Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official: 49ers sign Chris Cook

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
at the rate were losing corners I hope this dude turns out not to be a turd

exactly, b/c right now he's looking like a major turd

From all the reports, he seems to be doing well minus having stone hands.

A turd? Not sure where he got THAT report but so far the reports have been very good WHILE the coaches work on his one weakness and that's ball-tracking...something every single one of our DB's have sucked at over the years from Culliver to Whitner to Rogers in the NFCCG. With quality safeties in Reid and Bethea, these CB's won't have to worry as much about it with over-the-top help, something Cook never got in MN.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
A turd? Not sure where he got THAT report but so far the reports have been very good WHILE the coaches work on his one weakness and that's ball-tracking...something every single one of our DB's have sucked at over the years from Culliver to Whitner to Rogers in the NFCCG. With quality safeties in Reid and Bethea, these CB's won't have to worry as much about it with over-the-top help, something Cook never got in MN.

of course this is the truth. i have not heard about the so called turd reports . the kid is working hard to improve, has a good attitude and he taking advantage of his opportunity. and as has been said before, he is around better coaches, better players and a winning culture. sometimes you have to just take your secondary and blow it up once in a while,, walsh did it one time and with the job our corners did in the title games and super bowl,, i think the time has come to blow things up a bit.
Originally posted by cciowa:

of course this is the truth. i have not heard about the so called turd reports . the kid is working hard to improve, has a good attitude and he taking advantage of his opportunity. and as has been said before, he is around better coaches, better players and a winning culture. sometimes you have to just take your secondary and blow it up once in a while,, walsh did it one time and with the job our corners did in the title games and super bowl,, i think the time has come to blow things up a bit.

Plus, out defense is predicated on front-7 play, as long as our front keeps up the pressure, we can get ample value out of plug-and-play CBs (IMO).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Plus, out defense is predicated on front-7 play, as long as our front keeps up the pressure, we can get ample value out of plug-and-play CBs (IMO).
and to piggy back and further advance that line of thinking,, our defensive line depth was better last year then the year before and it should be better this year than it was last year. that should mean a consistent level of quality play and pressure from those guys will help the back side. Yes i know we will not have bowman for a while and aldon is up in the air but i have tons of confidence in the next men up in that arena

and to piggy back and further advance that line of thinking,, our defensive line depth was better last year then the year before and it should be better this year than it was last year. that should mean a consistent level of quality play and pressure from those guys will help the back side. Yes i know we will not have bowman for a while and aldon is up in the air but i have tons of confidence in the next men up in that arena

I think Skuta and Lemonier will fill in adequately, but the combination of losing both Bowman and Aldon may be difficult... We can overcome one loss, but two remains to be seen. I have high hopes for Lemonier, I think he'll be the heir apparent to Brooks.
and i swear some of you guys have zero sense of humor and can not tell when a poster is actually making fun of himself

Is there some sort of system to get that across. Unless I read more from a certain poster, I take everything at face value.
46 pages for this scrub? He's gonna get cut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I think Skuta and Lemonier will fill in adequately, but the combination of losing both Bowman and Aldon may be difficult... We can overcome one loss, but two remains to be seen. I have high hopes for Lemonier, I think he'll be the heir apparent to Brooks.

the fact we still have brooks and willis are huge. i think brooks is the most valuable player on our defense no one talks about. the kids who were hurt last year do have to step to the front if we do lose aldon along with bowman. skuta, the lemon man and michael w are more than ok but we need some kids to step it up. dorsey of course has to prove he was not a one year wonder to and we can not have any sort of drop off from justin which we should not since he is getting more rest with our recent good depth
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

With Cully out, he's currently slated to start
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

With Cully out, he's currently slated to start

lets see what he does in pre season and in real time in a niner uniform before we declare him to be garbage.
I can't see why Aldon will miss more than 4 games. My guess is he is out 2 games. He already served five and LAX is on life support right now
�€Å"When the ball�€™s thrown up you�€™ve got to be able to find the ball and make a play at the ball,�€ Fangio said. �€Å"And he�€™s struggled there in his past. So, whatever we can do to improve him in that area will go a long way in helping his career.�€

Cook has clearly received the message. He spent part of his month away from the team before training camp in his native Virginia working on his weakness. Cook enlisted a quarterback and wide receiver so he could practice turning his head while maintaining tight coverage.

�€Å"It�€™s repetition,�€ Cook said. �€Å"�€� It�€™s just tracking the ball in the air. And just beat at it and chip at it until it gets better."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/07/27/beyond-starters-questions-about-how-49ers-are-covered-at-cb/

Good to hear. Wouldn't worry too much about the 9 completions against him yesterday. They may be working on off coverage or WR's and how they fair facing a Sherman-sized WR...technique.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM ]