There are 212 users in the forums

Character assassination of Colin Kaepernick by ESPN?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Constantine:
The ego is now comig out of our players...
For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft,murder, adultery, Mark 7: 21

Isn't that from some fairy tale or something
For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft,murder, adultery, Mark 7: 21

You can leave.
I don't see the motivation. Why do they bother with that garbage? They take every chance they can at harshing out Niner players. All CK has done is go to the Super Bowl and two NFCC games as a starter. He hasn't had any issues with the law, but the first hint of trouble gets exploited like Hernandez. Aldon didn't help things, neither did Cully, but when the crap goes down, none of this stuff will amount to much outside of maybe Aldon for his combined problems. I hope that they take this as motivation, that they all get straight and kick the crap out of everyone in their way. Winning has a way of repairing things like this and erasing the media garbage.

WTH??? Um... yeah... OK
  • mod
  • Veteran
Honestly, if you think its appropriate to wear that kind of attire at a press conference "because there's nothing wrong with it" then why do you guys all of a sudden have a problem with him being portrayed in street clothes when s**t hits the fan?

I never had a problem with him wearing street clothes and I don't have a problem with ESPN posting a picture of him now in street clothes.
I don't have any tattoos, my Dad did, who cares.. As time goes on the legendary Al Davis said it all, "Just Win Baby".
Originally posted by mod:
Honestly, if you think its appropriate to wear that kind of attire at a press conference "because there's nothing wrong with it" then why do you guys all of a sudden have a problem with him being portrayed in street clothes when s**t hits the fan?

I never had a problem with him wearing street clothes and I don't have a problem with ESPN posting a picture of him now in street clothes.

No, I think people have a problem that they are not showing the standard team photo, which has always been standard practice. It seems to some that they are trying to passively inflame ideas that he is a hoodlum to those who associate such attire with bad behavior. Using that type of photo is just not common practice, and was absolutely chosen for a reason.
Yes it was subliminal messaging. There is the standard team photo taken for media distribution yet ESPN opted for the B Boy look at this point in time suspiciously. Seems their intent was rather obvious and it lacked taste to say the least
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

WTH??? Um... yeah... OK

This Mark dude has to work on his conditioning. He works 7 days a week, but only makes it for 21 hours a day.

Not bad, but he has to do better.
I don't see the motivation. Why do they bother with that garbage? They take every chance they can at harshing out Niner players. All CK has done is go to the Super Bowl and two NFCC games as a starter. He hasn't had any issues with the law, but the first hint of trouble gets exploited like Hernandez. Aldon didn't help things, neither did Cully, but when the crap goes down, none of this stuff will amount to much outside of maybe Aldon for his combined problems. I hope that they take this as motivation, that they all get straight and kick the crap out of everyone in their way. Winning has a way of repairing things like this and erasing the media garbage.

Actually Aldon and Culliver are very similar criminals.
They are both guilty of the crime of telling jokes to the wrong people at the wrong time, and they both owned weapons that were slightly the wrong shape / size compared to a legal weapon.

God knows what other horrific jokes they will tell? A joke about tranies? Midgets? Midget tranies? Let's hope not.
God knows what other slightly illegal pieces of metal they will own? A knife a half-inch too long? Nunchucks? A firearm with a magazine one round too big? Oh please don't do it. What example are they setting for the children of the world?

If either of them are ever caught with nunchucks, I hope they rot in jail and throw away the key.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Actually Aldon and Culliver are very similar criminals.
They are both guilty of the crime of telling jokes to the wrong people at the wrong time, and they both owned weapons that were slightly the wrong shape / size compared to a legal weapon.

God knows what other horrific jokes they will tell? A joke about tranies? Midgets? Midget tranies? Let's hope not.
God knows what other slightly illegal pieces of metal they will own? A knife a half-inch too long? Nunchucks? A firearm with a magazine one round too big? Oh please don't do it. What example are they setting for the children of the world?

If either of them are ever caught with nunchucks, I hope they rot in jail and throw away the key.

Dude, you are hammering these threads with sarcastic posts that seem to imply that these incidents are not serious. Do you really feel that way? Comparisons to other players transgressions mean nothing in these two guys case. All of the things that every one of them did are bad ... just a matter of degrees. So lets review ...

Smith was so drunk that he plowed his car into a tree at 5am. It was still running and he was passed out when they found him. This isn't serious? He easily could have killed himself and others, and is damn lucky it ended as it did. Would you still feel the same if a drunk and blacked out Aldon killed someone you knew, or a family member? The TSA thing is a joke, but adds to his less than stellar reputation ... and calls into question his intelligence. And other than shooting it at the party, the gun thing seems like BS too. But what you are calling just a "DUI" is some serious and disturbing stuff.

Culliver was part of a hit and run. And then tried to threaten the guy that was tracking him. Questionable character and bad judgement doesn't even start to cover it. The Artie Lange baited comment is crap. You should be smarter than to let someone lead you there, but he is not proving to not be the sharpest tool. That said, free speech so let it go. But this last incident is trouble ... and it should be.

Is anyone that surprised with ESPN? They fill the air with OPINION based media coverage more than the news. Look at when the story first broke. I went to ESPN and the first thing I saw was "TMZ is reporting Collin Kaepernick....." Right there should have been the first red flag. The fact that they are using TMZ for their source and not doing any investigating journalism is a joke. Its about how many hits their site can get. The cable station is filled with so called anchors given us s**tty opinions for an hour at a time. It's all gone down hill.

Does it not also say, somewhere else in that book of yours: "judge not, lest ye be judged."?

Any further biblical quotes in the Parking Lot or preferably, whispered under your breath but not posted.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Dude, you are hammering these threads with sarcastic posts that seem to imply that these incidents are not serious. Do you really feel that way? Comparisons to other players transgressions mean nothing in these two guys case. All of the things that every one of them did are bad ... just a matter of degrees. So lets review ...

Smith was so drunk that he plowed his car into a tree at 5am. It was still running and he was passed out when they found him. This isn't serious? He easily could have killed himself and others, and is damn lucky it ended as it did. Would you still feel the same if a drunk and blacked out Aldon killed someone you knew, or a family member? The TSA thing is a joke, but adds to his less than stellar reputation ... and calls into question his intelligence. And other than shooting it at the party, the gun thing seems like BS too. But what you are calling just a "DUI" is some serious and disturbing stuff.

Culliver was part of a hit and run. And then tried to threaten the guy that was tracking him. Questionable character and bad judgement doesn't even start to cover it. The Artie Lange baited comment is crap. You should be smarter than to let someone lead you there, but he is not proving to not be the sharpest tool. That said, free speech so let it go. But this last incident is trouble ... and it should be.

It is obviously dangerous to pass out in a moving vehicle, but I doubt that had ever happened to him before, and I don't think he thought it was even a possibility.

The question is the intent, as well as the hazard. Aldon stepped into a car and thought he could drive a few blocks to his house. It was only a few blocks. No stop lights, few intersections, no traffic, no pedestrians. I know that area, it is hilly, but there are no kids playing on the street at 5am. There is NOBODY walking around at that time. So yes, passing out while driving a vehicle is extremely dangerous, but this is about comparisons. Leonard Little for example, not only drove drunk, but he was going far over the speed limit on a major expressway. Now THAT is dangerous, and far more reckless.

Take 100 people driving recklessly while drunk during the middle of the day, with tons of people and traffic everywhere. Probably 1 in 6 will seriously injure or kill someone. Then take 100 Aldon Smith's driving drunk a few blocks in the middle of the night, when nobody is around. Those 100 Smith's will pass out and probably drive the car into mailboxes, trees, and lawns, but none of them will injure anybody.

Nothing Aldon Smith has done compares in any way to what dozens of Super Bowl Champions have done. Therefore, I don't see how these incidents hurt our team on the field. In fact, it almost seems like if you DON'T have a nut on your team, your chances of winning the Super Bowl are greatly diminished.
Ray Lewis, Darren Sharper, Ray Rice, Roethlisberger, Haley, Romanowski. They have been on the winning side of nearly half the Super Bowls of the last 20 years.

Culliver is an ass for not helping that guy he hit, but by all indications, it seems as if he hit him at such a slow speed, that there was no chance of injury. I think what Culliver did was far more reprehensible then anything Smith has done, but even this incident is nothing compared to players on other teams.

We let Haley go because he was a total psycho path. The very real ramifications of that were Dallas winning 3 Super Bowls instead of us. Is that what people want? Have a nice guy rushing the passer while watching the Seahawks sign Aldon Smith and win Super Bowl after Super Bowl after Super Bowl? All the time talking about how Smith has turned his life around with the Seahawks coaching staff etc?
I sure don't want that, and yes, I am willing to put up with players who are stupid and somewhat reckless as a trade off.
Share 49ersWebzone