LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

Im really getting tired of hearing about the Niners when it has nothing to do about footba

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nj9er:
People are so overly sensitive about terrorism and stupid incidents like this make me want to bash my head against a wall. Burdening a judicial system with dumb crap like this is infuriating and does nothing to deter terrorism just a quick money maker on people with no verbal filter. This is how we stop terrorism by busting and fining smart a$$es? If you want to get on a flight and feel safe maybe we should stop air and drone strikes in Islamic nations. We haven't fired a shot on England in centuries and I have no fear Russell Brand will try to kill me. Once you stop the violence you stop the retaliation. Our government likes to use he word terrorism instead of retaliation. Do you think Bin Laden attacked us for sending over Madonna albums? That world where it is ok to be able to say bomb at an airport is the world I want to live in.

You can always move on over to one of those "peaceful" Islamic nations. They say "bomb" all the time when they're planning chicken sh!t attacks.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Back in the days they sang "We're the 49er" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8wWpxJi4s

New school era = go a lil something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeZhCt5PVA

Don't forget this classic from 1989

It seems we may need more "Nolan guys."........

This is getting out of control. It's almost at the point of PAC MAN JONES and Chris Henry. We got more THUGS on this team than a jailhouse cell block.
Worst.
Off-season.
EVER!

THE SANTA CLARA YOLOS
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It seems we may need more "Nolan guys."........

This is getting out of control. It's almost at the point of PAC MAN JONES and Chris Henry. We got more THUGS on this team than a jailhouse cell block.

if you think these players are "thugs"...I hope u actually run into a real one to find out what a real thug is.
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
Worst.
Off-season.
EVER!

But the team hasn't drafted Johnny Manziel yet.
There are no easy answers to prevent players like Culliver and Aldon from doing stupid things. GM's, coaches even other players can't be everywhere to keep an eye on their teammates. The individuals doing dumb things are to blame. Somehow during the recruiting, interviewing, screening processes something was missed or just not uncovered. It's easy to blame the FO, but they can't know everything about a player...it's impossible. It's too bad, really, both Culliver and Aldon are very talented players, but for some reason just can't keep from acting irresponsibly. Let's not jump off the deep end...give the FO time to make some decisions once they have all the facts and the legalities are known.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
If we were to cut Aldon for his off the field stuff, the DL would take a huge hit. This sucks man. The players must think they are untouchable at this point because they are always being given a chance. Maybe Aldon should be cut, hate to say it, to set an example that repeated off the field issues will not be tolerated. Or Trade him to a non-contending team.
Originally posted by Baldie:
If we were to cut Aldon for his off the field stuff, the DL would take a huge hit. This sucks man. The players must think they are untouchable at this point because they are always being given a chance. Maybe Aldon should be cut, hate to say it, to set an example that repeated off the field issues will not be tolerated. Or Trade him to a non-contending team.

We aren't cutting Aldon. We just need to call his mom and dad on him

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Baldie:

Kinda backfired on the team back in the 90's when they got rid of Charles Haley.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I think it would be more effective if other players got after him. Imagine a dressing down by Justin Smith, Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman. That would set anyone straight. Throw in Vernon Davis since he was a knucklehead before too, so would be a good example.
WTF?
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by nj9er:
People are so overly sensitive about terrorism and stupid incidents like this make me want to bash my head against a wall. Burdening a judicial system with dumb crap like this is infuriating and does nothing to deter terrorism just a quick money maker on people with no verbal filter. This is how we stop terrorism by busting and fining smart a$$es? If you want to get on a flight and feel safe maybe we should stop air and drone strikes in Islamic nations. We haven't fired a shot on England in centuries and I have no fear Russell Brand will try to kill me. Once you stop the violence you stop the retaliation. Our government likes to use he word terrorism instead of retaliation. Do you think Bin Laden attacked us for sending over Madonna albums? That world where it is ok to be able to say bomb at an airport is the world I want to live in.

You can always move on over to one of those "peaceful" Islamic nations. They say "bomb" all the time when they're planning chicken sh!t attacks.

Id much rather stay and try to make this country better. Although ignorant mentality like they bomb us because they are Islamic make me feel our country has been overrun with audience members of the blue collar comedy tour.
the Colin thing isn't that big a deal IMO, just unfortunate and untimely.
the Aldon thing is kinda silly too, I'm sure he didn't yell "I have a bomb", he probably said it in a casual way outta frustration with lines n typical airport delays and someone heard it and overreacted...

the Culliver thing is more serious IMO than both of these incidents
Share 49ersWebzone