There are 166 users in the forums

Why you shouldn't be worried about the 2015 offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online
at some point in the near future, big dollars will come off and get reallocated. gore and cowboy will ride off into the sunset.

i think crabs will ask for huge dime and we could lose him, in addition to iupati.
FANTASTIC WORK!

Where do you find the time?

Do you have a job?
Well done! Great Work!

Hoping Kap settles for some form of Cap friendly contract - I'm hopeful based on some of his past statements on the importance of not tying up too much money in just a couple of players, but when the rubber hits the road.......
I'm not worried either. I think with the rising cap, we should be able to retain Crabtree unless he wants something insane. With Kaep's further development as a QB, this team should really be strong for years to come. I'm hoping the 2014 draft is strong enough where we will have some flexibility in the 2015 draft to move up or trade for future picks. With 11 picks we can really solidify ourselves to the point where we could go BPA throughout. We can set ourselves up with the 2014 draft and the extensions of Crabtree and Kaepernick for every starting position on offense and have quality backups. We can do the same thing on defense. With the right few moves, I have no concerns about the future of this team.
Originally posted by ninergold:
at some point in the near future, big dollars will come off and get reallocated. gore and cowboy will ride off into the sunset.

i think crabs will ask for huge dime and we could lose him, in addition to iupati.

No one is irreplaceable.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Would love to compare SF's stable 2014 and 2015 to Seattle's upcoming contract demands with Sherman, Thomas, and Wilson (not to mention their other, lesser players) all coming up at the same time.

No question we're in better shape. Some of our guys are going to get big pay days no doubt, but you figure their guys on defense are all going to be getting paid at the top of their respective positions. The only one we have in that position is Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninergold:

No one is irreplaceable.

I think Iupati goes but we hang on to everyone else.
We need at least 2 receivers, 2 DB, then go BPA. One of the receivers needs to be a stretch the field type as we still need speed on the outside.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
We need at least 2 receivers, 2 DB, then go BPA. One of the receivers needs to be a stretch the field type as we still need speed on the outside.

this can easily be done in the draft, we may have some extra cash after june first so if we need a vet we can add one. when we were 1-2 last year i was very upset but was told by the fan base to calm down because there was alot of the season left... why it is so hard for people to understand there is alot of time and alot of things will happen between now and when the bullets start to fly.. and do not throw in denver and the pats as some sort of example we should be following,,,, unlike denver we do not have a 38 year old qb with a 68 year old neck and they just do not care about long term success,,, and the pats only did what they did because they were scared about denver did.
Originally posted by cciowa:

this can easily be done in the draft, we may have some extra cash after june first so if we need a vet we can add one. when we were 1-2 last year i was very upset but was told by the fan base to calm down because there was alot of the season left... why it is so hard for people to understand there is alot of time and alot of things will happen between now and when the bullets start to fly.. and do not throw in denver and the pats as some sort of example we should be following,,,, unlike denver we do not have a 38 year old qb with a 68 year old neck and they just do not care about long term success,,, and the pats only did what they did because they were scared about denver did.

Absolutely, I don't care about free agency really. I know what to expect of our front office. I was speaking for the draft needs of our team. Denver is going #YOLO to try and get back to the Super Bowl for Peyton, too bad if they get back they'll be playing us! Lol and to lose 2 Super Bowls in a row would be funny as s**t.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

Absolutely, I don't care about free agency really. I know what to expect of our front office. I was speaking for the draft needs of our team. Denver is going #YOLO to try and get back to the Super Bowl for Peyton, too bad if they get back they'll be playing us! Lol and to lose 2 Super Bowls in a row would be funny as s**t.
agree,, they think they are the dream team now and we all know how that works out sometimes. it would be funny if manning got busted up as it is clear they do not have a back up plan for that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
agree,, they think they are the dream team now and we all know how that works out sometimes. it would be funny if manning got busted up as it is clear they do not have a back up plan for that.

They just filled a few holes with proven names and that's good news for them. However, they're entire front seven isn't quite yet top notch, they still have issues with the o-line and like you said (back up QB). Although, I don't think their back up QB issues are any worse than ours.

I sure hope we get a real good safety in the draft, I'm not comfortable with any of our back ups if they had to become starters due to injuries...
Thanks guys, took about an hour to write this up. Was fun to do.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
I an fine except of
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Now players who I doubt are here in 2015, as they likely don't make it through 2014′s cuts.

WR Chuck Jacobs($510,000 cap charge) – Jacobs has all the potential to be a good player, but unless he can beat out anyone who they put in front of him, he is likely destined for the practice squad again in 2014.

I am not sure about that.As same as Patton, he is considered to be the future and I really liked him (in interaction with BJ Daniels) during 2013´s Preseason. I am actually looking forward to see him....
Just because we will theoretically have the room to keep our guys doesn't mean we will or that we will even want to. We have to keep the cap flexible so we can adapt. There may be injuries, the team may under perform, players may fall off, new guys may step up. We have future drafts to pay for, there needs to be money left over to acquire free agents, and the thing people forget is that we have some young players who need to eventually get their shot. We are going to lose some guys, more than most realize. I think our opponents are dying to break us apart and they will, it's how we improvise is where Baalke will prove his worth. We still have no idea what our free agents will command from us and what they will get elsewhere. I still think it's a good possibilty, especially if we don't win the Super Bowl that guys noone is even thinking about will be gone. I have some ideas of who will be gone, I don't list them because most webziners will get pissed.
Share 49ersWebzone