LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 192 users in the forums

Jed York, time to show up

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/14/pft-its-time-for-jed-york-to-step-up/

I feel like this video speaks volumes for our franchise.

With the recent negative press our franchise has been getting, Jed York needs to step up and address the current situations at hand.
As the owner of this franchise, now is the time!

Looked for a thread, didn't see on relevant,
Time to be a big boy Jed.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I do not think that a video from PFT of Ray Ratto voicing his opinion speaks volumes for the franchise.
he has stepped up plenty, the reality of the situation is that we have some very talented players who make some very questionable decisions. all we're going to get is generic rhetoric about how we're working with the players and how the team is disappointed and what not.
To be a fly on the wall for some of his phone calls
Originally posted by buck:
I do not think that a video from PFT of Ray Ratto voicing his opinion speaks volumes for the franchise.

I probably should re-word that

I meant more along the lines of,
"if Jed York steps up and does SOMETHING, it will speak volumes about our franchise"

Maybe its all internal, as Harbs and York typically like to stay out of the media spotlight (unfortunately that isn't happening this offseason)
I don't know, maybe its just wishful thinking but I would like to think he is up to something in terms of our franchise's PR
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

^
Quality post
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I probably should re-word that

I meant more along the lines of,
"if Jed York steps up and does SOMETHING, it will speak volumes about our franchise"

Maybe its all internal, as Harbs and York typically like to stay out of the media spotlight (unfortunately that isn't happening this offseason)
I don't know, maybe its just wishful thinking but I would like to think he is up to something in terms of our franchise's PR

I agree, I mentioned it in another thread, I think Jed can make a good impact by rallying the guys. It should be done privately though.
quality thread

Ahhh nice.
Yet here we are posting in my thread.

Do you understand the concept of irony?

I watched the video, agreed with some of the points made... Posted it on here to see what others thought.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
quality thread

Ahhh nice.
Yet here we are posting in my thread.

Do you understand the concept of irony?

I watched the video, agreed with some of the points made... Posted it on here to see what others thought.

Nice indeed. here we are talking about my post, instead of your thread. Irony indeed.

......anyhow I disagree. The owner has hired folk to handle these issues (unless you are the cowboys or Dallas mavericks)

You guys are more interesting than Ray Rat
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Jed will have something to say behind closed doors, no doubt...

BTW, do you think Oakland fans are jealous? After all, Raiders have been choir boys as of late compared to our bad boys

• Antix
  • Veteran
I don't think Jed needs to say anything publicly. I don't know if thats what the talking heads are suggesting because I didnt watch the video, but if you look at what's gone down...

1. Kap's situation seems to be more a case of the media jumping the gun than anything. Honestly, ESPN, TMZ et al are more to blame there than Kap it seems

2. Aldon Smith's situation is bad mainly b/c of the timing and the fact it's Smith. If it was an isolated event by another player it wouldn't be a huge deal. Even this seems to be a case of Smith being a dummy (which he is, there is no doubt) more than any criminal activity. He's just not that smart.

3. Culliver's brass knuckling hit and run rage is the worst of it all, but now nobody cares about it. It might get blown up with the media if anything goes down further as far as convictions or what not because of our image now, but honestly this is the only really bad thing to happen to a player for us. I know there's Kilgore, but once again, nobody cares. what, he was walking drunk in public? Whatever...

I say all that to say the main thing Jed needs to do is make sure this s**t doesn't happen anymore this offseason. Once upon a time I wouldn't think that'd be too hard, but the media will pounce on any bit of meat we give them and they will pounce HARD. This needs to be handled internally. Each player needs to get a phone call and be told to watch the f**k out and be extra careful. If we have no more incidents the rest of the offseason and Kaps and Smith's s**t blows over, we'll be fine. Use this as motivation to win it all next year.
  • buck
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/14/pft-its-time-for-jed-york-to-step-up/

Jed York needs to step up and address the current situations at hand.

Time to be a big boy Jed.

We you say step up and address are you suggesting that he should speak publically to or through the press.

I think that PFT and Ray Ratto would love that.

Your time to be a big boy comment just seems gratuitous and insulting.

Jed York has done pretty well since he took over the franchise.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
so someone wrote an article...
then someone made a webzone thread for it....
made the thread title appear to be an original thought...
only to just be a copy past hack job?

awesome. thank you for forwarding the email that was already forwarded.

now i don't have to read those pesky articles on the side of the home page anymore.
Jed needs a savvy, ruthless consigliere ala Carmen Policy for Eddie D.....yup, you guessed it

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
HaHa.....NOLAN....NOF'NAROUND
Share 49ersWebzone