There are 168 users in the forums

49ers released Chris Cook *Updated*

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by cciowa:
part of me wants to tell you to just check out the number of little red boxes he has filled up but that would be mean and english would get pissed at me

Yes, because as we all know, that's a good barometer of the quality of a contributor. I swear, some of you guys can act like pompous dicks on the Internet.

and i swear some of you guys have zero sense of humor and can not tell when a poster is actually making fun of himself
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Sounds pretty scientific... Probably used my most scouring depts...

That wasn't meant as any serious measure of talent.

Neither was my response...

Oh sarcasm...

no body gets sarcasm anymore and they get all bent out of shape,., see what obama has done to our world and to the zone
you are a good poster and i know you would be more than ok if you were proved wrong he has done good so far and yes i know what time of the year it is but at least he did not quit like wright and is working really hard to get better

Yea I eat piles of crow all the time
Hope this guy does what Carlos Rogers did a few years ago, reinvent his career.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
you are a good poster and i know you would be more than ok if you were proved wrong he has done good so far and yes i know what time of the year it is but at least he did not quit like wright and is working really hard to get better

Yea I eat piles of crow all the time
not as much as me! if its in the best interest of the team, i love being wrong
Originally posted by ninerjok:

I would be thrilled if we got that level of production from Cook. But you know its bad when reporters that watch practice comment on his lack of ball skills. The guy just cant catch a cold.

At least Rogers had a few INTs when we got him.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

I would be thrilled if we got that level of production from Cook. But you know its bad when reporters that watch practice comment on his lack of ball skills. The guy just cant catch a cold.

At least Rogers had a few INTs when we got him.

Rogers was a good corner when we got him. He just developed a reputation for bad hands and dropped some key INTs.

Cook is nowhere near Rogers level when we got him. He still has youth and talent on his side, so hopefully he turns it around.
at the rate were losing corners I hope this dude turns out not to be a turd
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

exactly, b/c right now he's looking like a major turd
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

From all the reports, he seems to be doing well minus having stone hands.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

From all the reports, he seems to be doing well minus having stone hands.

A turd? Not sure where he got THAT report but so far the reports have been very good WHILE the coaches work on his one weakness and that's ball-tracking...something every single one of our DB's have sucked at over the years from Culliver to Whitner to Rogers in the NFCCG. With quality safeties in Reid and Bethea, these CB's won't have to worry as much about it with over-the-top help, something Cook never got in MN.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
A turd? Not sure where he got THAT report but so far the reports have been very good WHILE the coaches work on his one weakness and that's ball-tracking...something every single one of our DB's have sucked at over the years from Culliver to Whitner to Rogers in the NFCCG. With quality safeties in Reid and Bethea, these CB's won't have to worry as much about it with over-the-top help, something Cook never got in MN.

of course this is the truth. i have not heard about the so called turd reports . the kid is working hard to improve, has a good attitude and he taking advantage of his opportunity. and as has been said before, he is around better coaches, better players and a winning culture. sometimes you have to just take your secondary and blow it up once in a while,, walsh did it one time and with the job our corners did in the title games and super bowl,, i think the time has come to blow things up a bit.

of course this is the truth. i have not heard about the so called turd reports . the kid is working hard to improve, has a good attitude and he taking advantage of his opportunity. and as has been said before, he is around better coaches, better players and a winning culture. sometimes you have to just take your secondary and blow it up once in a while,, walsh did it one time and with the job our corners did in the title games and super bowl,, i think the time has come to blow things up a bit.

Plus, out defense is predicated on front-7 play, as long as our front keeps up the pressure, we can get ample value out of plug-and-play CBs (IMO).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Plus, out defense is predicated on front-7 play, as long as our front keeps up the pressure, we can get ample value out of plug-and-play CBs (IMO).
and to piggy back and further advance that line of thinking,, our defensive line depth was better last year then the year before and it should be better this year than it was last year. that should mean a consistent level of quality play and pressure from those guys will help the back side. Yes i know we will not have bowman for a while and aldon is up in the air but i have tons of confidence in the next men up in that arena

and to piggy back and further advance that line of thinking,, our defensive line depth was better last year then the year before and it should be better this year than it was last year. that should mean a consistent level of quality play and pressure from those guys will help the back side. Yes i know we will not have bowman for a while and aldon is up in the air but i have tons of confidence in the next men up in that arena

I think Skuta and Lemonier will fill in adequately, but the combination of losing both Bowman and Aldon may be difficult... We can overcome one loss, but two remains to be seen. I have high hopes for Lemonier, I think he'll be the heir apparent to Brooks.
Share 49ersWebzone