There are 139 users in the forums

Do you want the 49ers to kick off the season @ Seattle on TNF?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want the 49ers to kick off the season @ Seattle on TNF?

Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by verb1der:
lol, but why would you want it to be tougher on our team? It makes no sense. We might as well root for them to win the division so it'll be tougher for us in the playoffs.

How is it tougher? Would you rather face seattle during the middle of one of their winning streaks? They beat us by 6 inches last season in the most emotionally charged game in that franchises history. You really think going into the clink in week 1 will be harder than going there for the title game?

Uhh yeah! It's their first ever season opener as defending champions, it's going to be nuts in there, and their confidence will be super high.

Remember we played in their home opener last year, and then we Ian Williams for the season.
Now Way the NFL passes this up. No way.
Uhh yeah! It's their first ever season opener as defending champions, it's going to be nuts in there, and their confidence will be super high.

Remember we played in their home opener last year, and then we Ian Williams for the season.

Disclaimer....football is a violent sport. Injuries happen. Its part of the game. I think every 49ers player and coach wants nothing more than the opportunity to go into seattle and spoil their championship home coming by kicking them square in the teeth and sending them into week 2 with a record of 0-1. Believe it or not, the 49ers are a good football team.
Originally posted by Lucky49:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Lucky49:
The upside to winning far outweighs any downside to losing. This team is mentally tough and a week 1 loss to seattle wouldn't be the end of the world. This team has been faced with a ton of adversity in the last few years and has bounced back just fine. I doubt we would lose anyways.

you doubt we would lose? seriously

What, you guys have already given up on this game?

there's a difference between giving up on a game and not "doubting we would lose" in a situation where we've lost a whole lot

"Where we've lost a whole lot". Like, what have we lost a whole lot of? Confidence in our team seems to be the only thing we have lost, apart from Bowman.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Now Way the NFL passes this up. No way.

If Sherman keeps fueling the flames like he is I don't think the NFL will have a choice. They would be stupid not to feature this game week 1.

Disclaimer....football is a violent sport. Injuries happen. Its part of the game. I think every 49ers player and coach wants nothing more than the opportunity to go into seattle and spoil their championship home coming by kicking them square in the teeth and sending them into week 2 with a record of 0-1. Believe it or not, the 49ers are a good football team.

I wish I had big internet balls to be confident like this.

But the reality is, we haven't won in Seattle in years no matter how good we think we are.

But the reality is, we haven't won in Seattle in years no matter how good we think we are.

It's not internet balls. Its testerone.

Two seasons ago. And apparently you don't have big Internet balls.

It's not internet balls. Its testerone.

hey I don't have low T! I be doing squats and s**t, and eat sunflower seeds all day.
[ Edited by verb1der on Apr 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM ]

Like someone posted on page one, I would much prefer to play them after our guy have had a chance to play together for awhile. Too many goofy things can happen in an opener, including total screw up plays. Would much rather have 4-5 games under our belt. I don't want to see us go up there and lose on a fluke. We have a better chance playing together for a bit first...but same goes for SEA.

Well come on. It's early April. We have a bucket-load of picks and the draft looks great. I don't like seeing a white flag being hung out. That make me a homer? No, it makes me a fan. I have confidence in Harbaugh and confidence in Baalke and confidence in a young team with a bright future. Do I want to read about how we don't have a chance in Seattle?

No. Superbowl winners find it hard to come back and dominate the next year. I am not giving up on either of the Seattle games until the fat lady sings.
  • thl408
Look at it this way. SB champs always party a bit more and may be lax with their offseason workout programs. Week 1 may be the best time to get those seagulls. The idea of making sure the 49ers are in synch with one another by having them play a few weeks first works both ways.
Denver played Baltimore in week 1 after Baltimore won, and Denver made it to the superbowl.

I say we will sweep Seattle, so we might as well start from week 1.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Since Sherman keeps talking smack to Crabs the NFL will probably make it the opening day game. I dont like it but oh well.

You would rather watch a Den Sea snoozefest?

I really hope we play in Seattle in the first 2 weeks.
Id rather not start the season with a guaranteed loss

So you would rather end the season with a guaranteed loss?
Share 49ersWebzone