There are 271 users in the forums

Chris culliver arrested

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Existence:
So he was arrested, and it does sound bad, but do we know all the facts about the case yet? It's all based on heresay and unconfirmed witnesses so far...

Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN
Full report on #49ers Chris Culliver's arrest: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-culliver-arrested-san-jose
Originally posted by jango4985:
Sorry if posted already, but is it known if we can completely get out of his contract with no dead money?

Originally posted by DeUh:
Cap savings if cut $1,431,000

Dead money $149,719

There ya go
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by TJA85:
Guess it's safe to say the staff will be taking a CB in the 1st round.

Wouldn't surprise me if we drafted 3 of them.

My mock is beginning to look more realistic...though I would still hesitate to count him out. As dispicable as his hit and run was, the bicyclist had minor injuries and the weapon was brass knuckles. He may get jail time but unless he has priors I seriously doubt he serves much time. He will lose more "potential" money than you might think and that may be more punishment than he gets from our courts.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM ]
You just can't make this sh!t up. what a nimrod. his action sounds something straight out of Grand Theft Auto.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
This might sound weird but it might make a Desean signing more likely so that we can go all DB with the first few picks in the top 100

I work with a girl that roomed with Desean when he was preparing for the draft and she says that he is basically a good guy -- a little aloof -- but he hasn
t done anything wrong

TO was a diva and aloof - I rode the escalator with him at the 49er kickoff luncheon in 2000 - and would not talk to all the fans around him

TO wanted money, was aloof, but never had any off field problems

I'd be all for signing Desean so we can focus on corner in the draft

Interesting take, but I don't see how we cut one trouble maker and sign another. Although DeSean hasn't really done anything wrong, it seems a bit hypocritical.

the only thing hypocritical is you calling someone who's "done nothing wrong" a troublemaker!

Not really. The Eagles cut him because he's a troublemaker. He hasn't done anything wrong in terms of the law, but he clearly has behavioral issues the prompted the Eagles to dump him for nothing.

Cully is worse than a trouble maker, he's a damn criminal....which is pale in comparison to what Desean does!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN
Full report on #49ers Chris Culliver's arrest: http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-culliver-arrested-san-jose

Sure -- that's still just the news report and the account of the witnesses on the scene. Doesn't mean that's what actually happened. I'm not advocating for the guy, I'm just saying there is a process in our country.
Thank goodness we didn't extend this retard.

No issue here if he's released.
This might sound weird but it might make a Desean signing more likely so that we can go all DB with the first few picks in the top 100

I work with a girl that roomed with Desean when he was preparing for the draft and she says that he is basically a good guy -- a little aloof -- but he hasn
t done anything wrong

TO was a diva and aloof - I rode the escalator with him at the 49er kickoff luncheon in 2000 - and would not talk to all the fans around him

Interesting take, but I don't see how we cut one trouble maker and sign another. Although DeSean hasn't really done anything wrong, it seems a bit hypocritical.

the only thing hypocritical is you calling someone who's "done nothing wrong" a troublemaker!

Not really. The Eagles cut him because he's a troublemaker. He hasn't done anything wrong in terms of the law, but he clearly has behavioral issues the prompted the Eagles to dump him for nothing.

Cully is worse than a trouble maker, he's a damn criminal....which is pale in comparison to what Desean does!

I agree with you there. I just don't see why we get rid of one problem, only to add another.
Looks like the niners are drafting two CB's early in the draft.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Existence:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN

Sure -- that's still just the news report and the account of the witnesses on the scene. Doesn't mean that's what actually happened. I'm not advocating for the guy, I'm just saying there is a process in our country.

Not sure what else you need.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
My mock is beginning to look more realistic...though I would still hesitate to count him out. As dispicable as his hit and run was, the bicyclist had minor injuries and the weapon was brass knuckles. He may get jail time but unless he has priors I seriously doubt he serves much time. He will lose more "potential" money than you might think and that may be more punishment than he gets from our courts.

Your mock is looking better by the day lol. I think it's very realistic to take 3 DBs in the first 3 rounds at this point.
If we finally wanna win the sb were gonna need to hit big on our 1st 3 pics, this culliver bs just threw a wrench into the gears
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

t done anything wrong

I actually think the opposite, I believe it would make the attempt to acquire DJax more difficult because we cannot cut one troubled player to sign one that brings more baggage with him. I would love to have Djax, but not at his asking price.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gonna have to trade up for a cb.
Share 49ersWebzone