There are 124 users in the forums

Ask Captain Hindsight your questions (49ers related only)!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Why does Captain Hindsight refer to himself in the 3rd person (ala "Jimmy" from Seinfeld)?

The Captain is going to get you Kramer
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Yo Cap,riddle me this.......

What would have happened/where would we be had the Dorks not fired Mooch and instituted the subsequent purge of our talent??

Would we have went thru the hell years to get to the Harbaugh n Balke era??What would the inbetween years had been like??
Two things would have happened, Mooch would have continued to get the 49ers into the playoffs, but fail to seal the deal--he would have ultimately bee fired and replaced by Dennis Erickson (preventing Erickson from going to the Beavers). Jim Harbaugh would have gone to Miami where he would have failed miserably.

Also, TO, Jerry, and the others would never have left the Niners.

Originally posted by susweel:
this seems like a parking lot thread.
The Captain has thought this for several years about everything you post.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Dear Captain HS,

in the NFCCG against the Giants during Kaps rookie season, should the 9ers have turned to him when Axle Smith struggled so badly?
The Captain says......."yes." Kaep would have come in and drove the niners down only to throw four incomplete passes to Crabtree in the right corner of the endzone. It would have destroyed his confidence, prevented him from making that epic Beats(TM) commercial, and led to him getting a tattoo of a V8 soda can. The Captain is unclear on that last part.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Dear Captain,

If Kap had thrown that ball to Crabtree in this year's NFCCG a midget digit higher, what would have been the final score vs Denver?
The Captain believes that the score would have been 49-24 with Kaep getting the MVP even though Gore would have 150 on the ground with three touchdowns. The only reason the Broncos score 24 is because we always manage to f**k up a shutout.
Why didn't I know before that you are Captain Hindsight?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i was testing your knowledge of niner history with willie mcgee ,,when he got hurt he was the top wide out in 76 and we were 6-1... we ended 8-6 and do you think if he would have stayed healthy, with our front four and rushing game of delvin and wilbur, we would have made playofffs, monte never would have got fired and we never would have brought in walsh
I think even if the 49ers make the play-offs in 1976 Clark still clashes with the utterly inept Joe Thomas and gets fired. The thought of Joe Thomas running the 49ers still disturbs me and he has been gone for 35 years.
Cap,

While we've touched on the prospects of not handing off to Craig in the 90 NFCCG, it is my opinion, that the formation breakdown in the Gary Reasons fake punt was a far more egregious offense and was the major play preventing a 3peat. If we had 11 men on the field instead of 10, and had that 11th man made the play stopping a slow footed aging white linebacker streak down the field...How different would our lives be today?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Existence:
Why didn't I know before that you are Captain Hindsight?

Non-49er related, noob. Next question for the Captain!

Originally posted by jbeale49:
Cap,

While we've touched on the prospects of not handing off to Craig in the 90 NFCCG, it is my opinion, that the formation breakdown in the Gary Reasons fake punt was a far more egregious offense and was the major play preventing a 3peat. If we had 11 men on the field instead of 10, and had that 11th man made the play stopping a slow footed aging white linebacker streak down the field...How different would our lives be today?
Captain Hindsight says: "Though are botched coverage hurts; you cannot discount this mistake:

"
Roger Craig lost the ball. We lost the game. Captain Hindsight says "Roger Craig is no Frank Gore."

For more read: http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_24547989/49ers-at-candlestick-roger-craigs-fumble
[ Edited by fropwns on Mar 31, 2014 at 6:30 PM ]
nvm
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Mar 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM ]
Captain Hindsight I have two questions!!

What would have happened if the 2012 draft wasn't wasted?

What would have happened if the 49ers drafted Russell Wilson in 2012?
Originally posted by fropwns:

If only I had the foresight to know that my question regarding hindsight would be met with such insight.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Clarity:
Captain Hindsight I have two questions!!

What would have happened if the 2012 draft wasn't wasted?

What would have happened if the 49ers drafted Russell Wilson in 2012?
Your first question I answered earlier:

Originally posted by fropwns: Originally posted by pwillis52beasty: The niners should have drafted who in 2012, instead of AJ Jenkins? Alshon or TY? Or someone else? Captain Hindsight says: Trade the whole thing for Andrew Luck. If they (colts) needed a sweetener give them Alex Smith!

My original answer to the quandary of the 2012 draft relegates your second question implausible.

Originally posted by Existence:

If only I had the foresight to know that my question regarding hindsight would be met with such insight.
Noob, your grasp of insight, through the foresight of posing a question of tremendous value, as it applies to hindsight, is insightful.
Your first question I answered earlier:

Originally posted by fropwns: Originally posted by pwillis52beasty: The niners should have drafted who in 2012, instead of AJ Jenkins? Alshon or TY? Or someone else? Captain Hindsight says: Trade the whole thing for Andrew Luck. If they (colts) needed a sweetener give them Alex Smith!

My original answer to the quandary of the 2012 draft relegates your second question implausible.

Noob, your grasp of insight, through the foresight of posing a question of tremendous value, as it applies to hindsight, is insightful.

Hands down the most entertaining thread in NT,big shout to Fro!!!
Yo Fro, Let's get some hindsight about the Charles Haley trade to the Cowboys.
What if we did choose Pete Carroll over Mike Nolan in 2005?
would the niners be better off if Harbaugh choose somebody From his sTaff other then Roman to be the OC ?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joshuatree:
Originally posted by cciowa:
steve young fan but i really wanted that trade to go down because i did not think he had it in him to win in big games. we know joe did and we knew joe could still play the game

Joe played with vastly superior defenses & coaching. Derek Loville vs the 90's Cowboys & Packers. What kinda crap was that
That and Favre just had great luck whenever he played us. He could throw into triple coverage with his eyes closed and complete passes. I think he had a better record against us than any other team, it was crazy, screw Brett Favre.
Share 49ersWebzone