There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sign Champ Bailey, then draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd

Signing Champ for a year deal I think would be great, he has the whole offseason 2 get his foot right, and with the pairing of two young up and coming Corners in Brock & Culliver this secondary has a great look to it...I think Bailey has a couple good years in him left, and having him would be an upgrade over Rogers that's for sure

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris Culliver
3. Tramaine Brock
4. CB drafted
5. Chris Cook
6. Daryl Morris
don't tell me what to do.
Only if he's our third safety. He's done as a corner. Too old now.
He's not done, he had a freak accident with his foot, when he comes back healthy this year, he'll put up good numbers whoever he plays for...there is no decline in his play, I think it be great 2 have him in SF and groom the young CB's
no thanks doesnt have the wheels anymore
Originally posted by 707Niners:
He's not done, he had a freak accident with his foot, when he comes back healthy this year, he'll put up good numbers whoever he plays for...there is no decline in his play, I think it be great 2 have him in SF and groom the young CB's

He's done. We have no room for an old guy to take valuable reps from our likely starters for the next few years. And probably a high round draft pick as a nickle.
I'd rather pick up Asante Samuel
I'd rather draft 2 CBs
Originally posted by niners94:

He's done. We have no room for an old guy to take valuable reps from our likely starters for the next few years. And probably a high round draft pick as a nickle.

this
Signing Champ for a year deal I think would be great, he has the whole offseason 2 get his foot right, and with the pairing of two young up and coming Corners in Brock & Culliver this secondary has a great look to it...I think Bailey has a couple good years in him left, and having him would be an upgrade over Rogers that's for sure

Yeah, that's about it.
Nah gonna have to pass on him. 36 years old in June. Don't know of many corners who were still in the league at that age, let alone were still effective. I really like Brock and Culliver on the outside. Wright can handle the slot, and we're sure to draft a corner or two in the draft to compete for playing time. I want these younger guys to hit the field and develop.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 25, 2014 at 12:04 AM ]
Yeah...no.

Hell no, absolutely not
Dump stone feet Rogers, sign a CB that makes him look like Deion Sanders instead......makes sense.

People need to stop proposing all these over the hill vets whose best days are way behind them, I'd rather see young players get extra snaps than some random dude who has one foot into retirement already and rightfully should be all the way there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 25, 2014 at 5:06 AM ]
After doing some film watching and a little research, I hope we manage to get Kyle Fuller of Virginia Tech...I like his physicality.