There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners have picks, but it wont be enough.

Lacking funds, Niners are unable to grab playmakers. In 2014 its gonna be tough. Cant be locking in players when Kaps contact will be played out to the very end. Alot of quality vets were in free agency. Seattle has had better luck grabbing who they have wanted. DE Allen will the grab of the off season for Seattle.
Originally posted by boogie:
Lacking funds, Niners are unable to grab playmakers. In 2014 its gonna be tough. Cant be locking in players when Kaps contact will be played out to the very end. Alot of quality vets were in free agency. Seattle has had better luck grabbing who they have wanted. DE Allen will the grab of the off season for Seattle.

SMH.

Ya know what? You're right. Lets not bother playing the season even. Seattle has already won.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM ]
we need an official thread for the 'niner fans' who are enamored with every move the seahawks make where you guys can discuss these things and fap to them.
That's what happens when you have a talented deep team. The cap squeezes you. Seattle doesn't scare me. Their stadium advantage does. It's the only place in the NFL where you have to wear earplugs on offense and go on a silent count. Allen is good. Aldon Smith is way better.

We have a bunch of picks to get even better still. And Seattle. They will get to play with the cap next year. Lots of contracts coming up including Sherman and Russel Wilson.
Over the course of a season I'm more afraid of Tate than Harvin and Allen is overrated (and they haven't even signed him yet).

calm the eff down. At least save the complaining until after the draft.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Mar 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

SMH.

Ya know what? You're right. Lets not bother playing the season even. Seattle has already won.

it gets frustrating seeing fans act like this time and time again. we all know the twists and turns of a long nfl season and how unpredictable it is. seattle won the division and the nfc title game by a c**t hair. how you can hand them the trophy, or at least the division 8 months ahead of schedule is beyond me.
Yeah, I don't get it. The last few seasons the Niners haven't really made much of a big splash in FA, but going after value plays. Given that we've made the NFCC three years in a row, with a SB mixed in, I'd say the strategy has worked well. Yes, it'd be nice if we had a SB victory or three in there, but a more aggressive strategy in FA wouldn't likely have changed things. We have plenty of home grown talent to pay in the next couple years, so spending tons of coin for FAs who make a miniscule incremental difference could have been crippling.
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Yeah, I don't get it. The last few seasons the Niners haven't really made much of a big splash in FA, but going after value plays. Given that we've made the NFCC three years in a row, with a SB mixed in, I'd say the strategy has worked well. Yes, it'd be nice if we had a SB victory or three in there, but a more aggressive strategy in FA wouldn't likely have changed things. We have plenty of home grown talent to pay in the next couple years, so spending tons of coin for FAs who make a miniscule incremental difference could have been crippling.

oh it would have changed some things, maybe not in the results column though. a portion of the fan base wants splashy names, they dont realize for every splashy name you add you can count on a current player or two going out the door to fit the numbers in. these fans always reply with something like 'well seattle is doing it'.....go look at the seahawks pro bowlers on rookie contracts. they wont be in play for the jared allens or percy harvins of the world next year and beyond.
Thread is utter BS .

Really? A poor, poor Niners thread and we haven't even conducted the draft? Even susweel wouldn't be so bold!

Originally posted by English:
Thread is utter BS .

I think you can probably lock this BS up.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:
Thread is utter BS .

I think you can probably lock this BS up.

re-name it the official fap to the seahawks offseason moves threads.