There are 166 users in the forums

49ers DEAD LAST in NFL in Receptions by Tail Backs (by a wide margin)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
^^ Good point. OP needs to crunch these numbers and present them again. A FB is a RB, no?

Yes, but I would rather feature the RB more than the FB in the passing game. They are faster and more elusive, and tend to be more natural pass catchers.

I love that we use Miller in the passing game, but it's a little odd to me that the RBs are hardly involved at all.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SofaKing:
^^ Good point. OP needs to crunch these numbers and present them again. A FB is a RB, no?

Yes, but I would rather feature the RB more than the FB in the passing game. They are faster and more elusive, and tend to be more natural pass catchers.

I love that we use Miller in the passing game, but it's a little odd to me that the RBs are hardly involved at all.

No argument there. HBs are obviously more agile than FBs so they should be able to get better RAC. I think a factor to the lack of catches by the HB in this offense has to do with how Gore is so good at blitz pickup and Harbaugh would rather beat the blitz with added protection, not added routes (send the HB out as a hot read). So Gore stays in to block on blitzes, while also having check release (check for blitz, then release) assignments on nearly every pass play.
No argument there. HBs are obviously more agile than FBs so they should be able to get better RAC. I think a factor to the lack of catches by the HB in this offense has to do with how Gore is so good at blitz pickup and Harbaugh would rather beat the blitz with added protection, not added routes (send the HB out as a hot read). So Gore stays in to block on blitzes, while also having check release (check for blitz, then release) assignments on nearly every pass play.

That's a very good point. Watching the coaches tape on NFL Rewind, there were numerous plays where the RBs check for blitz, then release. When looking at the still image, it appears that the RB is wide open and the ball should have gone that way. But because of the delay (check for blitz), the ball is often coming out before the RB finishes his route and turns his head back to the QB. At least that's the way I see it.
Also, when a defender has RB responsibility in coverage and he sees the RB picking up another blitz that defender will, himself blitz. I would be in favor of keeping defenses honest, even if our backs don't put up REC stats.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I will seriously puke if anybody brings up offensive yards as some sort of gauge of how good an offense is. This team was 11th in points per game, which is all that matters, with a QB in his first full season and the #1 WR out for most of the year. People need to chill out.
This isn't the worst thing in the world, but it does need to be fixed. I seriously hope we use lmj or another rb similar to him more in the passing game because that will add a whole other dimension that we have lacked during the harbaugh era.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Kap is not capable of throwing a touch pass close to the LOS. He worked those guns out so hard it's impossible lulz.
  • buck
  • Veteran
We do not pass all that much compared to other teams.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Is my real post ever going to show?

no not ever again

That's right! First the government shutdown, the Obamacare site, several other sites and now this.... hacked by aliens

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by LVJay:

no not ever again

That's right! First the government shutdown, the Obamacare site, several other sites and now this.... hacked by aliens
Yes, your stuff will show. Wait till tomorrow.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by LVJay:

no not ever again

Yes, your stuff will show. Wait till tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbZ_k1Z8gU
we used to throw to gore all the time but its not in romans plans i guess. i think I want this years april fools joke of him leaving for a head coaching gig to come true more than the epic arnaz battle and some change trade for Andre Johnson lol
So what?
Originally posted by SofaKing:

This is what really stood out to me the second half of the season. RB/TE's would stay in to block and then flare out and they were wide open. Obviously, I'd like to see a more balanced passing attack and using these guys in open space is a good start when the primary/secondary read isn't there. I'd also like to see some guys like Gore, Hunter and James feautured...one thing that stood out to me with the Saints is how they utilize Sproles. Sproles literally "sprints" out of the backfield and garners immediate attention by the defense and forces them to be on their heels; Brees hits him in stride. Our routes are different. I know Miller was featured but that was usually out wide on the edge. So design can not only help CK and his completion % but give him security AND help attack the entire field. Also, if the RB's sprint out of the backfield, it may also help in the passing game as well esp. if we hit a few of these quickly for big gains. From using the width of the field, all of our weapons coupled with our intermediate passing game, this may also help soften up the 8/9-man box and the running game AND get CK and he receivers in a nice early rhythm.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone