Chris culliver arrested

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ok this was very stupid by Cully and he's an absolute jackass for what he did, but people are super overreacting in saying we need to cut him now. He's our best corner, young, and very talented. Suspension is very possible, but dude is not getting cut over this, especially given the defensive back situation we have.

You make it sound like this is a misdemeanor. These are serious felony charges.

He threatened someone and another guy had very minor injuries. Not going to get cut on that. Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth ran over and killed people and still played in the league.

Stallworth stopped at the scene and provided assistance and also paid the family off.

This fool ran someone over, ran away, got caught and attacked a good samariton.

Yes, but the end result was far worse in Stallworth's case. And does it say that Culliver actually ran dude over or did he nudge him? I have a hard time believing that he could be run over and only sustain minor injuries. NFL players have been involved in far worse situations than this and have not been cut. If he was a total scrub, then great chance he is cut, but he is a young talented corner who was in our plans for the future. Don't think were going to cut him for a hit and run and threatening someone with brass knuckles.

The ammount of damages is not the point. The fact that he ran is a big deal. Society doens't want people causing accidents and taking off. Cully didn't know how bad the injury was or whether anyone saw it and would render aid to the victim. He just decided he needed to watch out for himself.

Total jackass.

Not arguing that he's not a total jackass. He definitely is. But the amount of damages is DEFINITELY very important in cases like this.
Gay bashing > torn acl > felony hit & run > out of the NFL

Brilliant waste of talent, I'd say Culliver has a future in public speaking.
So I guess this pretty much ends the debate on what we draft first
I'm sorry but Cully has to go. Too many bad things about this incident.

- Hits bicyclist
- Flees the scene
- Threatens the eye-witness who corners him
- Hits the eye-witness' car
- Illegal weapons possession

[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
WTF?
DRAFT VERRETT AND FULLER!!! DO IT NOW!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ok this was very stupid by Cully and he's an absolute jackass for what he did, but people are super overreacting in saying we need to cut him now. He's our best corner, young, and very talented. Suspension is very possible, but dude is not getting cut over this, especially given the defensive back situation we have.

You make it sound like this is a misdemeanor. These are serious felony charges.

He threatened someone and another guy had very minor injuries. Not going to get cut on that. Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth ran over and killed people and still played in the league.

Stallworth stopped at the scene and provided assistance and also paid the family off.

This fool ran someone over, ran away, got caught and attacked a good samariton.

Yes, but the end result was far worse in Stallworth's case. And does it say that Culliver actually ran dude over or did he nudge him? I have a hard time believing that he could be run over and only sustain minor injuries. NFL players have been involved in far worse situations than this and have not been cut. If he was a total scrub, then great chance he is cut, but he is a young talented corner who was in our plans for the future. Don't think were going to cut him for a hit and run and threatening someone with brass knuckles.
you forgot to factor in DUI...and was probably the reason Cully fled

Wait was Cully driving under the influence?
To think, they're depending on this clown.
Originally posted by vermonator:
To think, they're depending on this clown.

And we were negotiating an extension...safe to say that's probably not happening. He's gone.
Wow brass knucks and not a 9?! I'm actually surprised. This new generation usually lacks the nuts to fight with their fists.

I agree with other posters. This may have just altered our draft strategy a little. What puzzles me is how these guys can talk about giving back to the community and that they have changed and still be douche bags and do dumb stuff like this. I'm not shocked, but just left wondering...

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
At least we didn't sign him to an extension.

I think that was because of the injury he suffered. He had an uphill battle recovering from that injury and making the team, now he has legal problems on top of that. He didn't make it easy on himself. I don't think the 49ers will cut him, but definitely they will be devoting more draft capital to the Cornerback position because of this. It isn't a guarantee that he'd make the team anyway after the injury. His odds of making the team probably has dropped in half.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm sorry but Cully has to go. Too many bad things about this incident.

- Hits bicyclist
- Flees the scene
- Threatens the eye-witness who corners him
- Hits the eye-witness' car
- Illegal weapons possession

That's just the first layer. Who knows what else there is.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
boy, this really says a lot about who he really is.

Originally posted by genz22:
D-bag! Draft 2 corners within first 2 days of draft please. This guy is a joke.

now, that has to happen.
verrett or watkins for the slot; a handful of outside guys available in the top 100, so all is not lost.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
our drafted corners need to be the game-ready kind, not the developmental types.
Share 49ersWebzone