LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Do we cut Culliver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we cut Culliver?

There's a good chance he could play out the year before he gets imprisoned or suspended. The question is do we send a message to the league our team and the city of Santa Clara that this type of behavior won't be tolerated on the niners.
I think we wait until after the draft and we have more facts to work with in his case. Then you could be looking at a suspension by the league or even the team coming up. I don't know if we cut him but it will definately effect whether we want to extend or resign him. It will definetly cost the moron Millions of dollars.

Where can I get a job and make millions to be a screw up?
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I think we wait until after the draft and we have more facts to work with in his case. Then you could be looking at a suspension by the league or even the team coming up. I don't know if we cut him but it will definately effect whether we want to extend or resign him. It will definetly cost the moron Millions of dollars.

Politics
Originally posted by joshuatree:

Politics

Politics

Banking
No. Just don't extend him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
No. Though it was really disappointing how Culliver behaved...I'd keep him. Now, had he beaten up a girl or shot someone or sexually assaulted someone - then it's another story.
I don't know if he has any priors, I'd imagine not. Let the process play itself out. He must have been tested for alcohol and drugs and the good news so far is nothing has been mentioned. Hopefully the experience becomes a wake-up call or else he'll need to find other employment.
Originally posted by 4ML:
No. Though it was really disappointing how Culliver behaved...I'd keep him. Now, had he beaten up a girl or shot someone or sexually assaulted someone - then it's another story.

I think you could argue what he did was just as stupid/bad as those crimes. Hit a guy on a bicycle, then threatened the guy instead of checking how he was. He took a bad situation and made it worse.
he is getting paid pennies so No

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
he is getting paid pennies so No

150k hit against the cap...so yeah football pennies
Originally posted by KegBert:

Politics

Banking

Good ones. Ofcourse you need connections and have to screw other people over in Banking and Politics to make a fortune. In Cullivers place it was enough just to be a dumb ass. In a contract year no less. He was probably looking at an extension of a minimum of $15 Million. Wouldn't you be on your very best behavior?
Originally posted by KegBert:

Politics

Banking

Be a lawyer
Originally posted by niners94:
No. Just don't extend him.

I agree wit this approach,even though my first gut feeling was the axe immedietly.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Mar 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]
Until we have a replacement we really can't. Had Brown been resigned I think it's a yes for sure. He could be the only guy keeping Cook on the bench at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone