There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers next on dynasty week

Originally posted by jbeale49:
Damn, was that good. We had such a chip having not sniffed the playoffs in the better part of a decade. 3 plays prior, Carlos Rodgers drops INT, again. That even feels good right now.

Yes. That really set the tone because Saints drove right down the field. Then Justin Smith being a Hulk





This picture always cracks me up




I'll forever love that 2011 Defense. No question, our best since the 1980's and I think the finest the NFL has seen since the 2000 Ravens.
Better than mid 2000 Ravens, Steelers or even Buccaneers.
[ Edited by joshuatree on Mar 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM ]
I'd definitely put the 2011 defense up there with the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs and 2008 Steelers (I also begrudgingly have the 2013 Seahawks on that list)

The front 7 played at an insane level the entire season and the turnovers generated were a huge bonus.You can make a case that the defense let up too many big plays in 2012 and 2013, but that 2011 unit played its hearts out.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I'd definitely put the 2011 defense up there with the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs and 2008 Steelers (I also begrudgingly have the 2013 Seahawks on that list)

The front 7 played at an insane level the entire season and the turnovers generated were a huge bonus.You can make a case that the defense let up too many big plays in 2012 and 2013, but that 2011 unit played its hearts out.

I'd agree. If you look at individuals, however, it doesn't make sense that 2012/13 wasn't as good. I never understood the drop off until i watched this game. We played so much press on the edges. It gave Justin Smith/DL time to get there. It wasn't just Aldon and Brooks getting shots a Brees. The interior line thumped him all game and we were in his head. That's also why Sproles had his career game through the air, everything checkdown (that and Pierre Thomas was sleeping in the locker room from Whitner's hit). I'd guess 80% of the time, its all he had time for.

With our corners being okay at best, it makes me want to play so much more press coverage this year. They only have to be good for 3 seconds. Every 3rd and long situation was a jailbreak for our pass rush. Carlos Rodgers made the pro bowl that year. It wasn't his awesomeness that got him there.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 325
Our 2011 D and ST units played with such an edge, it was great to watch. Somehow, in 2012/13, they lost some of that edge. They've got to bring that hunger and aggressiveness back this year.

Also, we've got to get home-field advantage this year too. The emotions and enthusiasm from our crowd was electric in that Saints play-off game. The team fed off of that electricity and played with even more intensity. That's what we need to get by Seattle in the play-offs.
On NFL network right now is 49ers v. NO in the divisional playoffs. 4th quarter is on... it's gon' get gewd.
Man that Alex TD run still one of the best plays ever.
Whitner!!!!! Why?

Amazing 4 TDs in 4:48

Hard to top this game for emotional swings. We got it! We lost it! We got it! It's over. We got it!
Originally posted by ace52:
Our 2011 D and ST units played with such an edge, it was great to watch. Somehow, in 2012/13, they lost some of that edge. They've got to bring that hunger and aggressiveness back this year.

Also, we've got to get home-field advantage this year too. The emotions and enthusiasm from our crowd was electric in that Saints play-off game. The team fed off of that electricity and played with even more intensity. That's what we need to get by Seattle in the play-offs.

Siragusa "This team tackles like no other team I've seen before"

Except for Seattle and Colts indoor, if I'm not mistaken most of the new Stadiums diminish fan craziness. Too much scoreboard and other functions crap going on that makes the fan lazy. I hope we are an exception

Alex killed it with Vernon
Probably Alex's best game as a Niner.

His competitiveness and athleticism were great to watch.
Originally posted by joshuatree:
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Damn, was that good. We had such a chip having not sniffed the playoffs in the better part of a decade. 3 plays prior, Carlos Rodgers drops INT, again. That even feels good right now.

Yes. That really set the tone because Saints drove right down the field. Then Justin Smith being a Hulk





This picture always cracks me up




I'll forever love that 2011 Defense. No question, our best since the 1980's and I think the finest the NFL has seen since the 2000 Ravens.
Better than mid 2000 Ravens, Steelers or even Buccaneers.

it wasnt better than the bucs D in 2002. those guys scored like 7 or 8 defensive tds in the regular season, another in the nfc title game and about 2 or 3 in the super bowl. when your D is scoring points, thats massive.
dynasty week was taken over by manziel =/