LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Do You Think Looney Can Fill LG?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is this years interior ol draft class considered to be weak?
Originally posted by Allx9er:

It seems kind of weak to me. I don't really like any of the Center prospects. Some interesting guys at guard, but nobody I've been able to look at and say they're a plug-and-play starter for the next 10 years.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It seems kind of weak to me. I don't really like any of the Center prospects. Some interesting guys at guard, but nobody I've been able to look at and say they're a plug-and-play starter for the next 10 years.

Well, in my ( I don't know sh*t) opinion can't that add to iupati's potential trade value.
Well, in my ( I don't know sh*t) opinion can't that add to iupati's potential trade value.

Doubt it. Trades involving guards are rare. I can't even remember one.

It's worth holding onto Iupati, even if he's likely to leave after this season. He's a very good player that can help us win the SB. We're right on the doorstep of winning one. Now is not the time to trade an all-pro.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

C Trai Turner LSU - played guard at college but I think could be dominant at Center.

G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif McGill - still raw but VERY talented, athletic and powerful.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Joe Looney would be better off at Center instead of Guard I think.

I think he will compete there with Kilgore this year...he's been trained at all 3 interior positions so that is very valuable. Imagine him and Boone and Iupati together inside. That's a lot of nastiness/attitude/beef.

This. I like Looney best at Center. I would also throw Ryan Seymour into the discussion. He is also able to play LG / RG + Center.

You're on fire today with all the under-the-radar players! Well done, sir, well done!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Joe Looney would be better off at Center instead of Guard I think.

I think he will compete there with Kilgore this year...he's been trained at all 3 interior positions so that is very valuable. Imagine him and Boone and Iupati together inside. That's a lot of nastiness/attitude/beef.

This. I like Looney best at Center. I would also throw Ryan Seymour into the discussion. He is also able to play LG / RG + Center.

You're on fire today with all the under-the-radar players! Well done, sir, well done!

Marcus Martin
Originally posted by susweel:
no he sucks.

next question

Then why did we keep him... is he a decent 2nd stringer.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Yes, I think Looney can take over at LG should we let Iupati walk.

I think we should let Iupati walk, maybe Aldon too, and use the money to extend Kapernick and Crabtree.

No. You do not let a great pass rusher walk.

Share 49ersWebzone