LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Do you want the 49ers to kick off the season @ Seattle on TNF?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want the 49ers to kick off the season @ Seattle on TNF?

That crowd is always going to be loud. So what? It makes no difference when they play. Early September up there is better than late December. And what better way to ruin the mood up there than to go in and spoil their home opener. You not only start them right off with a painful loss possibly setting the tone for them for the rest of the season, but you send a message to the rest of the NFL that you're a force to be reckoned with. Not only that, but if they play them first, the Niner offense gets lots of time to prepare. Don't worry about first game jitters. I didn't see any of that in the first game last season. The Niners have very little to lose in that scenario because the NFL expects the Seahawks to win in their stadium. But the upside if the Niners win is huge - they start right off upsetting the power rankings and become the favorite right from the getgo.
I have full confidence in our boys to go into Seattle and walk out victors whether it be week 1 or week 17. Smash mouth mistake free football is the formula to win in Seattle we are one of the only teams built for that type of play.
This is a no brainer. No need to ease ourselves in. F(_)@& seattle.
Originally posted by xela510:
Yes, just so we can get the injuries over with in the beginning.

lol
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
I have full confidence in our boys to go into Seattle and walk out victors whether it be week 1 or week 17. Smash mouth mistake free football is the formula to win in Seattle we are one of the only teams built for that type of play.

we don't play mistake free football in Seattle
Don't want to open at Seattle. Want to open at home against say..... the Chiefs? That's be a good opening game IMO.

Week 4 or 5 would be a good time to play the Hags and again in week 16-17.

Whenever we play them please not after a bye. We're horrible after the bye.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Don't want to open at Seattle. Want to open at home against say..... the Chiefs? That's be a good opening game IMO.

Week 4 or 5 would be a good time to play the Hags and again in week 16-17.

Whenever we play them please not after a bye. We're horrible after the bye.

I fully agree with the bolded. Easy win.
I thought that it was already leaked by the builders that the stadium would host the first Niners game the second week of the season this is why I am optimistic that we open at Seattle
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 7, 2014 at 4:29 PM ]
I say yes. we go in there, f**k Sherman up for all the s**t talking, I mean personal foul f**k you up and get the W.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
pretty much a no-brainer for the NFL to schedule this as the kickoff game. IT's gonna happen.

the weakhawks really do suck, let's do this!
Forget all these excuses! To be the best you have to beat the best, home, away, nuetral site, rain, snow, s**t storm! Roll into Seattle week 1 and f**k their world up.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

we don't play mistake free football in Seattle

Well then we start to this year
1-0
I say bring on the game. I could care less. What I remember about last year is how last year every time the hawks won 9er fans wouldnt and couldnt except it. your so fixated on the fact that your team is the 49ers and the leauge should let you win. you got beat. deal with it. its a new year the hawks won the superbow. cant change it now. 2014 is a new year bring it.
Share 49ersWebzone