LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

49ers released Chris Cook *Updated*

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
You guys crack me up, this is like when we got walt harris, or carlos, everyone was like o man they suck season over... Turned out they weren't half bad.

I'm ok with this he's got all the size and speed you could want. Vikings played a cover 2, maybe he feels and the niners feel he is a press man type of cb. Either way lol not like were breaking the bank getting depth for training camp.

Walt harris and Carlos rogers actually produced on their respective teams before joining the Niners

I don't agree with that. Walt was productive for 6 years in Chi he had 15 ints during those years, 3 years for the niners he had 15, the 2 years with Ind and the 2 years with the redskins he only had 5 with both of those teams put together. Look like he was done with before he joined us.

Rogers was well hated by redskins fans during those 6 years, which he only had 8 int's. The 3 years with the niners he had 9.

Both Rogers and Walt were far better with the niners than not.

How many INT's did Cook have with the Vikings? Just curious

ok got me there. Point is he's just a camp body, were going to draft a Cb, he'll be lucky if he even makes the team as the 5th cb.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by wailers15:
So let's get a big bodied guy who gets burned lol

Did the Vikings play press?

The Vikings didn't play defense last year

post of the month
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He lacks the fluid hips to turn and run with receivers. Horrible signing. Fire Baalke NAO.

Don't have to worry about running with receivers if they run into you and fall down at the line of scrimmage.
So how much $$ do we have left in cap space? Just a round about figure...
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by wailers15:
So let's get a big bodied guy who gets burned lol

Did the Vikings play press?

The Vikings didn't play defense last year

post of the month

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
The last time i remember Cook, he caught up to Kap during that 70 yard TD run in preseason.. Kap had a good running start lead.

so at least he is tall and fast. .....for Madden sake.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He lacks the fluid hips to turn and run with receivers. Horrible signing. Fire Baalke NAO.

Don't have to worry about running with receivers if they run into you and fall down at the line of scrimmage.

lol touche
I'm sure this has been posted over and over but wtf...why?

Cook, 27, the No. 34 pick in the 2010 draft, doesn't have an interception in 29 career starts and is coming off a forgettable 2013 season. He allowed an NFL-high nine touchdowns in coverage, according to Pro Football Focus, and quarterbacks had a 140.3 passer rating when throwing in his direction
championship!

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I'm sure this has been posted over and over but wtf...why?

Cook, 27, the No. 34 pick in the 2010 draft, doesn't have an interception in 29 career starts and is coming off a forgettable 2013 season. He allowed an NFL-high nine touchdowns in coverage, according to Pro Football Focus, and quarterbacks had a 140.3 passer rating when throwing in his direction

Brutal. I'm assuming this deal is for the vet minimum. Camp fodder unless he really impresses in TC and pre-season.
Voice of reason....

Matt Maiocco‏
@MaioccoCSN37 minsThe Chris Cook signing does not eat much into the 49ers' cap space is not likely to take the place of any other notable free-agent deals.
LOL. Not. FA (supplement) to fill holes and add competition (we're replacing QB McCoy, now have a swing T, Cox, etc.) and will use the draft to fill starter roles for NEXT year. If you haven't noticed, we're constantly developing players (ones that got us to 3 straight NFCCG). That's why you have to have great coaches. This ain't Madden. Just ask the Cowboys.

You use the draft to fill starter roles when rebuilding. You may occasionally get a gem. We are NOT rebuilding. Look at your successful teams around the league. They are fulling their positions of hindrance with players that are proven because there is an understanding that there is something called a closing window and time for development is not afforded. You mention that we are constantly developing players but never mentioned that it has only gotten us to virtually the same spot each year........ALMOST CHAMPIONS. So why continue to ride a tactic that doesn't finish? Why is the FO so afraid to land a big playmaker in FA?
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Mar 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM ]
Originally posted by MarkD:
Carlos Rogers sucked before he became a 49er to. Ed Donatell will work magic with him.

This is a huuuuuge misconception that people are running with. Rogers never sucked, he just had bad hands. He was still considered a good to great cover corner. Cook has flat out sucked and is a criminal. Hate the move...hope I am wrong.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Mar 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN now
The Chris Cook signing does not eat much into the 49ers' cap space is not likely to take the place of any other notable free-agent deals.

oops...sorry...didn't realize you'd already posted it. My bad

My guess is that his contract is at league minimum and may not even count into the "top 51" (AB correct me if I'm wrong on this) because the salary is too low.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone