Originally posted by sfout:
In before the gif of Lloyd ducking the pass

Originally posted by Jcool:

Perfect timing.

No pun intended
In before someone says 'Championship!'

Oh, wait...
Originally posted by 49erDawgFan:
What does this move say about Patton's job security? I don't see him making the team because he can't play special teams.

Um, no. How many receivers do you imagine we are taking into the season? And why should Patton be at risk?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I'm ok with it. He was really good just a couple years ago. More competition the better. If anything it pushes Patton and Baldwin to be better!

Patton and baldwin cant be pushed any harder sitting behind Crabs and Boldin.....brandon lloyd?!?! lololol

It's a battle for the third wide receiver position. The more competition the better. Just had over 900 yards in 2012 on the Pats.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am officially sick to my stomach. what do i always say.. he is a niner so i support him (gulp),, he better damn well get beat out by two rookies. 33, out of the nfl, can not do special teams, locker room cancer, unable unwilling to go over the middle and block downfield.. may as well lather myself with baby oil and toss myself over the walls of san quentin
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am officially sick to my stomach. what do i always say.. he is a niner so i support him (gulp),, he better damn well get beat out by two rookies. 33, out of the nfl, can not do special teams, locker room cancer, unable unwilling to go over the middle and block downfield.. may as well lather myself with baby oil and toss myself over the walls of san quentin

Other than that, how do you feel about the Brandon Lloyd signing?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
WTF THIS s**t BETTER BE SOME BELATED APRIL FOOLS JOKE

i just can not understand number one why they did this, number two why him, and number three, why not wait till after the draft. i just , i just
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

lol "sick to your stomach" a bit melodramatic are we?
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
now this is a dumb move.

I'm going to guess that this is somewhat of a reaction to what happened last year when Crabtree went down in May and Jenkins didn't make the leap forward the 49ers had hoped for, which left them with Boldin, a rookie in Patton (who got hurt himself) and not much else at WR. Its a 1 year deal and likely at little to no risk. I don't see how its dumb. If anything, they're leaving no stone unturned to try to ensure there is sufficient depth in the event of another lengthy injury (or two) at the WR position.
The thought of him catching long bombs from Kaep kinda makes me tingly below the belt. I like the signing but I still really want Brandin Cooks or Mike Evans.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erDawgFan:
What does this move say about Patton's job security? I don't see him making the team because he can't play special teams.

my god,, miss lloyd will not beat out patton.. if she does,, well then i just do not know
  • dmax
  • Veteran
AWW F%$^

That's the one thing I don't really get about the signing. With all of these off the field issues we've been having, why do we go and bring in a guy that hasn't exactly been known for being the best teammate.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I'm ok with it. He was really good just a couple years ago. More competition the better. If anything it pushes Patton and Baldwin to be better!

I'm okay with it as well, assuming that it's a low risk 1-year contract.

Granted that none of our offseason signings are world-beaters, they give us better leverage to draft best-player-available since we have decent veteran options at safety (i.e., Bethea), cornerback (i.e., Cook), and WR (i.e., Lloyd) -- Bethea being the most solid signing, of course.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Existence:

Other than that, how do you feel about the Brandon Lloyd signing?

i would feel better if i just slid down a razor blade
Share 49ersWebzone