There are 182 users in the forums

49ers released Chris Cook *Updated*

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Unless we plan on cutting Dahl and McCray and putting Ward as a S I dont know how we can keep Acker, Reaser and Cook.

Personally, I'd go

S: Reid, Bethea, Ward, Tartt
CB: Brock, Johnson, Wright, Cook, Acker, Reaser

Then Ward can play either spot. Would suck to cut 1 of those 3 since I think all should be worthy of making the team. Unfortunately I'm sure Dahl makes it and we cut a better player.

this is how I hope it plays out. I'd love to keep McCray, but maybe he can be put on the PS this year. It will be interesting to see who ends up starting at CB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Unless we plan on cutting Dahl and McCray and putting Ward as a S I dont know how we can keep Acker, Reaser and Cook.

Personally, I'd go

S: Reid, Bethea, Ward, Tartt
CB: Brock, Johnson, Wright, Cook, Acker, Reaser

Then Ward can play either spot. Would suck to cut 1 of those 3 since I think all should be worthy of making the team. Unfortunately I'm sure Dahl makes it and we cut a better player.
i am pretty confident dahl will be cut as i hope the new safety out plays him in camp in the safety spot and can be just as good if not better than the one thing dahls does well and that is to play special teams
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If not drafting a CB is the reason so Chris Cook can possibly start I'm all for it!!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am pretty confident dahl will be cut as i hope the new safety out plays him in camp in the safety spot and can be just as good if not better than the one thing dahls does well and that is to play special teams

I was thinking with Bellore signed for ST ace maybe that would help as well.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If not drafting a CB is the reason so Chris Cook can possibly start I'm all for it!!!

Like i said in the other thread Baalke is a year of ahead of us. He took Johnson, Acker and Reaser last year plus signed Wright this year. He addressed the need for CB this year last year. He has great confidence in Johnson, Acker and Reaser and I think rightfully so. I don't know if there was a mid to late round CB I'd take over Cook, Acker or possibly Reaser.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
sure he may not be the answer and i am waiting for some to say we are now saying cook is all pro ... but the kid really improved by leaps and bounds last year, was never a problem child and it is only logical to think he will pick up where he left off last year before he got hurt. we never thought walt harris or perrish cox or even carols rogers would be good for us. we also have a great secondary coach back there,,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Like i said in the other thread Baalke is a year of ahead of us. He took Johnson, Acker and Reaser last year plus signed Wright this year. He addressed the need for CB this year last year. He has great confidence in Johnson, Acker and Reaser and I think rightfully so. I don't know if there was a mid to late round CB I'd take over Cook, Acker or possibly Reaser.
the same can be said for the wide out spot in my opinion,, two solid starters, two kids that were never developed by other coaches, and a possible surprise in simpson, both cb and wr were not GLARING HOLES in my opinion,, i am sorry nfl and niner webzone draft experts but that is the way I see it
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Chris Cook Twitter

The 49ers changed my mentality .. I only think about greatness now.

Chris Cook Twitter

The young bull @EliHarold_ is hungry ! Hit me up early this am trying to get a head start.

Love to see this. You watch every 1on1 with the coaches and every one says the same thing...ultra excited about working together, enthusiasm, etc. It looks like the players feel the same way. These camp battles are going to be epic! The ONLY thing I dread this off season minus the usual player that has to go on PUP/IR is cut day...other teams are going to be lining up for our cuts even more this year!

Remember when Quinton Patton violated some league rule and flew out to Santa Clara the Monday after the draft or something and Jim Harbaugh had to send him back? I LOVE it when guys are chomping at the bit to get at it. When you have that kind of energy, enthusiasm, and ability, it can be a deadly combination. Glad to see that spirit is still permeating the team.

As for those the training camp bubble guys, there are a few of those that are my favorites that I am rooting for (LJ McCray, Lawrence Okoye). Hopefully we find a way to keep as many of these guys as possible. There's just not much dead weight to push off of the roster at this point.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Chris Cook Twitter

The 49ers changed my mentality .. I only think about greatness now.

Chris Cook Twitter

The young bull @EliHarold_ is hungry ! Hit me up early this am trying to get a head start.

Love to see this. You watch every 1on1 with the coaches and every one says the same thing...ultra excited about working together, enthusiasm, etc. It looks like the players feel the same way. These camp battles are going to be epic! The ONLY thing I dread this off season minus the usual player that has to go on PUP/IR is cut day...other teams are going to be lining up for our cuts even more this year!

Remember when Quinton Patton violated some league rule and flew out to Santa Clara the Monday after the draft or something and Jim Harbaugh had to send him back? I LOVE it when guys are chomping at the bit to get at it. When you have that kind of energy, enthusiasm, and ability, it can be a deadly combination. Glad to see that spirit is still permeating the team.

As for those the training camp bubble guys, there are a few of those that are my favorites that I am rooting for (LJ McCray, Lawrence Okoye). Hopefully we find a way to keep as many of these guys as possible. There's just not much dead weight to push off of the roster at this point.

"Enthusiasm unknown to mankind." LMAO!

Honestly, I don't even want to look at the roster now...and think about cuts. It's going to SUCK!
I remember Cook had a hard time adjusting to last year's rules changes about touching WRs. He started to play really well once he adjusted.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/83844-49ers-release-chris-cook/

Didn't see that coming....

I thought he played well for us? I hope he's not in trouble with the law...
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 5, 2015 at 8:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Surprising. Wonder why? Hopefully, they are encouraged by the play of the young guys and want Cook to have an opportunity to catch on elsewhere. I'd hate to think he did something that's gonna blow up his career/life.
Either young cats like Reiser & Acker are performing well to the coaches needs or its a sign to come & maybe we go & get Evan Mathis like we were suppose to from day 1.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Sucks I thought he'd make an impact for us this season. Thought he played well last pre season. I follow him on a few social platforms and dude is very grateful to the 49ers organization for taking a chance on him. Wish him the best.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Either young cats like Reiser & Acker are performing well to the coaches needs or its a sign to come & maybe we go & get Evan Mathis like we were suppose to from day 1.

This! Time to update the 53 again.
Share 49ersWebzone