There are 243 users in the forums

49ers released Chris Cook *Updated*

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by cciowa:
walt harris the second.. its always nice when you hear a guy who takes advantage of his opportunity. sometimes it does not work out for us like in the case of my man marlon moore from last year. sometimes like walt harris it does. since i was wrong,again,, in regards to eric wright being a great player for us,, hope this kid comes through as a pleasant surprise

Don't beat yourself up too much about that guy. He's proved everyone, from college to the 49ers, wrong. He couldn't get out of the way of his talent, and now, is going to figure out that the real world doesn't care about how much talent you have, it cares about how often you show up for work.

Wright disappointed a LOT of people throughout his career.
but it was nice of him to recognize that he lost passion for the game now as compared to right before the season. all the time and energy we would have spent on him can be focused on cook. now while i have no credibility left after my predictions of david boston being a niner, marlon moore being a stud, vernon not holding out and now eric wright all unraveled,,, him and cox being back ups to cully and brock is not tragic at all in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Gotta say, I wasn't a huge fan of this move initially, but I really like what I'm hearing out of camp. This could end up being one of those surprisingly solid moves if he comes into his own here.
walt harris the second.. its always nice when you hear a guy who takes advantage of his opportunity. sometimes it does not work out for us like in the case of my man marlon moore from last year. sometimes like walt harris it does. since i was wrong,again,, in regards to eric wright being a great player for us,, hope this kid comes through as a pleasant surprise

CC,
The idea is that we take a few low-risk fliers per year, and hope that one or two hit. Walt Harris is a great example. Or Carlos Rodgers or Perrish Cox or Nmamdi Asumogha...

You win some, you lose some... I like what I'm hearing from him. I remember when he was drafted by the Vikings, I thought to myself... 'Over-drafted', but for vet-min... Ill take it!
that is why i really am a fan of the way the front office builds this team,, you got your core group, then you hopefully draft well and make very clever use of free agency. when things turn out nice like walt harris , cox, and rogers did(for a little while anyway) it still puzzles me how some still feel we need to break the bank and f**k the future for one big name with all of the glittery ribbons and bows
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Gotta say, I wasn't a huge fan of this move initially, but I really like what I'm hearing out of camp. This could end up being one of those surprisingly solid moves if he comes into his own here.

CC,
The idea is that we take a few low-risk fliers per year, and hope that one or two hit. Walt Harris is a great example. Or Carlos Rodgers or Perrish Cox or Nmamdi Asumogha...

You win some, you lose some... I like what I'm hearing from him. I remember when he was drafted by the Vikings, I thought to myself... 'Over-drafted', but for vet-min... Ill take it!
that is why i really am a fan of the way the front office builds this team,, you got your core group, then you hopefully draft well and make very clever use of free agency. when things turn out nice like walt harris , cox, and rogers did(for a little while anyway) it still puzzles me how some still feel we need to break the bank and f**k the future for one big name with all of the glittery ribbons and bows

Fans love to win the offseason. Get all the ESPN and NFLN buzz, but when the games start mattering, that's when the truly elite FOs start to distinguish themselves.
I really don't care bout the price tag just the fact that Cook is a horrible corner. Rogers and Harris were average respectable corners. Hope Cook balls out but I just don't see it.
Chris Cook fails the Youtube test.

When I type in "Chris Cook highlights" I get videos from some random dude and when it does show the right videos, it's of him getting in a fight on the side line. If Cully doesn't rise to pre-superbowl form, we're fscked. If the FO brings in a vet to compete in camp, then that probably shows how confident they are about our current secondary.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

When I type in "Chris Cook highlights" I get videos from some random dude and when it does show the right videos, it's of him getting in a fight on the side line. If Cully doesn't rise to pre-superbowl form, we're fscked. If the FO brings in a vet to compete in camp, then that probably shows how confident they are about our current secondary.

lucky the you tube test when he was not a niner means zero now that he is on a new team with better players, coaches and winning atmosphere around him

Sounds pretty scientific... Probably used my most scouring depts...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I really don't care bout the price tag just the fact that Cook is a horrible corner. Rogers and Harris were average respectable corners. Hope Cook balls out but I just don't see it.

you are a good poster and i know you would be more than ok if you were proved wrong he has done good so far and yes i know what time of the year it is but at least he did not quit like wright and is working really hard to get better
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

part of me wants to tell you to just check out the number of little red boxes he has filled up but that would be mean and english would get pissed at me

part of me wants to tell you to just check out the number of little red boxes he has filled up but that would be mean and english would get pissed at me

That wasn't meant as any serious measure of talent.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

if english does pop up ,gets pissed and finds a way to remove some of my red boxes, at least i can say i predicted it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you should google 1970's niner highlights on you tube and see some good fun stuff from the niners . brody faking the run to set up touchdown passes to gene washington,,, roman..... the gold rush doing what they do.. its fun to see those old nfl highlights by the hall of fame announcers they had back in the day

Neither was my response...

Oh sarcasm...

Yes, because as we all know, that's a good barometer of the quality of a contributor. I swear, some of you guys can act like pompous dicks on the Internet.
Share 49ersWebzone