There are 251 users in the forums

GREG ROMAN LEAVES 49ERS FOR MCMURRAY UNIVERSITY!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
This one wasnt as good as past years. I know they were trying to get away from Jackson because they thought it was the obvious pick, but nobody was buying that he was leaving this late in the ofseason.

But it still got a very large portion of us...I thought it was great. Go back through the thread for a great laugh at how many ppl fell for it even AFTER it was obvious (and stated as such) an April Fool's joke. That's the part that had me rolling!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
This one wasnt as good as past years. I know they were trying to get away from Jackson because they thought it was the obvious pick, but nobody was buying that he was leaving this late in the ofseason.

But it still got a very large portion of us...I thought it was great. Go back through the thread for a great laugh at how many ppl fell for it even AFTER it was obvious (and stated as such) an April Fool's joke. That's the part that had me rolling!
i did not read it yesterday, were there some people who were actually mad about him "leaving"?
NC, you did't really think my post on page 4 wasn't tongue in cheek , did you?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
NC, you did't really think my post on page 4 wasn't tongue in cheek , did you?

Oh no, but it certainly made me laugh some...that and the fact that after a bit (and b/c of the replys) it was VERY obvious it was an April Fool's joke and yet, there were STILL ppl believing the April Fool's joke (hilarious). I was so excited my son and I started high-5ing each other for a second and then, "Ahhhhh, man...it's April Fool's!" Roman isn't the worst OC in the world BUT him leaving might, just might, symbolize a shift in philosophy, even with Harbaugh here.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:

i did not read it yesterday, were there some people who were actually mad about him "leaving"?

Not mad...thrilled. And then the let down...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by JP3ThaHNIC:
I keep trying to quote the Javon Walker post, but I keep quoting these others by mistake (my bad). I remember I wanted Javon Walker real bad after that season with Lloyd, Battle, and Johnny Morton (ughhhhh). No wonder i was face deep in that Steel Reserve and E&J

And it appears (when I'm signed in) that I'm reposting your post since it was the last post

It is happening to me as well. Some kind of glitch on the site. I think the others can read it but we see the last post before it.

They got us pretty good ... I only joined last year (March) so I wasn't privy to the joke. Next year, I'll try to remember
Originally posted by JP3ThaHNIC:
I keep trying to quote the Javon Walker post, but I keep quoting these others by mistake (my bad). I remember I wanted Javon Walker real bad after that season with Lloyd, Battle, and Johnny Morton (ughhhhh). No wonder i was face deep in that Steel Reserve and E&J

And it appears (when I'm signed in) that I'm reposting your post since it was the last post

It is happening to me as well. Some kind of glitch on the site. I think the others can read it but we see the last post before it.

They got us pretty good ... I only joined last year (March) so I wasn't privy to the joke. Next year, I'll try to remember

They actually didn't fool me. I knew it was BS from the get go. I do think they did a great job of forging the article. It really looked like the real deal. My replay was that it had to be fake because Roman had already signed on to coach Bowling Green.

I don't know what the big knock on Roman is. I actually think he is doing a great job. The 49ers have a pattern of being very conservative in the redzone and protecting against turnovers, playing it safe to protect the FG attempt. If we can run it in great. If not maybe a safe pass. If not we will take the FG and rely on our defense. If we are behind the handcuffs come off and we go for the TD and we score often.

This goes all the way back to Alex Smith and Harbaugh's 1st year. Do you think we can all see it but Harbaugh doesn't know? Of course he knows. It is his offense. His playbook. His hand picked OC. His philosophy. If he wanted a change it would have happened a long tome ago. Any new OC would be under the same directive. This is Harbaugh's way not Roman's. Bottom line is we will not become more aggressive on offense unless Harbaugh wants us to, not Roman.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They actually didn't fool me. I knew it was BS from the get go. I do think they did a great job of forging the article. It really looked like the real deal. My replay was that it had to be fake because Roman had already signed on to coach Bowling Green.

I don't know what the big knock on Roman is. I actually think he is doing a great job. The 49ers have a pattern of being very conservative in the redzone and protecting against turnovers, playing it safe to protect the FG attempt. If we can run it in great. If not maybe a safe pass. If not we will take the FG and rely on our defense. If we are behind the handcuffs come off and we go for the TD and we score often.

This goes all the way back to Alex Smith and Harbaugh's 1st year. Do you think we can all see it but Harbaugh doesn't know? Of course he knows. It is his offense. His playbook. His hand picked OC. His philosophy. If he wanted a change it would have happened a long tome ago. Any new OC would be under the same directive. This is Harbaugh's way not Roman's. Bottom line is we will not become more aggressive on offense unless Harbaugh wants us to, not Roman.

The Roman leaving joke was obvious (April Fools), but the thing with the posting errors got me frustrated and pissed for a moment.. that's what I meant by "got us pretty good"

Roman is cool, he's just the whipping boy sometimes (actually, a lot) ...

It's wasn't his fault that Crabs was missing for a long time. It's not his fault that Kap is still developing. It's not his fault that Harbs is stubborn and likes working out with a walrus .

However....................................
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
amazing ppl still fall for april fools days stuff

It's the noobs that fall for it. Still funny seeing people fall for it.

The Roman leaving joke was obvious (April Fools), but the thing with the posting errors got me frustrated and pissed for a moment.. that's what I meant by "got us pretty good"

It's wasn't his fault that Crabs was missing for a long time. It's not his fault that Kap is still developing. It's not his fault that Harbs is stubborn and likes working out with a walrus .

The posting BS got me too/ I rebooted my computer.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

ahhhhh never mind
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I am sorry..... roman must have missed your memo... if we can run it fine, if not a safe pass.. in the super bowl we could have run it in but instead he called for stupid passes.. that is just one example,. i would give you others but my i am out of advil

I am sorry..... roman must have missed your memo... if we can run it fine, if not a safe pass.. in the super bowl we could have run it in but instead he called for stupid passes.. that is just one example,. i would give you others but my i am out of advil

You missed the part where I said "If we are behind the handcuffs come off". We were behind in the end. Our running game went nowhere all day except for Kap running from the pocket. We were at the what , the 18 yd line with a little over 30 seconds left in the game with 2 TO's left and you think we could just run it in? The pass play Roman called could have worked. We had a wide open receiver on the left sideline. It's Roman's fault the QB never once glanced left, threw to a receiver covered step for step and then underthrew the ball by about 3 feet? Really?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

ahhhhh never mind

Share 49ersWebzone