There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 49ers scouting department is failing.

Originally posted by KegBert:
Not sure if I would draw such a hard line from a couple players having off the field issues to our scouting department failing.

Now if we have another draft like the 2012 draft, ill agree with you that we need a scouting department overhaul.

I agree if we have a draft like that again we need to reevaluate.
Originally posted by crabman82:
they've had a couple of slip ups taking players who have gotten into some trouble.

Wouldn't you rather have guys stay out of trouble though and think of the team?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Shocking who created this thread.

LOL, this. I didn't even have to look, I just knew.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree if we have a draft like that again we need to reevaluate.

Ozzie Newsome has had about 4 or 5 drafts like that, who is demanding that he be fired??? If they can have 1 2011 draft for every 2 2012 drafts, I'm totally okay with it. If you actually sit down and see how many typical busts most teams have, you would gain a tremendous appreciation for what Baalke and Co. have been able to do since 2010.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wouldn't you rather have guys stay out of trouble though and think of the team?

Im sure every team and fanbaae would like that, to bad its unrealistic.
We need Nolan guys.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,680
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Since 2005

Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Parys Haralson
Patrick Willis
Joe Staley
Ray McDonald
Dashon Goldson
Tarell Brown
Michael Crabtree
Ricky Jean Francois
Alex Boone
Tramaine Brock
Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Navorro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Eric Reid

Teh scouting department is failing u guise.

LMAO
People will always do stupid things.
Originally posted by awol36:

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,064
We get busted for violence while CAWK suckers get busted for PEDS...
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon Smith

~ 3 Felonies
~ 2 DUIS
~ Multiple driving off the road incidents where he claims "somebody else was driving." Lindsay Lohan always claims the same thing. Always her friend driving after they switch after accidents.

Chris Culliver

~ 2 Felonies

Do they vet these guys or research the background? It would make sense to know the character of the player before you pick them and commit to them. You have money wrapped up in them and you rely on them to help your team. With Aldon we could have had JJ Watt btw who is a 10% better player overall and 0% of the trouble that Aldon brings. Clean as a whistle.

You can't build a Championship team if your guys keep getting in trouble. You need high character guys. Would Jerry Rice every be involved in this type of nonsense? He was too busy working out and running the hill and trying to improve in the offseason.

Clearly this man is unaware of who the current Super Bowl champions are.


I'd like to nominate this for post of the week.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon Smith

~ 3 Felonies
~ 2 DUIS
~ Multiple driving off the road incidents where he claims "somebody else was driving." Lindsay Lohan always claims the same thing. Always her friend driving after they switch after accidents.

Chris Culliver

~ 2 Felonies

Do they vet these guys or research the background? It would make sense to know the character of the player before you pick them and commit to them. You have money wrapped up in them and you rely on them to help your team. With Aldon we could have had JJ Watt btw who is a 10% better player overall and 0% of the trouble that Aldon brings. Clean as a whistle.

You can't build a Championship team if your guys keep getting in trouble. You need high character guys. Would Jerry Rice every be involved in this type of nonsense? He was too busy working out and running the hill and trying to improve in the offseason.

Really....this is what you come up with?

Aldon: Yes he appears to have a drinking problem and then acting irresponsible thereafter but for as I could tell, the kid had no red flags on him coming out of college and not to mention how productive he's being since coming into the league. Slobber over J.J. Watts all you want but Aldon is just as good and plays a totally different position.

Cully: Until his dumb remarks before the Super Bowl, you never heard anything about him. He made a huge mistake today but he doesn't have a history of criminal behavior.

I swear you are the most pessimistic so called fan ever.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree if we have a draft like that again we need to reevaluate.

Ozzie Newsome has had about 4 or 5 drafts like that, who is demanding that he be fired??? If they can have 1 2011 draft for every 2 2012 drafts, I'm totally okay with it. If you actually sit down and see how many typical busts most teams have, you would gain a tremendous appreciation for what Baalke and Co. have been able to do since 2010.

And 2013 draftees is just getting started. Reid was special, Lemonier filled in pretty well, and even McDonald added some value in his own way. Can't hang Baalke on one bad draft, when it appears that he hit homers on the other 2.