LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Ask Captain Hindsight your questions (49ers related only)!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Should have mentioned that: Shoulda, Coulda, and Woulda would be manning the phones.
I'll reach back in time. I still think Nolan was a dumb arse for choosing McCarthy For his OC knowing that he was the first and only choice to take over the HC job in GB, that one decision effed everything up for a very long time .

who shoulda been the OC at that time ?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Allx9er:
I'll reach back in time. I still think Nolan was a dumb arse for choosing McCarthy For his OC knowing that he was the first and only choice to take over the HC job in GB, that one decision effed everything up for a very long time .

who shoulda been the OC at that time ?

Captain Hindsight says, you are not thinking fourth-dimmensionally, Marty. You sign McCarthy to a no-compete contract that prevents him from leaving the Niners for any team associated with, in any way, the color Green. If he must absolutely go, you demand the rights to Aaron Rodgers.
[ Edited by fropwns on Mar 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM ]
The niners should have drafted who in 2012, instead of AJ Jenkins? Alshon or TY? Or someone else?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
had alex not gotten hurt
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
had willie mcgee not busted his leg
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
The niners should have drafted who in 2012, instead of AJ Jenkins? Alshon or TY? Or someone else?

Captain Hindsight says: Trade the whole thing for Andrew Luck. If they (colts) needed a sweetener give them Alex Smith!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by cciowa:
had alex not gotten hurt

Captain Hindsight, though generalizing everything in his replies, does not understand general questions. Specifics, fine sir!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
had alex not gotten hurt would he have kept his job since he was playing at a high level at the time and there was no reason for ck to come in? then if he would have kept his job would we have done as good or better
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
had alex not gotten hurt would he have kept his job since he was playing at a high level at the time and there was no reason for ck to come in? then if he would have kept his job would we have done as good or better

Thank you, kind sir. Captain Hindsight says: "You never fight a land war in Asia, and you never draft Alex Smith ahead of Aaron Rodgers!"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i was testing your knowledge of niner history with willie mcgee ,,when he got hurt he was the top wide out in 76 and we were 6-1... we ended 8-6 and do you think if he would have stayed healthy, with our front four and rushing game of delvin and wilbur, we would have made playofffs, monte never would have got fired and we never would have brought in walsh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:

Thank you, kind sir. Captain Hindsight says: "You never fight a land war in Asia, and you never draft Alex Smith ahead of Aaron Rodgers!"
i think you dodged my question
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
i was testing your knowledge of niner history with willie mcgee ,,when he got hurt he was the top wide out in 76 and we were 6-1... we ended 8-6 and do you think if he would have stayed healthy, with our front four and rushing game of delvin and wilbur, we would have made playofffs, monte never would have got fired and we never would have brought in walsh

Captain Hindsight was not born until 1975. He was only one when Willie played for us and was injured! Indeed, had things gone well for the Niners they would have faced the Raiders! A game we might have lost. In this sense, I say Captain Hindsight recognizes the agony of defeat necessary to perpetuate the arrival of the WALSH!
Share 49ersWebzone