LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers released Chris Cook *Updated*

This sounds like a move to get Brown to come back on the cheap!
Originally posted by wailers15:
So let's get a big bodied guy who gets burned lol

Did the Vikings play press?
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
SanDiego wanted a big tall and fast cornerback, here you go buddy.

sandiego gonna be like

If they teach him to hold and mug on every single play we can develop a LEGION of BOOM secondary......
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
SanDiego wanted a big tall and fast cornerback, here you go buddy.

sandiego gonna be like

If they teach him to hold and mug on every single play we can develop a LEGION of BOOM secondary......

BOOM!
Maybe they brought him in to toughen Jonathan Martin up?

Give it a month, Martin will have tattoo's all over, will be smoking blacks and blasting Rick Ross from his pimped sound system in his old model Buick Regal.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
You guys crack me up, this is like when we got walt harris, or carlos, everyone was like o man they suck season over... Turned out they weren't half bad.

I'm ok with this he's got all the size and speed you could want. Vikings played a cover 2, maybe he feels and the niners feel he is a press man type of cb. Either way lol not like were breaking the bank getting depth for training camp.

Walt harris and Carlos rogers actually produced on their respective teams before joining the Niners

I don't agree with that. Walt was productive for 6 years in Chi he had 15 ints during those years, 3 years for the niners he had 15, the 2 years with Ind and the 2 years with the redskins he only had 5 with both of those teams put together. Look like he was done with before he joined us.

Rogers was well hated by redskins fans during those 6 years, which he only had 8 int's. The 3 years with the niners he had 9.

Both Rogers and Walt were far better with the niners than not.
Originally posted by NCommand:

The Vikings didn't play defense last year
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
If you need a guy in camp for corner just to cut I'm 5'10" 185lbs. Just have to work on my vertical and 40 time a little old at 32 but your just gonna cut me anyway.
You guys crack me up, this is like when we got walt harris, or carlos, everyone was like o man they suck season over... Turned out they weren't half bad.

I'm ok with this he's got all the size and speed you could want. Vikings played a cover 2, maybe he feels and the niners feel he is a press man type of cb. Either way lol not like were breaking the bank getting depth for training camp.

Walt harris and Carlos rogers actually produced on their respective teams before joining the Niners

I don't agree with that. Walt was productive for 6 years in Chi he had 15 ints during those years, 3 years for the niners he had 15, the 2 years with Ind and the 2 years with the redskins he only had 5 with both of those teams put together. Look like he was done with before he joined us.

Rogers was well hated by redskins fans during those 6 years, which he only had 8 int's. The 3 years with the niners he had 9.

Both Rogers and Walt were far better with the niners than not.

How many INT's did Cook have with the Vikings? Just curious
Originally posted by nj9er:
If you need a guy in camp for corner just to cut I'm 5'10" 185lbs. Just have to work on my vertical and 40 time a little old at 32 but your just gonna cut me anyway.

5'10" and 185 is not 6'2" and 215 son.

This is tha last guy id hope we would sign
You asked for size in the secondary? Chris Cook brings it in spades.

Originally posted by NCommand:

The Vikings didn't play defense last year

lol true.

I think they did play press. They were a Tampa 2 defense under Leslie Frazier.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Carlos Rogers sucked before he became a 49er to. Ed Donatell will work magic with him.
You asked for size in the secondary? Chris Cook brings it in spades.

He lacks the fluid hips to turn and run with receivers. Horrible signing. Fire Baalke NAO.
Share 49ersWebzone