LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Reason and Emotion

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
This seems to fit within this continuing discussion: Cully, what do you do with him? What are our options?
There are probably more options than we know.

Tough call. Do we make any moves before the league makes a decision or get aggressive fast?

I'm for waiting for the draft. Trent ahs been very good getting DB and our coaches have done well developing them.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
There are probably more options than we know.

Tough call. Do we make any moves before the league makes a decision or get aggressive fast?

I'm for waiting for the draft. Trent ahs been very good getting DB and our coaches have done well developing them.

Were not gunna make any real moves until the investigation is done. This isnt like with Aldon were there is an addiction to go off of and get aggresive with. Idoubt they comment anymore or take any action until an investigation is done.
Originally posted by fropwns:
This seems to fit within this continuing discussion: Cully, what do you do with him? What are our options?

The legal system will be first and foremost and THEN the NFL will react to whatever, if any consequences, that emerge. But look at Lynch's DUI. That thing dragged out over a year and in the end, it just silently went away. This is a case where there was no bodily injury (insurance claim IF it was Culliver's fault) and no physical assault on a cornering citizen (damaged car to get by this citizen's vehicle - another insurance claim).

In the end, I doubt much will come from this other than a higher insurance premium, embarrassment and a public apology and perhaps. some community service. From the sounds of it, this was a case of Culliver panicking.

Remember, everyone is looking for a handout these days and we should all wait for ALL the facts to come out before we jump to conclusions (learn from the Brooks case where his own teammate tried to extort $ from him b/c he knew he wasn't going to make the team).

My guess is that he and Brock will STILL be our starting CB's and he'll play very well for us and Baalke is going to have a field day signing him LT to a very reasonable contract with plenty of clauses in it WHILE also drafting one blue chip CB in development and another slot/nickle CB and a few UDFA's and perhaps a older veteran for added competition around or shortly after the draft.

In short, nothing has changed.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM ]
There are teams that are consistently competitive, Giants, Steelers, Pats, Ravens. What do they have in common? They know who they are. The Pats seem to be deviating from their plan with the big free agent signings but Brady's age and Belichick's timeline probably caused this turnaround. The 49ers follow the Giants, Steelers and Ravens blueprint of defense and ball control and most importantly stability in the front office. The plan of signing your core players early and not overspending in free agency leads to success. Grooming future starters and keeping the rotation moving and not letting the team get too old all at once. This team is set to be competitive for the foreseeable future.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The legal system will be first and foremost and THEN the NFL will react to whatever, if any consequences, that emerge. But look at Lynch's DUI. That thing dragged out over a year and in the end, it just silently went away. This is a case where there was no bodily injury (insurance claim IF it was Culliver's fault) and no physical assault on a cornering citizen (damaged car to get by this citizen's vehicle - another insurance claim).

In the end, I doubt much will come from this other than a higher insurance premium, embarrassment and a public apology and perhaps. some community service. From the sounds of it, this was a case of Culliver panicking.

Remember, everyone is looking for a handout these days and we should all wait for ALL the facts to come out before we jump to conclusions (learn from the Brooks case where his own teammate tried to extort $ from him b/c he knew he wasn't going to make the team).

My guess is that he and Brock will STILL be our starting CB's and he'll play very well for us and Baalke is going to have a field day signing him LT to a very reasonable contract with plenty of clauses in it WHILE also drafting one blue chip CB in development and another slot/nickle CB and a few UDFA's and perhaps a older veteran for added competition around or shortly after the draft.

This seems well reasoned. The bold is particularly likely! He is most fortunate his victim was not seriously injured, which would have forced a more severe legal response. As it is, I just can't believe he will be made an example of unless there are things we do not know. Do I love his character? No! But he panicked and showed his true colors...sad but not surprising.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

This seems well reasoned. The bold is particularly likely! He is most fortunate his victim was not seriously injured, which would have forced a more severe legal response. As it is, I just can't believe he will be made an example of unless there are things we do not know. Do I love his character? No! But he panicked and showed his true colors...sad but not surprising.

His defense will clearly show he is all about making amends...they will show he made a mistake regarding his comments in the Superbowl-week and made amends and even became a spoksmens for that community. That's what the court cares about. They'll see he panicked/got spooked and it snowballed from there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 31, 2014 at 8:17 AM ]
His defense will clearly show he is all about making ammends...they will show he made a mistake regarding his comments in the Superbowl-week and made amends and even became a spoksmens for that community. That's what the courts care about. They'll see he panicked/got spooked and it snowballed from there.

Agree!
Share 49ersWebzone