

I meant to this quote
Fear is what keeps us aware and in tuned with our surroundings. With far, Any slightest set back or anything offset in our lives gets the fullest attention until the correction is fixed so we can move on to protections. I hope that The Niners run the same philosophy within themselves as individuals and if not at least teach it. These setbacks with our players getting in trouble with the law are a real problems and need to dealt with. Now im not saying that each situation needs to be handled with aggression... but each situation needs to be handled because like last year they are reappearing. These off the field problems have been shown by other players around the league threw out time what will happen if you act this way. In a since it needs to be taught again... im not talking about a simple meeting or two with an hour lecture but I mean a full out campaign with Movies, testimonies and documents to wake up the squad to realization of this situations. Wake players up that you can ruin your career in the NFL because of one bad choice. Let them know that money cant save you... That greed, alcohol and any unhealthy life style including thought patterns, can ruin everything. I know that the biggest problem with people today is the way we think... for how think is who we are... or out of the mouth is the heart.
Vegas still has the Niners at second or third best odds to win the next Super Bowl. That's reason for some level of optimism. They know what they 're doing.

Share 49ersWebzone