There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Walter Thurmond Visit Today?

I thought Thurmond was supposed to visit the 49ers today, but haven't heard anything further. The latest I've read is that he's on his way to visit the Redskins. Did he in fact visit with the Niners today? Do we still have a shot at signing him? With Rogers and Brown now gone, we need another quality CB, and I'm not convinced that Cook is it.
Baalke is a cheapskate. Lost Tarell Brown to the Raiders for $3.5mill. and signed some BUM named Cooks Chris for $900k whoopty freekin doo
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Baalke is a cheapskate. Lost Tarell Brown to the Raiders for $3.5mill. and signed some BUM named Cooks Chris for $900k whoopty freekin doo

It's been confirmed from sources that Brown rejected a 3-year $10 mil deal from the 49ers. He wanted the 1-year deal from the Raiders to test free agency again next year. He thinks he can get more money. Your narrative that Baalke is a cheapstake is completely false, given the fat contracts given to players who deserve it. Repeating this nonsense over and over in multiple threads doesn't make it true.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM ]

Are you aware of this thing in the NFL called a salary cap? Perhaps upcoming contract extensions to our young stud/core players named Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati? T.Brown is a very replaceable player in the draft or FA, 49ers set a price on all players and won't go over it, system has worked very well so far, so much so that the 49ers have one of if not the most talented/deep rosters in football. We have 11 draft picks, we'll be fine, FA isn't over.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It's been confirmed from sources that Brown rejected a 3-year $10 mil deal from the 49ers. He wanted the 1-year deal from the Raiders to test free agency again next year. He thinks he can get more money. Your narrative that Baalke is a cheapstake is completely false, given the fact contracts given to players who deserve it. Repeating this nonsense over and over in multiple threads doesn't make it true.

I've always thought Brown just didn't make smart biz decisions ......

You're a 5'10 CB WITHOUT speed playing against bigger and faster WRs. He was in the perfect system for his abilities and will now play on a team with little defensive talent around him thinking he's going to be able to showcase his abilities? #rudeawakening
Originally posted by NinerGM:

You're a 5'10 CB WITHOUT speed playing against bigger and faster WRs. He was in the perfect system for his abilities and will now play on a team with little defensive talent around him thinking he's going to be able to showcase his abilities? #rudeawakening

Yup. Unless Tuck, Woodley, Smith turn back the clock a few years, he's in trouble.

It's been confirmed from sources that Brown rejected a 3-year $10 mil deal from the 49ers. He wanted the 1-year deal from the Raiders to test free agency again next year. He thinks he can get more money. Your narrative that Baalke is a cheapstake is completely false, given the fact contracts given to players who deserve it. Repeating this nonsense over and over in multiple threads doesn't make it true.

Brown had good speed. Ran a 4.4 coming out.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for iluvdemniners.
i didn't want any of the weakhawks trash on our team anyway
Wouldn't Surprise me to see a REPEAT Super Bowl Seachickens Vs Doncos. Gotta give credit to those teams for making BOLD Descisions
Wouldn't Surprise me to see a REPEAT Super Bowl Seachickens Vs Doncos. Gotta give credit to those teams for making BOLD Descisions

Lol.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Brown had good speed. Ran a 4.4 coming out.

Yep in 2007 but not the 2014 version.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Thurmond did visit today.

All of our beat writers reported that they "can sign Thurmond for 1 year $2M" -- read into that however you want. Maybe we offered him a deal and he's thinking about it. Maybe not.

Either way, people need to stop getting their feelings hurt about Cook signing because again EVERYONE of our beat writers went REALLY far out of their way to tell everyone that this doesn't stop them signing another player, whether it is a WR (Edelman or Sanders) and especially another CB (Thurmond -- because Cook plays outside and Thurmond would exclusively play the slot for the 9ers).

Now can everybody be a little rational about the next 2 days please?
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM ]

lol good one
Regardless I kind of wish the FO would've just matched the deal. Maybe they did but if it really was a 10mil 3yr take it or leave it deal then I just can't agree with that. Maybe they want to extend someone but it's lot more likely that will go into to the next year with a couple of million in rollover.