There are 247 users in the forums

Chris culliver arrested

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tondiman:
I just never understood all the Culliver love out there. We lost the superbowl because he got torched over and over, he "came out" with a stupid comment right before the superbowl, never trully proved himself, was out for the year, and people are still excited about him.

To say the least, the guy is not the brightest in the world. Nor is he a good enough talent to be on the niners.

If we want to win the superbowl we need to have a better CB than that.

Unfortunately for Culliver, the superbowl was both his last game played, and his worst game of the season. For many games in 2012, Culliver was the best CB on the field and showed flashes of being a very good starter. He has all the physical tools but the team is still mostly betting on his potential. They made the same bet on Bowman when they let Spikes leave though and that paid off big time.
Originally posted by mayo49:
This guys a 7th round draft pick that was in line for a starting gig because our DB situation sucks. He's coming off an ACL and he's not even that good. It will not be a big deal to cut him. We can easily replace him with a rookie from the draft.

Wow.. someone with a little sense. Thank you.

I will never understand the culliver love. Maybe its just because he was a late rounder, and people like underdogs.

Try to understand. He was not a 7th round pick. He was a 3rd round pick.
Originally posted by English:
This guys a 7th round draft pick that was in line for a starting gig because our DB situation sucks. He's coming off an ACL and he's not even that good. It will not be a big deal to cut him. We can easily replace him with a rookie from the draft.

I will never understand the culliver love. Maybe its just because he was a late rounder, and people like underdogs.

even being a 3rd, I don't get it. He was serviceable at most, and I will be excited if we replace him.

Pretty sure he was a 3rd round pick who was one of the most athletic players at the combine. Niners moved him from Safety to Corner because of his athleticism and he has shown at times that he can be a very good CB.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Welcome to the zone where everything is blown out of proportion.

You guys act like he got caught with a gun. They were brass knuckles. Legal in most states.

Hit and Run while not good, can be a misdemeanor offense. If so, I don't see anything happening to Cully other than a slap on the wrist.

Why don't we wait and see how this plays out.

Welcome to the zone where 4 felonies are an overreaction unless it's another teams player.

The same zone that loves a good witch hunt.

Everybody grab your torches and pichthforks!

He was also one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL during the 2012 season leading up to the Patriots game.
Legal or not - Brass Knuckles are a criminal's weapon.

It isn't like you go to a Brass Knuckle Range to practice like people do at a Rifle Shooting Range.

They are not used for paper weights, cooking molds or competitive fighting. People don't carry them around like pepper spray. They are used as an offensive assault weapon.

They break bone, damage organs and destroy what they hit.

IMO, depending on the media flap - I see a big time suspension for Culliver.
Originally posted by KegBert:

So it's a witch hunt when it our players?

It's logic when it's another teams player. That's consistent. Dude messed up. I'm not the one that's going to cut him, but I sure can react to it. At least I'm consistent.

even being a 3rd, I don't get it. He was serviceable at most, and I will be excited if we replace him.

Why, because of the stinker in the SB, one game? Not sure if you remember but the whole season leading up to that one bad game he was playing great football and a times flashed amazing talent. Fangio routinely put Cully up against the opposing teams #1 WR and many times Cully shut them down.

His s**tty character is a different story but don't act like he was a scrub, simply not true.
Oh man...this increases the amount of playing time Chris "burnt toast" Cook will be getting.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Yes, that's been established.

So it's a witch hunt when it our players?

It's logic when it's another teams player. That's consistent. Dude messed up. I'm not the one that's going to cut him, but I sure can react to it. At least I'm consistent.

Are you speaking directly to me? Because you'd be hard pressed to find a single post of mine bashing any player from any team, not really my style.

I just find it tiresome and I'm not talking about you specifically, that every time a player f**ks up, which cully obviously did,everyone comes out with thier pitchforks floating on their clouds of judgment ready to cast them into the sea for their misdeeds.
Are you speaking directly to me? Because you'd be hard pressed to find a single post of mine bashing any player from any team, not really my style.

I just find it tiresome and I'm not talking about you specifically, that every time a player f**ks up, which cully obviously did,everyone comes out with thier pitchforks floating on their clouds of judgment ready to cast them into the sea for their misdeeds.

I'm speaking to anyone that would apologize for Cullys actions or try to diminish them. I'm not saying it's a good thing in all situations, but in this situation Cully has more than asked for it. If he was to have hit the person and got out to check on them. Absolutely not a big deal. Accidents happen, and I would understand where you're coming from completely. But he left a person who could've been dieing on the side of the road, and then assaulted a person with brass knuckles when they tried to confront him over it. He made his bed, and I hope they cut him. Ultimately over-reactions are not productive but they have absolutely zero effect on the team. Cully hurt the entire organization with this s**t.

Serviceable at most? He was one of the NFL's top performing cornerback's in 2012, in his second season. Culliver went well beyond "serviceable", which is the 49ers were looking at locking him into a long-term deal, that's pretty dead at this point.
I'm speaking to anyone that would apologize for Cullys actions or try to diminish them. I'm not saying it's a good thing in all situations, but in this situation Cully has more than asked for it. If he was to have hit the person and got out to check on them. Absolutely not a big deal. Accidents happen, and I would understand where you're coming from completely. But he left a person who could've been dieing on the side of the road, and then assaulted a person with brass knuckles when they tried to confront him over it. He made his bed, and I hope they cut him. Ultimately over-reactions are not productive but they have absolutely zero effect on the team. Cully hurt the entire organization with this s**t.

As did Aldon with his actions. I expect Culliver to get the same considerations Aldon did. Let due process take it's course.
Share 49ersWebzone