There are 398 users in the forums

49ers next on dynasty week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh god Mike Rumph
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Watching the huge comeback playoff game vs Giants from Jan, 2003. I never realized how Niners got so far behind into 2nd half cuz I originally saw only about the last 20 min of the game. Odds & ends - WTF was Cris Collinsworth doing in a 3-man booth w/ Buck & Aikman (pretty sure they were #2 FOX announcing crew back then) and why were they wearing stupid looking all-black outfits? Not even suits mind you, just different black pullover shirts. IDK why I really care but they just looked like buffoons with horrible wardrobe selection and I didn't remember those 3 together. Shockey was really good back then, but man was he an a**hole (was that his only good season LOL?). He tried to act like a bad-ass but was just a poser. Again, 49ers only trailed by 7 with under 3 min. left in the 1st half so how did they get so f**king far behind?

nobody from the U is a poser

Love it...early in the game they ran a reverse with Owens and then came back and threw a reverse, WR toss from Owens to Streets later. Way to set them up...something very much missing from our game plans.

Is there something seriously wrong with me that knowing the outcome I'm still really pissed at Plummer and the defense right now That and this rekindle almost a Sherman-like hatred of Shockey for me.

I couldn't STAND Plummer...or Eric Davis either.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Watching the huge comeback playoff game vs Giants from Jan, 2003. I never realized how Niners got so far behind into 2nd half cuz I originally saw only about the last 20 min of the game. Odds & ends - WTF was Cris Collinsworth doing in a 3-man booth w/ Buck & Aikman (pretty sure they were #2 FOX announcing crew back then) and why were they wearing stupid looking all-black outfits? Not even suits mind you, just different black pullover shirts. IDK why I really care but they just looked like buffoons with horrible wardrobe selection and I didn't remember those 3 together. Shockey was really good back then, but man was he an a**hole (was that his only good season LOL?). He tried to act like a bad-ass but was just a poser. Again, 49ers only trailed by 7 with under 3 min. left in the 1st half so how did they get so f**king far behind?

nobody from the U is a poser

Love it...early in the game they ran a reverse with Owens and then came back and threw a reverse, WR toss from Owens to Streets later. Way to set them up...something very much missing from our game plans.

Is there something seriously wrong with me that knowing the outcome I'm still really pissed at Plummer and the defense right now That and this rekindle almost a Sherman-like hatred of Shockey for me.

No because Plummer & Rumph sucked total s**t, and Shockey was remembered more for acting like a d**k than how good he was at one time. Niner offense won that game, oh and the bumbling Giants long-snapper.
It's kinda of amazing that 3 of the last 5 playoffs games at the stick were the Vernon post in '11, the comeback on '02 and the catch II in '98. The other two games only had kyle Williams gift wrap a Super Bowl berth to the giants and kap rush for 180 yard vs the pack.
No because Plummer & Rumph sucked total s**t, and Shockey was remembered more for acting like a d**k than how good he was at one time. Niner offense won that game, oh and the bumbling Giants long-snapper.

Because of that defense I never felt like those last mooch teams were real championship contenders. Offense was really good not great but good. I think if you could Frankenstein our '11-13 defense with that 00-02 offense that would be a really nice team.
It's kinda of amazing that 3 of the last 5 playoffs games at the stick were the Vernon post in '11, the comeback on '02 and the catch II in '98. The other two games only had kyle Williams gift wrap a Super Bowl berth to the giants and kap rush for 180 yard vs the pack.

I was just thinking about that the other day. It's kind of sad considering we only hosted 5 playoff games from 1998-2012. I'm so glad the dark days are over.

Also I agree that Colinsworth AND Buck & Aikman was an idiotic choice for FOX. They were the number 1 team that year after Madden went to ABC and Summerall semi-retired. Even though Summerall had lost his touch, he and Madden were still miles better than the three who replaced them. They even did a Super Bowl for FOX before Colinsworth left,
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

I was just thinking about that the other day. It's kind of sad considering we only hosted 5 playoff games from 1998-2012. I'm so glad the dark days are over.

Also I agree that Colinsworth AND Buck & Aikman was an idiotic choice for FOX. They were the number 1 team that year after Madden went to ABC and Summerall semi-retired. Even though Summerall had lost his touch, he and Madden were still miles better than the three who replaced them. They even did a Super Bowl for FOX before Colinsworth left,

these days i treat game announcers just like its noise in the back ground from the fans attending the game. unless they're updating an injury i usually just tune them out. i can see the score, the time remaining, the timeouts left for each team. i dont really need them to be honest.

Giants had a well rounded offense with Shockey, 2 contrasting RBs and decent tall WRs on the outside. I don't remember the Oline specifically but they were only 2 years removed from the SB lose to Ravens.

5:30 remaining in the 3rd Quarter
Giants - 35
49ers - 14

1st & Goal for the NYG from the 4 yard line
Also regarding this game, either ESPN or fox did an interview with Trey Junkin a few years after the game, and he talked about how this game ruined what he thinks of his career.

I have a friend who is a die-hard giants fan, and every now and then, I'd get him with a Trey Junkin reference. But that stopped when Williams decided to go potato.
Originally posted by smifunk:
I just setup like 12 different Niners programs for this week on my DVR including Playoff games (NFLs greatest games), Superbowls, Top 10 Niners of all time, a Football life with Eddie D, Jerry Rice, and Steve Young, and Sound FX with Vernon Davis and Jim Harbaugh. Now I all need to do is delete my wife's Downton Abbey crap to have enough space for it all

British TV shows suck
Sherlock, Jeckyl, Waking the Dead, Wallander, Luther, etc. all better than US crap.

Originally posted by joshuatree:
Giants had a well rounded offense with Shockey, 2 contrasting RBs and decent tall WRs on the outside. I don't remember the Oline specifically but they were only 2 years removed from the SB lose to Ravens.

5:30 remaining in the 3rd Quarter
Giants - 35
49ers - 14

1st & Goal for the NYG from the 4 yard line

Shockey's drop
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Oh god Mike Rumph

Might be the worst db I recall seeing. I guess I kinda just tried to repress the memories but from 1998 to 2010 our secondary was very poor. This game just brings back all those memories.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Oh god Mike Rumph

Might be the worst db I recall seeing. I guess I kinda just tried to repress the memories but from 1998 to 2010 our secondary was very poor. This game just brings back all those memories.

easy to have your draft stock inflated when ed reed covers up for you in college
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Sherlock, Jeckyl, Waking the Dead, Wallander, Luther, etc. all better than US crap.

the Office, also

US is Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers
easy to have your draft stock inflated when ed reed covers up for you in college

In a niner uniform he looked like he never covered a WR in his entire life. It was like it was a foreign concept to him. The Monday night game vs Philly was the worst display of pass coverage I recall seeing.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Mar 27, 2014 at 12:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone